It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
... and here's an example of what you can do with pricing data at your fingertips. The TLDR is that it's a list of titles which are currently on sale, ordered by discount percentage (descending, of course). Mind you I'm only tracking € for my home region.

Be a discount piggy! Oink, oink, oink.
Post edited October 17, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
Oink!
high rated
I know a lot of people are wondering how many games have their offline installers trailing behind the latest Galaxy builds, so I've put up a list from the data I'm collecting.

There are some caveats to it:

- since Galaxy only supports Windows and OS X builds, I can only report on those (no Linux)

- the data is based on what the APIs are reporting with as much filtering as I could possibly bake in to account for an extra space, case differences, extra parentheses etc. Some entries will probably in sync, but since the file version and Galaxy version strings won't match exactly, they will still be on the list

- I only look at base installer versions, which means that even if a game has a patch which might bring the offline installer to the same version as the latest Galaxy build, it will nevertheless still be on this list (e.g. The Witcher 3)

Edit: I've updated the export to include mrkgnao's suggestions and also some additional filtering. There are still some false positives in there, mostly because of mismatches GOG should really correct one day.

Edit 2: I've added a rolling file link which I will be updating roughly every week. Timestamps for new discrepancies and fixed ones have also been added for better tracking/filtering of changes.

Edit 3: Thanks to an inquiry/report from JackknifeJohnson I've fixed the bit that was preventing any Mac discrepancies from behing shown - they are now captured in the CSV.

Edit 4: See this post for the latest updates.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
WinterSnowfall: I know a lot of people are wondering how many games have their offline installers trailing behind the latest Galaxy builds, so I've put up a list from the data I'm collecting.

There are some caveats to it:

- since Galaxy only supports Windows and OS X builds, I can only report on those (no Linux)

- the data is based on what the APIs are reporting with as much filtering as I could possibly bake in to account for an extra space, case differences, extra parentheses etc. Some entries will probably in sync, but since the file version and Galaxy version strings won't match exactly, they will still be on the list

- I only look at base installer versions, which means that even if a game has a patch which might bring the offline installer to the same version as the latest Galaxy build, it will nevertheless still be on this list (e.g. The Witcher 3)
Three things:
1. Great initiative!
2. According to informal replies from GOG, it appears that galaxy versions that differ from the offline versions only by a terminal A ( or (A) or a etc.), are not in fact different. GOG used the letter A to identify these minor galaxy versions because they knew that nobody in the universe uses this letter to identify game versions. You might want to filter these out.
3. This is important enough to warrant its own thread, IMO. Be ready to be attacked, though.
Post edited October 24, 2020 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: 2. According to informal replies from GOG, it appears that galaxy versions that differ from the offline versions only by a terminal A ( or (A) or a etc.), are not in fact different. GOG used the letter A to identify these minor galaxy versions because they knew that nobody in the universe uses this letter to identify game versions. You might want to filter these out.
Thanks for confirming it, I was almost sure this was true. I'll probably add some additional filters/transformations in the future... what's a few more when I'm already using about a dozen. The versioning formats are really all over the place...

mrkgnao: 3. This is important enough to warrant its own thread, IMO. Be ready to be attacked, though.
I think I'll keep it on this thread, where it's all about the surveillance gestalt and churning out data, not debates on what GOG is doing, or not doing, or should be doing. People can draw their own conclusions. That's the beauty of data - it speaks to you :), or at least it should, if you're listening.

In any case, looking at it as a long time GOG user, I have to say it's actually better than I expected. Not that I expected much.
high rated
I'm not sure if this is permanent or a glitch, as it seems a weird move to me, but as of a few days the products API entry for Trickstyle 404s.

It's been removed from sale for a while now, but why would they also remove its API entry now of all times, especially since other no-longer-sold games did not get the same treatment?

Does anyone know if the publishing rights for the game have been transferred recently or anything like that?
Post edited November 14, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
Whatever it is, I just hope that it's in the process of being re-re-released on GOG. Including the soundtrack this time around.
edprdsn: Whatever it is, I just hope that it's in the process of being re-re-released on GOG.
I thought of that as well, but I rarely bank on suspicions... guess it was right on the money this time round.
high rated
I know I've said I won't be regularly posting id lists any more, and I plan to keep it that way, but because I've switched cloud storage regions all of the links I've previously shared are now invalid (or will be invalidated in the near future).

So here are updated id and developer/publisher exports from my database, for anyone who needs them:

Edit: check out this post for the latest links.
Post edited February 19, 2022 by WinterSnowfall
mrkgnao: Be ready to be attacked, though.
... Why!?
I have not been around much, buy why would anyone act out aggressively to people building stuff and sharing the fruits of their labour. Even more so if they provide value to the community.
high rated
mrkgnao: Be ready to be attacked, though.
Gede: ... Why!?
I have not been around much, buy why would anyone act out aggressively to people building stuff and sharing the fruits of their labour. Even more so if they provide value to the community.
Because some people think that the issue has been greatly exaggerated (by me, for example), since only about 1-2% of GOG's games are affected.
high rated
Since I'm a resident time-traveler, I'll just leave these here for future me :) :

https://api.gog.com/products?ids=1100566473

https://api.gog.com/products?ids=1456736201

*cough* draken *cough* sang.
WinterSnowfall: *cough*
But when, senpeye?
And 1456736513 is the expansion?
JackknifeJohnson: But when, senpeye?
And 1456736513 is the expansion?
Well... At this point I may be half-right or all out right. Only time will tell.
JackknifeJohnson: And 1456736513 is the expansion?
I guess you have your answer :). As to when its time will come... only the great GOGBear in the sky knows.