It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pheace: [H] XCOM Enemy Unknown (Steam Key , from GMG sale)

[W] 2x Torchlight II Steam Gifts (no keys) (leftovers from a 4pack perhaps)
KneeTheCap: Why in heaven's name is this low rated ?
They must've been annoyed to see an actual good deal pass by ;)

That was like a little under $15 for XCOM Enemy Unknown.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by Pheace
Gotta be a first for everything.
Maybe someone is interested in a trade.

Have:

Steam:
The Ship
Dota2

GOG:
Bundled key: Spacechem+Anomaly Warzone Earth

Desura:
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle
Humble Indie Bundle #2
Humble Indie Bundle #3

Onlive:
Trine

Want:
Preferably on GOG:
Retro City Rampage
King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY
Deponia 2
Space Colony HD
Symphony

Steam:
Endless Space
Swords of the Stars 2

Scams will not be appreciated =)
Post edited January 14, 2013 by benjiir
Ian: DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS IDIOT
QC: Ian, I'd like to bring up something called "Psychology". People are funny, when something is confusing or obviously misleading, people tend to ignore it. When you come about warning us about him, it brings attention. You just made the possibility that he actually receives contact and actually succeeds in a trade about 100 times more likely.
I disagree. I didn't know that the rogue trader was back, and i feel that the more people are aware of rogue traders, the less likely they will be to do a silly trade.
low rated
QC: Ian, I'd like to bring up something called "Psychology". People are funny, when something is confusing or obviously misleading, people tend to ignore it. When you come about warning us about him, it brings attention. You just made the possibility that he actually receives contact and actually succeeds in a trade about 100 times more likely.
gameon: I disagree. I didn't know that the rogue trader was back, and i feel that the more people are aware of rogue traders, the less likely they will be to do a silly trade.
People are stupid. There's nothing you can do about it ;)
Putting psychology in quotation marks was definetly the right choice.
gameon: I disagree. I didn't know that the rogue trader was back, and i feel that the more people are aware of rogue traders, the less likely they will be to do a silly trade.
I just don't grasp why you'd scam people on GOG.

During the last day of sales, I PMed Starmaker (who owned all the bundles) in regards to a trade -- the sum of the games was a ridiculous amount in the sense that nothing in the catalogue costs that. Starmaker ended up gifting me the games I wanted, which was generous and unexpected and meant a whole lot to me because various things in my personal life has been shitty lately.

I started posting on the forums in Dec., I'm sure no one notices me on the boards, I don't have particularly high rep and yet, people here have been extremely generous to me. For no reason, other than that they're kindhearted people.
Old post.
Post edited January 11, 2013 by K_1269
Post edited January 12, 2013 by Barry_Woodward
I'll offer an explanation then. Now, in the real world, people are naturally suspicious of others. Given that we're all long term members, we're suspicious of anyone newer than us, or of lower rank, and it's been proven plenty already through the advent of requirements of reputation to enter contests or trade. So, say in the real world, you have some young upstart offering to sell drugs to others in high school his age. Everyone is already going to be "Psh, right." Well, then we have one fine, outstanding member that everyone respects. Ian, for example. He's out, calling "We've caught the seller, he's the one with the weed!" Well, reputation now. You didn't get rid of him, you pointed him out. People know he really has it now.

Now, how does this transfer into here online? The alternative version is the same as one man calling another horrid and kicking his name in the dirt in the open. People will react the opposite, sympathetic. Most of us older users who know and respect Ian are going to know why he's saying that, and we'll be with him doing the same. However you get the opposite from newer users who might be saying "He's not that bad!" or "You don't have proof!" or something like that. And it WILL come from newer users. All we have in this thread is Ian calling him out with no substance to back it up at the moment, and while I trust him, anyone new to the site won't have reason, and the focal point of their attention will bee on this singled out user. If it doesn't result in a trade it could still result in a friendship, and whatever might have happened because he was ignored is more likely because more people have been brought to attention.

In any case, yes, this IS human psychology and this is an example of how weird and backwards the world can be in the face of obvious traps, it's the reason why scams work so well in the real world already and you can't discount human interaction as a basis that everyone will collectively believe because we're all part of a community. It would have been better to ignore him, keep an eye out and bring him out to Enigmatic_T or one of the other forum moderators, but now all we can do just keep a tighter eye out.
QC: I'll offer an explanation then. Now, in the real world, people are naturally suspicious of others. Given that we're all long term members, we're suspicious of anyone newer than us, or of lower rank, and it's been proven plenty already through the advent of requirements of reputation to enter contests or trade. So, say in the real world, you have some young upstart offering to sell drugs to others in high school his age. Everyone is already going to be "Psh, right." Well, then we have one fine, outstanding member that everyone respects. Ian, for example. He's out, calling "We've caught the seller, he's the one with the weed!" Well, reputation now. You didn't get rid of him, you pointed him out. People know he really has it now.

