It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shayne3: I liked this idea that someone had:

sadly there is no way of checking a code besides activating it.
even if one already owns said game it will just tell you if the code is valid and not if it was used already.
swordtut:
here's an idea that might help with key trades:

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/1nau2l/psa_doing_a_keycode_trade_use_screensharing_to/
Post edited December 01, 2013 by oasis789
All should follow simple rules, and there would be no problem. Scammer can't hide join date and rep number, so don't trade with unknown traders. And there is a seach in this thread, so everybody can check everybody. I always leave names of good traders in my post, and I never been scammed. Wakalo tried, but it was so stupid and lame, it is hard to fall for that.
Maybe its an idea to keep 1 topic which can get edited everytime of people who did a good trade, so there is 1 long list.
Rather then having to check alot of seperate posts of people who had a good trade with someone.
Perhaps even include scammer's names. So a good/bad list.
Post edited December 01, 2013 by lugum
HypersomniacLive:
Yeah thats suck and blow wakalo!

pretty obvious by the speech pattern alone!
lugum: Maybe its an idea to keep 1 topic which can get edited everytime of people who did a good trade, so there is 1 long list.
Rather then having to check alot of seperate posts of people who had a good trade with someone.
Perhaps even include scammer's names. So a good/bad list.
actually wpegg setup a specific secure site for gog trades but nobody was interested if memory serves correctly.

Edit:
http://williampegg.net/Trade
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/known_scammers/page12
Post edited December 01, 2013 by Sachys
Madmate: All should follow simple rules, and there would be no problem. Scammer can't hide join date and rep number, so don't trade with unknown traders. And there is a seach in this thread, so everybody can check everybody. I always leave names of good traders in my post, and I never been scammed. Wakalo tried, but it was so stupid and lame, it is hard to fall for that.
Doesn't sound very fair to honest but new users that would like to join, I mean a new-unknown user-trader would never become an old-known user-trader if nobody trades with them, would they?

Sachys: Yeah thats suck and blow wakalo!

snip
He didn't even try to conceal the fact that it's him.

Sachys: snip
actually wpegg setup a specific secure site for gog trades but nobody was interested if memory serves correctly.

snip
Then maybe people just want to take the risk of being scammed? Or do they not trust wpegg enough?

I'm actually a bit disappointed that when a user is banned from the forum they can still freely PM other users - I'd expect that PM privileges are automatically being restricted to only GOG staffers in such cases.
Madmate: All should follow simple rules, and there would be no problem. Scammer can't hide join date and rep number, so don't trade with unknown traders. And there is a seach in this thread, so everybody can check everybody. I always leave names of good traders in my post, and I never been scammed. Wakalo tried, but it was so stupid and lame, it is hard to fall for that.
HypersomniacLive: Doesn't sound very fair to honest but new users that would like to join, I mean a new-unknown user-trader would never become an old-known user-trader if nobody trades with them, would they?

Sachys: Yeah thats suck and blow wakalo!

snip
HypersomniacLive: He didn't even try to conceal the fact that it's him.

Sachys: snip

snip
HypersomniacLive: Then maybe people just want to take the risk of being scammed? Or do they not trust wpegg enough?

I'm actually a bit disappointed that when a user is banned from the forum they can still freely PM other users - I'd expect that PM privileges are automatically being restricted to only GOG staffers in such cases.
Well in case of scammers yeah as they can continue to do harm, but there might be other cases where it wouldn't be needed. But it's not often that GOG bans someone. Nor uncommon for anyone that got banned to just create another account, and you can bet it happens.
HypersomniacLive: Doesn't sound very fair to honest but new users that would like to join, I mean a new-unknown user-trader would never become an old-known user-trader if nobody trades with them, would they?
It doesn't have to be. New users should trade with verified traders or risk to be scammed by other new users. All scammer old usernames has been banned or has minus rep, so no problem there. I traded with a lot new users. If a new user is avoiding to go first, you should not trade. Simple as that. Time goes fast, and good new users will be verified very fast, same as bad ones.
Motherfucking scammers. They seriously need to get a life. I assume the ones they're living right now are so completely shitty that they've long ago lost any means for sympathy or fairness. And they're thieving games, not even something that they absolutely need in order to survive (although that is wrong too)... oh well. I guess when you come from a home that had no love or even the courtesy to teach their offspring the most basic human behavior etiquette, this is the result. I'm very glad to see that GOG is truly taking measures with these lowlifes (unlike Steam too often): a ban is definitely the only righteous punishment.
DProject:
Actually i think they just got tired of interfering with the livestock in the local fields and wanted a fresh (and equally disgusting) challenge! ;)
lugum: Well in case of scammers yeah as they can continue to do harm, but there might be other cases where it wouldn't be needed. But it's not often that GOG bans someone. Nor uncommon for anyone that got banned to just create another account, and you can bet it happens.
Could you please give any examples?

I understand a ban as a measure of preventing a specific member from interacting with the rest of the community, that's why the retention of PM privileges makes no sense to me. Even if it's a temporary ban, it's still meant as "you can't be part of the community for X amount of time", which I'd expect to also include PMs.
I already excluded contact to GOG staffers given that here one has a single account for everything.
lugum: Well in case of scammers yeah as they can continue to do harm, but there might be other cases where it wouldn't be needed. But it's not often that GOG bans someone. Nor uncommon for anyone that got banned to just create another account, and you can bet it happens.
HypersomniacLive: Could you please give any examples?

I understand a ban as a measure of preventing a specific member from interacting with the rest of the community, that's why the retention of PM privileges makes no sense to me. Even if it's a temporary ban, it's still meant as "you can't be part of the community for X amount of time", which I'd expect to also include PMs.
I already excluded contact to GOG staffers given that here one has a single account for everything.
I was one of another example (so not for scamming), but dont feel like going into it again at the moment.
Regardless of that as i said pm privileges or not as long as it's open to create other accounts as it also happened with
Wakolo, it wouldn't matter because then they just do that.
Torchlight 2 is currently 75% off (£3.74) on steam.

Anyone prepared to pick this up on my behalf in exchange for $5.99 of GOG?

Edit:
Deal done.

Thank you Mortcus
Post edited December 01, 2013 by Rodzaju
lugum: I was one of another example (so not for scamming), but dont feel like going into it again at the moment.
Regardless of that as i said pm privileges or not as long as it's open to create other accounts as it also happened with
Wakolo, it wouldn't matter because then they just do that.
No worries, I have no interest in your personal story.

Of course it's easy to create new account(s) and Wakalo even admitted a while ago that he already has a number of dormant accounts he'll put in "good" use in the future.
But by retaining PM privileges, the Wakalos are given even more room to continue with their scamming behavior using any and all old accounts that are not burnt out; the disturbing part of it is that they can do so in a private and sort of protected environment - and that defeats the result and effect of a ban.

Anyway, my post was meant as a heads up to those unaware that banning doesn't come with restricted PM rights, i.e. they could still be contacted by a banned scammer for a trade.
ok what have i missed?
jimbob0i0 is great to trade with. And so is tAnt0. Also updated my list a little. :)
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/classifieds/post8757