It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Torchlight FREE for the next 48 hours, 500+ Games 50% off until July 5, Daily Deals up to 85% off!

The sun is shining, the weather is sweet, let's begin GOG's amazing humongous [url=http://gog.com/NoDRMSummer]2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale. Most of the games in our DRM-free catalog (that's 500+ titles!) are available half-price until July the 5th. You can also expect special Daily Deals, allowing you to grab bundles of games (or in some cases individual titles) up to 85% off! To add a cherry on top that huge, delicious summer gaming cake, for the next 48 hours we're giving away Torchlight, a fantastic hack-and-slash action-RPG, absolutely free to all GOG.com users! We have a lot of exciting deals in store for you, so remember to check our site frequently.

Normally, this paragraph would serve to further encourage you to go crazy with our extravagant and exciting offers. We'll get to that. But there's something important we'd like to address first. At GOG.com. we talk a lot about the importance of giving gamers the ability to play their games where they want, whenever they want, and how they want. Gamers should be able to play their games on any device they own in any location, no matter the Internet quality. There is only one way to ensure that: No DRM.

In the last few months, there has been a lot of outcry from gamers over DRM and how it is changing our favorite form of entertainment. If it keeps growing, it may well take a large part of the fun out of gaming. As anti-DRM crusaders, we're very glad to see that the issue of restrictive digital rights management has become an item of public debate, and we want to make sure that our #NoDRM stance is clear. None of the games in our sale have DRM, and none of our games ever will.

Once again: More than 500 games 50% off until July 5. Daily Deals bringing the discount even up to 85%. Torchlight distributed as a free gift to all GOG.com users until Thursday, June 20, at 12:59PM GMT. We'll throw exciting offers at you daily, so consider following us on [url=https://twitter.com/GOGcom]Twitter[/url], , and [url=http://j.mp/followGOGonYT]YouTube just to make sure you're not missing out. That's it! The 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale is now on. Have fun and remember to support the #NoDRM movement on GOG.com and elsewhere!
GOG.com: At GOG.com. we talk a lot about the importance of giving gamers the ability to play their games where they want, whenever they want, and how they want. Gamers should be able to play their games on any device they own in any location, no matter the Internet quality. There is only one way to ensure that: No DRM.

In the last few months, there has been a lot of outcry from gamers over DRM and how it is changing our favorite form of entertainment. If it keeps growing, it may well take a large part of the fun out of gaming.
Before going off to create a wishlist and peruse the store, I wanted to say thanks for stating GOG's opinion and showing that you can be respectful of the customer whilst staying in business. DRM that restricts or prevents enjoyment of a game has no place in the industry and anyone championing it should be told that clearly. The forms of DRM being implemented just now for a new generation are an abomination which need to be challenged regardless of what systems we play on. It's very existence and development is an affront and threat to all gamers and those that may not be directly effected need stand with those that are. Greatness awaits those that like GOG, make their opinion heard.
Hmm. Even though most of the games in my wishlist got discounted, it is still kind of... not discounted enough for me. Perhaps I really don't want to buy any games right now. Or maybe I should just wait for any surprises in this summer sale.
GOG.com: The 2013 #NoDRM Summer Sale is now on. Have fun and remember to support the #NoDRM movement on GOG.com and elsewhere!
Oh, don´t worry, I will :)

Your fanatically zealous anti-DRM crusader
Awesome sale which I will keep an eye on daily. I need to really not spend much between now and July or the missus will kill me (money very tight this month with new guest bathroom being done), but a must have bargain will likely grab me otherwise I'll grab some in July before the sale ends.
Bloodygoodgames: LOL, I just bought the two Alan Wake's
How did you miss the Humble Bundle, you usually seem to keep track of sales.
GOG.com: At GOG.com. we talk a lot about the importance of giving gamers the ability to play their games where they want, whenever they want, and how they want. Gamers should be able to play their games on any device they own in any location, no matter the Internet quality. There is only one way to ensure that: No DRM.

