It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WinterSnowfall: Agents watching the GOGBear border have spotted an entry titled: "Sirius"... it appears to be an in-development title (or a recently developed title), but online searches are inconclusive. The only Steam title named Sirius appears to be a multiplayer only game from 2015, not exactly a good fit...

If anyone can come up with a theory on what I'm looking at, I'd appreciate it :P.

If it's something news worthy, I'll even ask that person to post their findings here.
There is nothing to prove it, but I like to think of it as the code name for the GOG version of Returnal. Just these days an entry was found on Steamdb with the codename Oregon, which seems to refer precisely to Returnal. But again, other than this vague clue there is nothing to prove it.
Alexim: I like to think of it as the code name for the GOG version of Returnal.
Interesting... GOG has been known to use "code names" before for certain releases. I also uncovered an entry titled "Alibaba" some time ago, which is equally puzzling. I guess some mysteries are never meant to be solved... if any GOGBear asks, at least :P.
Alexim: There is nothing to prove it, but I like to think of it as the code name for the GOG version of Returnal. Just these days an entry was found on Steamdb with the codename Oregon, which seems to refer precisely to Returnal. But again, other than this vague clue there is nothing to prove it.
That'd be an exciting release just for the fact that Sony would be back. I don't see GOG prioritizing a release of Returnal over Days Gone or God of War, but perhaps a devs' willingness to port to Galaxy plays a role too.

Back in Feb SCPM found "a GOG user 'Quantic_Dream' with 3 games in their account and created November 2021 - possibly a developer account working on bringing us Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls and Detroit: Become Human?"

Could all be pipe dreams, we'll see.
WinterSnowfall: Agents watching the GOGBear border have spotted an entry titled: "Sirius"... it appears to be an in-development title (or a recently developed title), but online searches are inconclusive. The only Steam title named Sirius appears to be a multiplayer only game from 2015, not exactly a good fit...

If anyone can come up with a theory on what I'm looking at, I'd appreciate it :P.
Freelancer is set in the Sirius sector.

https://www.mobygames.com/game/freelancer/descriptions

This would also fit the recent announcement of GOG signing a new supplier of games.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/cd_projekt_strategy_and_development_of_the_company_financial_results_suggestions_by_armchair_ceos/post540
jkiiskinen: Freelancer is set in the Sirius sector.
That is some wild speculation... I can only hope turns out to be true :P. Yet somehow I doubt it...

But if it does turn out to be true, I owe you any (one) GOG game that you want :P.

If it's something news worthy, I'll even ask that person to post their findings here.
Sirius is also a planet in the Serious Sam games. https : // serioussam.fandom.com/wiki/Sirius We had Serious Sam 2 and 3 forums pop up for a few hours a few months ago before disappearing, maybe this is them showing up finally. although obviously those aren't in-dev, and "Sirius" may be too obvious if they'd really want to hide the game.

Of course, Freelancer would be much, much nicer, although Serious Sam 2 and 3 are what I want to buy here.
Post edited May 29, 2022 by tfishell
Now to get everyone off the hype train, regarding Sirius, thanks to some "investigative journalism" done by SCPM :), it looks like it's an Unreal Engine 4 title.

Freelancer is pretty much off the table... so are any of the Sony titles I believe. Time will tell what it turns out to be - that is if it's not simply an older, now unused entry, or maybe a test game (GOGland has plenty of those as well, but their labeling is usually more to the point).
It looks like GOG has gone and done a massive overhaul of their game tags two days ago (this Friday). I registered updates on almost half their catalog... this may have been a manual corrective effort maybe (just now committed to the production database), or more likely they found a more reliable game tag source.

I'll update my exports (links shared above soon) to reflect the new values.
Post edited June 05, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
Bit of a long shot but "Sirius" could have been the internal codename for Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood all along.

Would correlate with Sirius being the main and brightest star of and which the Canis Major ("Greater Dog") constellation is named after ("Canis Majoris" or "Hundsstern" in German). Also checks out with the data-mined Unreal Engine 4 information.
Post edited June 11, 2022 by Swedrami
Swedrami: Bit of a long shot but "Sirius" could have been the internal codename for Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood all along.
It still could be a number of things, however I'll be keeping an eye on it to see if there's any activity going on even now, after "Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood" has been released. If it suddenly goes silent, you're probably right. But there are indications suggesting it's some sort of actively developed indie title (not yet released).
Post edited June 11, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall:
Something weird.

According to gogdb (https://www.gogdb.org/product/1261094933#builds), the latest Police Stories windows galaxy build is ver. 1.3.2, yet the airtable (and the API) has it as 1.2.0.

Perhaps they added 1.3.2 to galaxy and installers, then reverted galaxy only back to 1.2.0, yet gogdb somehow missed it?

It hardly seems to matter, though, as both versions 1.2.0 and 1.3.2 are highly outdated vis-a-vis steam. The game appears abandoned on GOG.
Post edited June 12, 2022 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: yet the airtable (and the API) has it as 1.2.0.
Well yes... the Airtable data is scraped from the GOG API directly :).

mrkgnao: Perhaps they added 1.3.2 to galaxy and installers, then reverted galaxy only back to 1.2.0, yet gogdb somehow missed it?
It's more likely the 1.3.2 build was wrongly marked as "private" and is no longer visible to us mere mortals. There could be even more recent private Galaxy builds, who knows.

mrkgnao: It hardly seems to matter, though, as both versions 1.2.0 and 1.3.2 are highly outdated vis-a-vis steam. The game appears abandoned on GOG.
Some games get updated very, very slowly still. A recent case was TRI: Of Friendship and Madness, which just got its offline installers updated a few weeks ago after an age and a half of a newer Galaxy build being available. Better late than never, I guess..
Swedrami: Bit of a long shot but "Sirius" could have been the internal codename for Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood all along.
One week later and there's still activity on "Sirius", so the mystery is not yet solved :P.
deleted
Post edited June 18, 2022 by DD & Ji Ji
WinterSnowfall: One week later and there's still activity on "Sirius", so the mystery is not yet solved :P.
Sounds serious...