It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: You might want to remove Trine Enchanted Edition, as long as the galaxy edition is 2.12, since there is a 2.11-to-2.12 patch available offline (has been there for years).
Thank you for letting me know, mrkgnao. Will do so on the next update.
mrkgnao: You might want to remove Trine Enchanted Edition, as long as the galaxy edition is 2.12, since there is a 2.11-to-2.12 patch available offline (has been there for years).
WinterSnowfall: Thank you for letting me know, mrkgnao. Will do so on the next update.
See also here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/nongalaxy_gog_is_now_officially_outdated/post13
and here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/nongalaxy_gog_is_now_officially_outdated/post14
For my own sake, making a note to add temporary exceptions for:

Project Zomboid
Caribbean!
Planetbase (this one I actually own, and it apparently has a patch to fix the version discrepancies).
For further improvement here some manual findings from me:

1325444998 | Never Give Up | Offline (Mac): 1.2 | Galaxy: 1.5
1325444998 | Never Give Up | Offline (Windows): 1.2 | Galaxy: 1.4
1207659753 | VVVVVV | Offline (Windows): N/A | Galaxy: 2.2

Tried some time ago to contact support concerning some of these findings which eventually fixed the issues by updated offline installers but took a couple of weeks.

Unless GOG is fixing that by automation processes this might be a way to go in order to reduce the amount of findings (at least for games that are offline-outdated since several years, just for the beginning)
ditorius: For further improvement here some manual findings from me
Unless these discrepancies are fairly recent, they should have been detected by my scripts. Thanks for letting me know - I'll have a look over the data collected for those IDs in particular and see how they are processed.

Edit:
ditorius: 1325444998 | Never Give Up | Offline (Mac): 1.2 | Galaxy: 1.5
My current snapshot shows 1.2 in Galaxy for both OSes, so it will probably be picked up on my next update.

ditorius: 1207659753 | VVVVVV | Offline (Windows): N/A | Galaxy: 2.2
This is rich. Null version on the offline installer... *sigh*. I'll see if I can add this as a (valid) detection without causing 999 other false positives.

Btw, have to ask - I noticed the offline installer was last updated 4 years ago. Are you absolutely sure there is an actual version difference between what Galaxy has and the offline package? I don't own the game (or use Galaxy) so I have no way of checking.
Post edited March 31, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
ditorius: For further improvement here some manual findings from me
WinterSnowfall: Unless these discrepancies are fairly recent, they should have been detected by my scripts. Thanks for letting me know - I'll have a look over the data collected for those IDs in particular and see how they are processed.

Edit:
WinterSnowfall: My current snapshot shows 1.2 in Galaxy for both OSes, so it will probably be picked up on my next update.

WinterSnowfall: This is rich. Null version on the offline installer... *sigh*. I'll see if I can add this as a (valid) detection without causing 999 other false positives.

Btw, have to ask - I noticed the offline installer was last updated 4 years ago. Are you absolutely sure there is an actual version difference between what Galaxy has and the offline package?
Don't get into the rabbit hole of installers with no version. There are many of them. MaGog used to check them by date (for games I owned) and the vast majority tended to be ok, so she ignored any game that had a missing version which I didn't own. There's really no way of knowing short of installing the game.
mrkgnao: Don't get into the rabbit hole of installers with no version. There are many of them. MaGog used to check them by date (for games I owned) and the vast majority tended to be ok, so she ignored any game that had a missing version which I didn't own. There's really no way of knowing short of installing the game.
Fair enough, thanks. I would have probably reached the same conclusion on a closer inspection of the database. If I remember correctly, I *was* filtering them for a reason in the first place. GOG general relativity strikes again - it mostly works, except around singularities :).
Conducted some further investigations and are quite puzzled now...
The discovered discrepancies resulted by the information from GOG DB claiming there was an update on 2019-08-26 for both platforms, but indeed Galaxy itself seems to know nothing about these updates (https://content-system.gog.com/products/1325444998/os/windows/builds?generation=2). Nevertheless the build ids are valid, so I'm not sure about these anymore. Maybe there was some rollback action or something alike, that's the only thing making any sense to me.

