It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics for FREE on GOG.com video

Section updated: Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.
Post edited December 14, 2013 by Chamb
There, just about finished getting Fallout 1+2 downloaded before I turn in for the night. I'm sorry to hear, GOG, that you have to remove the Fallout games from your catalog, I personally haven't experienced them yet but I can tell that it's a shame.

At least I can try the games now, since I actually have them.
As said before, thx a lot to Gog for sharing the Fallout games before their banishment.Much appreciated!
How much you want to bet Bethesda will take these games off GOG and continue selling them on Steam. I'm still hoping that GOG will reach some kind of deal before the years end.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by GaminggUy45
GaminggUy45: How much you want to bet Bethesda will take these games off GOG and continue selling them on Steam. I'm still hoping that GOG will reach some kind of deal before the years end.
safe to say most people have a copy of FO 1,2,Tactics by now :D
As others have said, thank you for this wonderful gift Gogmasters. This is a true gift, nothing is expected of anyone for accepting this gift, we are not beholden to buying anything, donating or any other way a "gift" can turn into a debt or a purchase.

We can reciprocate this gift in a way by doing nothing more than letting others, be it friends, family or total strangers of this site- one of the only gaming sites that are truly dedicated to the gamer, not the companies that try to control what we hold dear to us with a stranglehold by bleeding us dry for every "innovation" such as horse armor or a wolf skin for a dog in a FPS. We can share this gift that Gog has given us to share what we love with a person who is the most "hardcore" gamer to the person who thinks Bejeweled is what Country Western singers did to their jackets in the 1980's.

I was thanked by a complete stranger on Twitter today for posting a link to the Fallout special today. It was a woman who had (according to her) never tried a game before and was falling in love with the game. She shared the link and so on.

What am I getting at with this? Basically, what Gog.com has done by giving away some of the greatest games of all time, I believe they have done more good for the community of gamers, the industry of video games and the spirit of what our shared hobby can be than any launch of a console or game could ever do.

It also shows that there is generosity in a world that seems ever colder and grey day by day and that in the spirit of the season it is sometimes more fun to play Santa than to open all the beautifully wrapped gifts in the world.
GaminggUy45: How much you want to bet Bethesda will take these games off GOG and continue selling them on Steam. I'm still hoping that GOG will reach some kind of deal before the years end.
nijuu: safe to say most people have a copy of FO 1,2,Tactics by now :D
I hope so nobody should miss out on these games. Found this in an 2011 interview most likely doesn't mean much now. Bethesda's own response to the threat of piracy has been to hand extra resources to PC gamers in the form of a mod support, rather than restricting the experience with DRM.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by GaminggUy45
nijuu: safe to say most people have a copy of FO 1,2,Tactics by now :D
GaminggUy45: I hope so nobody should miss out on these games. Found this in an 2011 interview most likely doesn't mean much now. Bethesda's own response to the threat of piracy has been to hand extra resources to PC gamers in the form of a mod support, rather than restricting the experience with DRM.
Yeah but they still arent taking drm off. what are they so scared of???
IAmSinistar: Would be nice, but I fear that Fallout 3 is going to remain the best of the new Fallouts. It was just too fresh to be repeated, and it used up a lot of the good ideas that a sequel might otherwise have done. Fallout NV was a huge disappointment to me, not least for setting a post-apocalyptic game in a desert, a landscape that is virtually a wasteland even in normal conditions. Wandering the blasted streets of DC was part of what made F3 so gripping, and that sense of dislocation was lost in the follow-up. The decline in writing and plotting was similarly evident, and the music choices were pitiful compared to its predecessor as well. it looks like any following release will continue to be a victim of the success of the F3, and thus a wavering shadow.
I guess that's a matter of personal taste... I, for example, liked NV much more - F3 was an enjoyable experience up until the point when I had nothing else to do than just go on with the main story. At this point I realized that F3 is an 'epic heroic fantasy' tale just disguised as retro-sf post-apocaliptic tale. They even had ogres (called Supermutants), zombies (called feral ghouls) and vampires... and quests like 'search zombie infested tunnels to reach vampires terrorizing local community and deal with them'. Some parts were really good (the superhero quest made me laugh - I like this kind of cheesy jokes), Eden was a nice character, Point Lookout was really moody and so on... Yet, recycling the enemy fraction from 2, changing Brotherhood (those guys were elitist assholes in all previous Fallouts), black and white factions and unbeliveable world (what do they eat \ where are their farms? how do people in places like Republic of Dave procreate without in-breeding? where did they take an Englishman from? who builds a city over an unexploded nuke? why, so many years after the war, everything remains so devastated?) kind of decrease my joy of the game.
NV is not flawless, but - for me - it felt more Fallout-y...
Nooo I missed it :(
israr665: Nooo I missed it :(
really? I got it like a few mins ago.

