It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Birthday Bullfrog Bonus Bonanza!

GOG.com 5th birthday celebration continues and we have some more gifts for you! This time, it's a nice pack of add-ons to the classic Bullfrog Productions titles in our EA catalog. There's plenty of previously not included content being added as you read this to five prominent Bullfrog games. If you bought them them previously, the updated versions will become available to you shortly. If you don't yet have those memorable classics in your collection, now you have some extra incentive to get them. Let's see what games get the Level-up treatment today, shall we?

Syndicate receives the American Revolt mission pack taking the future corporate executive work to a whole new level of awesome, thus becoming Syndicate Plus. Similarly, the fantasy underworld management game, Dungeon Keeper, becomes Dungeon Keeper Gold, with extra added evil in the form of the Deeper Dungeons expansion. Hidden Worlds have been discovered in the Arabian desert, making Magic Carpet into Magic Carpet Plus. now invites you to the <i>Promised Lands</i> filled with new challenges, and [url=http://www.gog.com/game/populous_the_beginning]Populous: The Beginning has yet some Undiscovered Worlds in store for you.

That's it! Five excellent, content-filled expansions await you in our classic Bullfrog titles. Again, if you bought any of these titles previously, you should now have access to the newly extended version without any additional fee. Have fun!
Thank you GoG ^_^b
I love that GOG does this. It's awesome
When will we see this update? I have dk2 in my gog account game list... Do I have to go through any process to convert it to gold?
ccarlton: When will we see this update? I have dk2 in my gog account game list... Do I have to go through any process to convert it to gold?
It's the original Dungeon Keeper that has become DK Gold.
Reading comprehension crits you for 9000.

:( thanks for catching that...
korell: Anyone tried the updated Populous, Promised Lands? Only so far I've yet to see any of the new graphics sets. All I seem to get is grassy plains and desert, even using level skip codes to jump ahead to worlds which I believe are supposed to use one of the new graphics sets.

Am I doing something wrong?
I've answered your question in Populous forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/populous_series/promised_lands_graphics_sets_dont_show so if anyone else has this problem you can read the solution there. It's a bit weird but it works flawlessly
gogskel: Good to see the Deeper Dungeons, but is it the Windows version now (optionally) or still the DosBOX-emulated DOS version?
Ghorpm: DOS version so technically it's not Dungeon Keeper Gold (it was Windows exclusive) but Dungeon Keeper + Deeper Dungeons.
DK Gold wasn't fully Windows exclusive, it also included the original DOS versions of DK+DD. I have been playing the DOS versions from the Gold version.

Ghorpm: I believe it would be hard to run Windows version on anything newer than XP (I tried years ago with Win 7 and it was crashing all the time)
Same here. I am able to run the Windows version on my old Windows XP laptop (***), but I still prefer playing the DOS version. I think the only reason for me to play the Windows version would be the Direct3D acceleration, but it adds very little IMHO to this game (as long as you run the DOS version in hires mode), and even has a couple of visual glitches.

(***)Actually, now that I think of it... I am unsure if I even got it to run on XP either? It could be I was actually running it on Win98SE. I'll have to check that, I still have the Windows version running on one of my retro-PCs.
Ghorpm: DOS version so technically it's not Dungeon Keeper Gold (it was Windows exclusive) but Dungeon Keeper + Deeper Dungeons.
timppu: DK Gold wasn't fully Windows exclusive, it also included the original DOS versions of DK+DD. I have been playing the DOS versions from the Gold version.
Oh man, now I feel so stupid! I've never played Deeper Dungeons and several years ago I borrowed Dungeon Keeper Gold from my friend. It didn't work well (I mentioned it briefly in another post) so I gave it back the very next day. Apparently I somehow missed DOS version... fortunately I finally have a chance to play Deeper Dungeons.
Wow, really great news (i know.. im late.. :P), good work GOG, yoy have make a nice weekend fot many of us... :)
timppu: DK Gold wasn't fully Windows exclusive, it also included the original DOS versions of DK+DD. I have been playing the DOS versions from the Gold version.
Ghorpm: Oh man, now I feel so stupid! I've never played Deeper Dungeons and several years ago I borrowed Dungeon Keeper Gold from my friend. It didn't work well (I mentioned it briefly in another post) so I gave it back the very next day. Apparently I somehow missed DOS version... fortunately I finally have a chance to play Deeper Dungeons.
Well, it isn't obvious right away that the Gold retail version includes also the DOS versions, as by default it installs only the Windows version, and adds shortcuts to it. But the CD still contains the DOS versions of both the base game and expansion pack too, and they are updated already to the newest versions (so no manual patching needed as far as I can tell). So they are there, you just have to know it. :) In that sense, the retail Gold version of Dungeon Keeper is apparently the most complete version of the first Dungeon Keeper.

I just tested the Windows (retail Gold) version again as I wasn't sure if I was running it in Win98SE or WinXP. It seems to run fine on WinXP (with Direct3D acceleration at least on my ancient IBM ThinkPad T41 laptop, ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 graphics hardware), as long as I set Windows compatibility to Windows 98. Otherwise the game just crashes when you try to start an actual mission.

But as said, the 3D accelerated graphics don't seem that different from the hires DOS version most of the time (I really only notice it in the 1st person view, which I very rarely, if ever, use in the game; and in that the D3D accelerated version is missing the lens distortion effect), and the Windows version has an irritating way of always flashing the Windows desktop when moving between game screens (menus, game etc.). I prefer playing the DOS version.
Post edited September 28, 2013 by timppu
Hmmmm, Magic Carpet Plus doesn't seem to have high-res option by pressing Alt+R like DK/Syndicate Wars, wasn't one of the things that was added in Plus is high-res mode, or am I remembering wrong?
Crosmando: Hmmmm, Magic Carpet Plus doesn't seem to have high-res option by pressing Alt+R like DK/Syndicate Wars, wasn't one of the things that was added in Plus is high-res mode, or am I remembering wrong?
Do the anti-aliasing, motion blur and water reflections work in GOG build?
Thank you GOG! :)
Crosmando: Hmmmm, Magic Carpet Plus doesn't seem to have high-res option by pressing Alt+R like DK/Syndicate Wars, wasn't one of the things that was added in Plus is high-res mode, or am I remembering wrong?
Wasn't the hires mode already in the base game (non-Plus)? I don't recall if it was alt-R or some other option...
Post edited September 28, 2013 by timppu
I think it was on the F 1-12 keys (for 3d mode too)