In the last few months, there has been a lot of outcry from gamers over DRM and how it is changing our favorite form of entertainment. If it keeps growing, it may well take a large part of the fun out of gaming.
Jxrdan: Before going off to create a wishlist and peruse the store, I wanted to say thanks for stating GOG's opinion and showing that you can be respectful of the customer whilst staying in business. DRM that restricts or prevents enjoyment of a game has no place in the industry and anyone championing it should be told that clearly. The forms of DRM being implemented just now for a new generation are an abomination which need to be challenged regardless of what systems we play on. It's very existence and development is an affront and threat to all gamers and those that may not be directly effected need stand with those that are. Greatness awaits those that like GOG, make their opinion heard.
LOL, that's exactly my opinion.

I no longer buy ANY game that has DRM as I'm through supporting it. If that means all my game purchases are on GOG and places like Indie Game Stand, so be it. With 115 games in backlog, it's not like I'm hurting much :)

And yes, I don't understand gamers that still buy DRM-loaded games. They're shooting themselves in the foot by supporting the companies that sell them. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Bloodygoodgames: And yes, I don't understand gamers that still buy DRM-loaded games. They're shooting themselves in the foot by supporting the companies that sell them. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
Unfortunately there are certain games, quite good ones which will never be drm free :/
You know you have too many games when you actually don't really want ANY other games, despite the fact that GOG's catalogue is awesome... :(

Yeah, that's my case: only SS2 might interest me and still I'm not sure to buy it. I have so many games to finish first...
KOC: Can't decide if I should wait and see if System Shock 2 gets any cheaper, or just buy it for $5 :)
Only happen if they manage to get it into a daily (bundle or not) ;)
Bloodygoodgames: LOL, I just bought the two Alan Wake's
Pheace: How did you miss the Humble Bundle, you usually seem to keep track of sales.
I don't buy on Humble any more. They've gone the way of selling a lot of Steam-only games plus I had soooooo many problems downloading the last batch of games I bought from them I avoid them like the plague :)

Mainly, as well, I own so many games it's hard to keep track of where they all are.

So I'm limiting myself to GOG, Indie Game Stand (love those guys), a couple of other indie bundle places and, of course, the games I own on GamersGate (although I don't buy from them anymore as their DRM-packed installed sucks and they're now selling most of their new games Steam-only :) The rest of the games I buy are on disc from my favorite game store here in Bangkok.
The Nordic Games team wishes you a great summer sale - of course with our catalogue included: http://www.gog.com/catalogue?search=Nordic+Games

Happy GOG.com #noDRM Summer Sale!

Stay tuned!
ThomNG: The Nordic Games team wishes you a great summer sale - of course with our catalogue included: http://www.gog.com/catalogue?search=Nordic+Games

Stay tuned!
Thank you, and right back at you!
Bloodygoodgames: And yes, I don't understand gamers that still buy DRM-loaded games. They're shooting themselves in the foot by supporting the companies that sell them. Makes absolutely no sense to me.
nijuu: Unfortunately there are certain games, quite good ones which will never be drm free :/
Oh I doubt that :)

I truly believe GOG is just going to get bigger and bigger and publishers will eventually be desperate to get their older games on here so they can milk even more money out of them.

If I have to wait 5 years for a game, it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
ThomNG: The Nordic Games team wishes you a great summer sale - of course with our catalogue included: http://www.gog.com/catalogue?search=Nordic+Games

Stay tuned!
Really happy to see you guys still supporting GOG and looking forward to even MORE Nordic Games releasing here :) The games you guys make ROCK :)
Post edited June 18, 2013 by Bloodygoodgames
Almost nothing for me to buy since I got all the games I want at launch. Always a sad person at GOG sales.
OK, now I'm gonna pick up Sword of the Stars: The Pit, Zafehouse Diaries (I've missed the last sale), Evil Genius and Defenders Quest.

I am on the edge about the last one though, because I'm wondering if there's any chance it'll get a bigger discount throughout the whole sale.

I'm really fighting, trying to restrain myself from buying it for now, but it's hard.

Honestly, I'd like to cross off my whole wishlist, but it'd cost me far too much money, I can't do that now.