I had to go without fallout 1 though since I already had it and gifting is temp disabled.
Thank you so much, GOG. :)
israr665: Nooo I missed it :(
Keele: really? I got it like a few mins ago.

I had to go without fallout 1 though since I already had it and gifting is temp disabled.
Ah Thank you for this reply I went back and checked there still for free and I grabbed them :D Thank you gog and Keele for the reply :),
Kind Regards,
Thanks GOG!
GOG.com: All classic Fallout games available FREE for 48 hours!

Holiday season is upon us! If you are a long-time GOG.com user you know well enough--or if you're relatively new to our service, you're about to learn--that we just love offering great games for free whenever it's possible. This year for instance, we've given away innumerable copies of the action-rpg gem <i>Torchlight</i>. Today, we're taking our gifting habit a step further. No, actually make that two steps, as we're handing out a package of three games this time around. For the upcoming 48 hours you'll be able to add [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013]Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics to your GOG.com collection, completely FREE of charge. That's $0.00 (or, if you prefer the currency of the nuclear wasteland, 0.00 bottle caps) for all the three classic games in the legendary post-apocalyptic RPG series, until Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT.

<iframe width="590" height="332" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3IQeFGitRkM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Section updated:Don't forget about your gamer friends that may not know GOG.com yet! Sadly, for the sake of unburdening what servers we have, we had to turn off the option for gifting free games. But you can always just let them know they can sign up with GOG.com and claim a free gift of Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. On top of that, when they register to our service, they'll receive all the 12 free games we add to all the newly-created accounts. That way your friends will start their adventure with GOG.com with a collection of 15 great games total already on their virtual shelves! Be kind, share the good news! :-)

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove , [url=http://www.gog.com/game/fallout_2]Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

While you come to grab your free classic Fallout games, make sure to stay a while and browse through our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale selection of 600+ games discounted by 50% or more, special bundle deals up to 80% off, and daily personal deals, including the mysteriously mysterious mystery box! All that and more, now covered with our new 30-day Worldwide Money Back Guarantee, for online game-shopping safer than ever before!

[i]We're currently experiencing server issues due to the highest traffic ever noted on GOG.com. We did anticipate much interest in our 2013 DRM-Free Winter Sale, as well as our Fallout 1,2, & Tactics giveaway, but the number of visits exceeded our highest expectations by far. And we mean FAR. For today, we've prepared double the number of servers that were needed to support our highest day in traffic to date, but it turned out to be not nearly sufficient. We're working on quadrupling our server supply, now.

We're terribly sorry for all the inconvenience you might encounter today, while visiting GOG.com store. If you're new to the site, rest assure that this is far from our day-to-day standards. We're working around the clock until all the problems are fixed, and everyone can enjoy everything we have to offer. If you've encountered any problems, please give it some time. Most issues will be resolved automatically, soon, as the first batch of extra servers is coming on-line right now. If you're affected by something more serious, please be assured that our support team will assist you and fix whatever needs fixing.

Again, we apologize for the user experience, that is not up to our usual standards.[/i]
If I don´t get my free games, I don´t ever buy anything here, that´s sure. Many ours I´ve tryed get free Fallout games. This is really good start.
I can't even browse any of the titles because I've been getting a 404 error for the past three hours. I hope things get fixed soon. :-)