It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WinterSnowfall: And today we see the addition of a new attribute part of the product API json playload, namely "is_installable". Not sure what it does yet, but what I do know is that it broke my scripts, so please bear with us dear caller while we code this new field into our logic...

Edit: From what I'm seeing so far, it's set to true for ids that map to "game" or "dlc" as game_type and false for "pack" ids.
Interesting... I wonder why they would need that..
What about DLC like soundtracks or art books?
adaliabooks: What about DLC like soundtracks or art books?
I see your point... well, seems OSTs are very much installable :).

Here's an example:
https://api.gog.com/products/1076210813?expand=downloads,expanded_dlcs,description,screenshots,videos,related_products,changelog

P.S.: Oh, but it seems at least movies, which are ironically registered as a "game", are not installable.
Post edited September 14, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: I see your point... well, seems OSTs are very much installable :).

Here's an example:
https://api.gog.com/products/1076210813?expand=downloads,expanded_dlcs,description,screenshots,videos,related_products,changelog
Well, that's the only case I could see it being useful for... otherwise it seems redundant and just doing the same thing as the game_type field..
adaliabooks: Well, that's the only case I could see it being useful for...
Give it some time, maybe the GOGBears are still thinking about its usage :).
WinterSnowfall: Galaxy does not use the products API to download installers
it definitely does.
or at least it did last time I checked
given that the two examples you found are the most recent( I think?) released game bundles, it might mean that they have changed the way they handle these game packs.

curios how Galaxy downloads the installer then ...
guess we need to wait until someone who owns these games sniffs things out :)
Just bought the game to investigate this. The ID is correct and I can't open it in Firefox. Galaxy definitely does use the products API and has no other way of knowing what to download, I checked this with mitmproxy. To get access you need to change the user agent in the HTTP header to something the server doesn't recognize. The responsive design mode in Firefox has a convenient option to test this.
Yepoleb: To get access you need to change the user agent in the HTTP header to something the server doesn't recognize. The responsive design mode in Firefox has a convenient option to test this.
Very interesting... do you have any idea what Galaxy is using as a user agent for its connections?

(And to think I was setting my user agent to mimic a regular Firefox config in my scripts in order to avoid fingerprinting...)
Post edited September 14, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
"GOGGalaxyClient/1.2.23.4 (Windows 7 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)IA32)", but anything starting with GOGGalaxyClient works.
Yepoleb: "GOGGalaxyClient/1.2.23.4 (Windows 7 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)IA32)", but anything starting with GOGGalaxyClient works.
Mwhahaha, thanks :P. I feel another full product id range scan coming along.
Have fun and don't forget to share :D
Yepoleb: Have fun and don't forget to share :D
Ehm, Huston we have a problem. Tried the Galaxy user agent you provided as well as some gibberish and still can't see a thing. Was that all you changed when you got to pry though the veil of GOGBear?
Then try authorizing with a token. Maybe that's what did it.
Yepoleb: Then try authorizing with a token. Maybe that's what did it.
Nope, that didn't work either. I've got other stuff I can try as well, at least you pointed me in the right direction, no worries :).
This is what has worked for me reliably so far:

1. Set the user agent to something GOGGalaxyClient
2. Authorize the call using a token
3. Use the fully expanded URL with locale set to en-US:
https://api.gog.com/products/2134842136?expand=downloads,expanded_dlcs,description,screenshots,videos,related_products,changelog&locale=en-US

Once the product has been requested successfully, you can drop the expand query again and it will continue to work. After so many months of dealing with the GOG API, it still surprises me which incredible inconsistencies they manage to introduce. Seriously, WTF?
Post edited September 15, 2017 by Yepoleb
Yepoleb: Seriously, WTF?
Yeah, well... ok, I'll give it another shot next week. Though are you sure I don't need to also throw a pinch of salt over my right shoulder for everything to work? :P