WinterSnowfall: This is rich. Null version on the offline installer... *sigh*. I'll see if I can add this as a (valid) detection without causing 999 other false positives.

Btw, have to ask - I noticed the offline installer was last updated 4 years ago. Are you absolutely sure there is an actual version difference between what Galaxy has and the offline package? I don't own the game (or use Galaxy) so I have no way of checking.
Grabbed the offline setup and made a byte-wise comparison against the Galaxy files. Although there was an update no game files seem to have changed, so the only change might be some modified intern GOG files or something. Only GOGBear can tell why this triggered the version change, maybe because previous Galaxy version was also null versioned only.

Nevertheless, thank you for heading up and besides all your work with the script and the list, of course, do really appreciate! :)
Post edited March 31, 2021 by ditorius
ditorius: indeed Galaxy itself seems to know nothing about these updates (https://content-system.gog.com/products/1325444998/os/windows/builds?generation=2). Nevertheless the build ids are valid, so I'm not sure about these anymore. Maybe there was some rollback action or something alike, that's the only thing making any sense to me
I trust the GOG DB, and it syncs with GOG a lot more often than my scripts do (some short-lived changes might just fly under my radar) - my feeling is that there were public builds with those versions at one point, but they were changed to private soon after being published (so are no longer visible to us, mere mortals).

ditorius: Nevertheless, thank you for heading up and besides all your work with the script and the list, of course, do really appreciate! :)
No worries, I'm a self-appointed GOG detective, so it's my job :P.
Post edited April 01, 2021 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: For my own sake, making a note to add temporary exceptions for:

Project Zomboid
Caribbean!
Planetbase (this one I actually own, and it apparently has a patch to fix the version discrepancies).
Since GOG seems to improve vis-a-vis the galaxy-vs-offline version discrepancy, I thought I'd contribute a bit myself too by checking if there are some more false positives I can identify by installing games and demos I have from their offline installers and looking up their actual versions. So...

You can also remove from the list:
- Blackguards 2, as long as the galaxy version is 2.3.9087, since the offline version is actually version 2.3.9087 (and not 2.3 as stated by GOG)
- Chained Echoes Demo, as long as the galaxy version is 1.0.1f, since the offline version is actually version 1.0.1 (and not 1.0.0 as stated by GOG) --- I'm assuming 1.0.1f and 1.0.1 are probably the same.
Post edited April 10, 2021 by mrkgnao
Thank you for your contribution, mrkgnao, as always :).

mrkgnao: Since GOG seems to improve vis-a-vis the galaxy-vs-offline version discrepancy
I did notice some of the older discrepancies got fixed this week, so yes, there's definitely some progress on this front.
high rated
We've hit all time lows as far as installer discrepancies go (below 60 items!), so that's good news. Guess spring is here and the GOGBears are no longer hibernating :).

You may also notice detection dates are now more fine grained - that is because I've setup my scanning scripts to run daily, in a fully automated fashion. I will still only have time to update the public Airtable list over the weekend, but temporal accuracy of detections will get better at least.

Edit: for the latest links, check out this post.
Post edited February 19, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
Code red: GOG surveillance machine currently down due to hardware failure, waiting to be rebuilt. Most likely I'll have to skip my usual updates this weekend, but it should be back online next week.

GOGBears have been reported to behave even more mischievously than usual, now that nobody is keeping an eye on them. Well, I guess they do behave whenever the GOG DB runs a sync. But then get back to looting and plundering. Munching bits off of images and the like...
high rated
Though I am still waiting for some RAM sticks to arrive, I've managed to temporarily borrow some to get me going again. The discrepancy list has been synced and will be updated as usual going forward. All GOGBears are now expected to behave.
To all wondering if there is a mystery game out there, hidden in the vast ocean of GOG API data - today is your lucky day!

https://gamesdb.gog.com/platforms/gog/external_releases/1449801983

Edit: Attached image of API data. Once on the internet, always on the internet, Mr. GOGBear, you should know that.
Attachments:
Post edited June 21, 2021 by WinterSnowfall