It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE on GOG.com video

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by Chamb
cpucrust: It will either be Fallout or Fallout 2 since Fallout Tactics doesn't look as appealing to me.
After you beat 1 and 2, Tactics will be like a walk in a park.
While I enjoyed the first two Fallouts when I first played them a couple of years ago, there's two things I never was very fond of: not being in control of my companions actions/watching paint dry while they do their thing and.... that inventory system is a real pain to move a lot of stuff around as well as getting your partners to equip the right gear.
mistermumbles: While I enjoyed the first two Fallouts when I first played them a couple of years ago, there's two things I never was very fond of: not being in control of my companions actions/watching paint dry while they do their thing and.... that inventory system is a real pain to move a lot of stuff around as well as getting your partners to equip the right gear.
Well the car in Fallout 2 helps, but it also had a lot of bugs. Luckily most have been fixed by now. Also it's wise to use the restoration mods for both for the complete experience :D
Post edited December 13, 2013 by blotunga
I just thought about how I actually would have preferred a PWYW sale for this - if Interplay basically just said "You can have the games for free if you want, but if you wanna throw us a buck or two before the license, we'd be grateful."

I mean, I appreciate that they're so nice to just give it away, but I think they should have deserved a bit of money.
This is great!
After collect my Copy of The Witcher 2, i thought of being able to stay here for a while, and it means a long ride. Cuz all you have done is fantastic. DRM- FREEE winter??... yes...!!!

Thank you so much.
so if I "buy " it and it is in my collection can I download it anytime I want ?
I dont have to download once , right ?
FST200: so if I "buy " it and it is in my collection can I download it anytime I want ?
I dont have to download once , right ?
Download it as and when you want/ need to.

Lots here download and backup their collection, but unless GOG goes under there is no need
It's been asked around a couple of times, but no one seemed to be able to answer in absolute certainty, so I'll try again, to be on the safe side:

What happens with the extras? Will those still be downloadable after the games are pulled, as long as we own the games on GOG? Anyone owns any of the games that have been pulled before and could confirm it for our peace of mind? I, for one, could use the extra backup space.
Chandoraa: It's been asked around a couple of times, but no one seemed to be able to answer in absolute certainty, so I'll try again, to be on the safe side:

What happens with the extras? Will those still be downloadable after the games are pulled, as long as we own the games on GOG? Anyone owns any of the games that have been pulled before and could confirm it for our peace of mind? I, for one, could use the extra backup space.
Maybe a staff member can answer this. I would think all items remain downloadable if a title has been removed. Otherwise, maybe a user here who has one of the removed titles can answer this:

TOCA Race Driver 3 - Removed on May 29, 2009.[5]
Colin McRae Rally 2005 - Removed on July 29, 2009.[6]

ObsCure - Removed around January 15, 2010.[7]

Republic: The Revolution - Removed on January 10, 2011.[10]

Chessmaster 9000 - Removed on August 26, 2012.[11]
Space Rangers - Removed on September 13, 2012.[12]
Space Rangers 2 - Removed on September 13, 2012.[12]
Second Sight - Removed on September 26, 2012.[13]

XIII - Removed on January 1, 2013[16]
Cryostasis - Removed on February 1, 2013[17]
Mobile Forces - Removed on September 17, 2003[20]
Dark Matter - Removed on October 22, 2013 [21]
Post edited December 13, 2013 by foxworks
foxworks: I would think all items remain downloadable if a title has been removed. Otherwise, maybe a user here who has one of the removed titles can answer this:
So far the only "hiccup" was with Chessmaster 9000 that for a short period (2 days?) wasn't able to be downloaded. Support said that was a mistake, and it is currently available to download. I can verify this is the case for all games removed in 2012 and 2013 other than Dark Matter that I hadn't manage to buy.
Same should be true for the other games as well, though the advice is to keep a local backup, just in case.

P.S. The only game to be removed from libraries is the mac version of Imperial Glory since it seems GOG didn't have the rights to distribute it.
Extras have occasionally been removed, but that hasn't been noticeably connected to their games' being removed from the catalogue. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad news.
I already had 1+2 but happily grabbed Tactics. Thanks, GOG, I love you! (in a platonic, business-y way)
So, any official comment on whether unredeemed gift codes will remain valid after the games are pulled?
Randalator: So, any official comment on whether unredeemed gift codes will remain valid after the games are pulled?
None yet. I can try to dig up the blue comments from last year concerning XIII, but the gift codes should work indefinitely.
foxworks: Dark Matter - Removed on October 22, 2013 [21]
Why do I always miss stuff like this? :)
Note to: self.
Pay closer attention to release topics.