Now, how does this transfer into here online? The alternative version is the same as one man calling another horrid and kicking his name in the dirt in the open. People will react the opposite, sympathetic. Most of us older users who know and respect Ian are going to know why he's saying that, and we'll be with him doing the same. However you get the opposite from newer users who might be saying "He's not that bad!" or "You don't have proof!" or something like that. And it WILL come from newer users. All we have in this thread is Ian calling him out with no substance to back it up at the moment, and while I trust him, anyone new to the site won't have reason, and the focal point of their attention will bee on this singled out user. If it doesn't result in a trade it could still result in a friendship, and whatever might have happened because he was ignored is more likely because more people have been brought to attention.

In any case, yes, this IS human psychology and this is an example of how weird and backwards the world can be in the face of obvious traps, it's the reason why scams work so well in the real world already and you can't discount human interaction as a basis that everyone will collectively believe because we're all part of a community. It would have been better to ignore him, keep an eye out and bring him out to Enigmatic_T or one of the other forum moderators, but now all we can do just keep a tighter eye out.
I understand what you mean about new members coming to someones aid without knowing the background history of what has happened. However, there are people to back up his accusations here. I believe that people should be warned, and i would always call out someone who has scammed others, they deserve to be named and shamed. I know the guy gets away with it from what we can see, but if we forget about the scammer, he won't disappear.

The biggest problem is that the scammer cannot be contained. Although Wpegg has his trading site, which could possibly help our cause. It's just that nobody is bothered to use it.
gameon: I understand what you mean about new members coming to someones aid without knowing the background history of what has happened. However, there are people to back up his accusations here. I believe that people should be warned, and i would always call out someone who has scammed others, they deserve to be named and shamed. I know the guy gets away with it from what we can see, but if we forget about the scammer, he won't disappear.

The biggest problem is that the scammer cannot be contained. Although Wpegg has his trading site, which could possibly help our cause. It's just that nobody is bothered to use it.
We can back it up, but we can only back up for the scammers we know about and contend that scamming has happened in the past. If the accounts keep changing it's just another difficulty we have. Aside from that, I'm not sure if you've noticed, we've only shamed one of them, this one you're pointing out was having fun and laughing at us in the Ninja thread. We don't have to forget about the scammer, we need to bring him to someone that can get rid of him, and we can do that without making him one of the people everyone is excited about.

We do have Wpegg's site, but nobody uses it because nobody knows it exists on the new users side, and I wasn't aware it was up and running (Even then, I wouldn't remember what the website is), so that's the reason on new users.
QC: We don't have to forget about the scammer, we need to bring him to someone that can get rid of him, and we can do that without making him one of the people everyone is excited about.

We do have Wpegg's site, but nobody uses it because nobody knows it exists on the new users side, and I wasn't aware it was up and running (Even then, I wouldn't remember what the website is), so that's the reason on new users.
Unfortunately, GOG don't have the ability to get rid of the guy. He just creates a new account each time.

Wpeggs site is here:
http://williampegg.net/

He needs people to help test the site in order to improve it.
QC: We don't have to forget about the scammer, we need to bring him to someone that can get rid of him, and we can do that without making him one of the people everyone is excited about.

gameon: Unfortunately, GOG don't have the ability to get rid of the guy. He just creates a new account each time.

Wpeggs site is here:
http://williampegg.net/

He needs people to help test the site in order to improve it.
You and I are going to test it right now then. I've got a couple keys I won in a contest that I'll try out.
QC: You and I are going to test it right now then. I've got a couple keys I won in a contest that I'll try out.
I don't have any spare keys to put through, and i'm not too sure how it all works. It's best to ask Wpegg the ins and outs of it.
QC: You and I are going to test it right now then. I've got a couple keys I won in a contest that I'll try out.
gameon: I don't have any spare keys to put through, and i'm not too sure how it all works. It's best to ask Wpegg the ins and outs of it.
I'll give you a key to use then if you promise not to redeem it. I still need it for a serious trade.
Post edited January 10, 2013 by QC