It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WinterSnowfall: Fair enough, I won't pry :P, but *what* do you need, exactly?

I'm not storing stuff in CSV files any longer, but have everything nicely updated and packed in an SQLite database file. I can export all the data from it to a CSV file though, if you wish, or I can send you the DB file if you're comfortable with SQL.
I do work at MobyGames. I'm basically looking for the file info so I can pull stuff like descriptions, screenshot links, and header / cover image artwork so I can post it there.

I don't need anything that's very up to date, I mostly do this for older games that have been around for years. All I need is the game ID and its name, so I can just pick a game and get the data. :)

I'm too dumb to understand sqlite and all that so a CSV that can be opened in LibreOffice should be fine, if it's not too much trouble! Thank you. :)
Post edited June 15, 2017 by Foxhack
Foxhack: I don't need anything that's very up to date, I mostly do this for older games that have been around for years. All I need is the game ID and its name, so I can just pick a game and get the data. :)

I'm too dumb to understand sqlite and all that so a CSV that can be opened in LibreOffice should be fine, if it's not too much trouble! Thank you. :)
They do update/remap older entries every now and then as well, so I'll use the most recent data I have anyways ;). It will literally take half a minute to create a CSV with the data you need, so no worries, it's no trouble at all. Just be aware that the output CSV will contain an awful lot of unused and test entries in between the useful game entries. You'll get a chat message soon ;).
Post edited June 16, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
I've recently upgraded my python3 dev environment from 3.5.3.0 to 3.6.1.0, and I have to say that, with no changes whatsoever to my codebase, everything feels *measurably* speedier. I'd put it somewhere between 5% and 10%, which is not bad at all.

There have been a lot of low-level optimizations chipped in part of python 3.6 it seems, especially on the async i/o libs, and they're really worth the upgrade to be honest. And I know what you're thinking "well, I'm not really using async i/o that much" - perhaps you're not, but probably a lot of the other libs you are using will do async i/o at some point, so you're in for a treat.

Python devs take heed!
No no, ALL developers take heed! No need for the Microsoft Windows only eeeh what was it called now? That language which installs 100 versions of itself on your Windows computer. Was it MSVB? EDIT: Nope, it was MSVC... I am not a programmer.
Post edited June 20, 2017 by Themken
Themken: Was it MSVB? EDIT: Nope, it was MSVC... I am not a programmer.
Yeah, I thought that's what you meant :). Visual Basic hasn't been around that much any more since Windows 98/ME.

Visual C++ redistributables are a necessary evil for most games. Python needs extra libraries too sometimes!
Post edited June 21, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
Given the fact that I'm currently helping out muntdefems by tracking changes to titles which are not tracked by MaGog since it entered legacy mode, I've started working on extending the database-level capability I have at my disposal for tracking individual installer changes - something I've been meaning to do for a while now.

I've noticed a while ago that product APIs also give out a full list of downloadables for a game (so I'm already collecting the data I need), with a version and size information included for main installers - by getting this data into a neatly parsable format and comparing it with changelog information and content delivery (builds) data, I'll be able to get much closer to a MaGog-like level of tracking and readily say when a product's offline installers are updated.

Site changes on the game pages will still be invisible to me since I'm avoiding the use of any http/javascript parsing and strictly focusing on the APIs when I'm given the choice to do so.
high rated
Well, it's done and it seems to be working as expected... the only surprise I had is that the downloads section of the products API also includes info regarding the Linux installers (wohooo!). Turns out only the content-system APIs know nothing of Linux yet.

Now I'll have to check my system against what MaGog is reporting to see how accurate it is. Fingers crossed.
high rated
Now that I'm tracking offline installer changes as well... I sort of wish I wasn't :|.

Today I've noticed several updates on some titles to only the last part of the installer files/volumes, for example, the en1installer2 file for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition Deluxe, The increased in size from 1325400064 to 1330642944.

Initially I thought it may have been a bug and downloaded the installer to confirm it, but the update did indeed happen, the difference in size is real.

Of course, we'll probably never know why only this last installer volume got updated.

I've noticed similar changes for Saints Row IV: Game of the Century Edition and de Blob 2, possibly others as well.

What can I say, dear GOG? Your skill in chaos magic has increased!

Edit: Turns out that for Oblivion at least, it was a case of updating the installer to include Chinese.
Post edited July 06, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
Since the older *.csv files I've linked are no longer working (gee thanks Dropbox), I've decided to export new ones for whomever is interested to browse through my mass surveil... cough, cough, I mean, collected data.

***NOTE: These versions are no longer available. Please check out later posts to find updated download links.***

I've created 3 versions:
- full - has everything in it, including the full response json payloads - not for the fainthearted:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpeqhpqy7zsh86q/gog_products_full_20170728.csv?dl=1
- lite - includes id, title, game_type, description and changelog for all entries:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/daqjyfncaaj78in/gog_products_lite_20170728.csv?dl=1
- ultra lite - includes just the id, title and game_type for all entries:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/47quf2zsf33fmxf/gog_products_ultra_lite_20170728.csv?dl=1

If anybody needs ultra-fresh exports at any point, I do take requests, so just drop a comment here and I'll take care of it.
Post edited September 30, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
Massive updates today on all the ids, adding the following 2 fields in the "images" section of the API returns:

"menuNotificationAv":
"//images-1.gog.com/0ee7426dcc9c0be3ab629f72e7f8cda0c46b876ca9ebfb931e3d5356b4ce28be_menu_notification_av.png" ,
"menuNotificationAv2":
"//images-3.gog.com/0ee7426dcc9c0be3ab629f72e7f8cda0c46b876ca9ebfb931e3d5356b4ce28be_menu_notification_av2.png ",

Is this a sign that a long-awaited notification option is being rolled out?
Post edited August 01, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Massive updates today on all the ids, adding the following 2 fields in the "images" section of the API returns:

"menuNotificationAv":
"//images-1.gog.com/0ee7426dcc9c0be3ab629f72e7f8cda0c46b876ca9ebfb931e3d5356b4ce28be_menu_notification_av.png" ,
"menuNotificationAv2":
"//images-3.gog.com/0ee7426dcc9c0be3ab629f72e7f8cda0c46b876ca9ebfb931e3d5356b4ce28be_menu_notification_av2.png ",

Is this a sign that a long-awaited notification option is being rolled out?
Interesting, and with pictures of the actual games too..
Strangely enough there are some bundled games that are not exposed at all via the products API, for example:
https://api.gog.com/products?ids=2134842136

This should show an entry for Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory, since it's already been released part of the "Sudden Strike 3" bundle containing both Sudden Strike 3: Arms to Victory and Sudden Strike: The Last Stand, but for some reason it's not.

I also found a similarly not exposed/hidden entry for The Humans III: Evolution—Lost in Time..., and I'm sure there are plenty more similar entries there in the GOG catalog.

Needless to say this makes tracking bundled game content almost impossible, since only the bundle will be visible via the APIs.
This seems really strange to me, because there must be a way to get the data or Galaxy wouldn't be able to download these games. Are you sure they're the right IDs?
Yepoleb: This seems really strange to me, because there must be a way to get the data or Galaxy wouldn't be able to download these games. Are you sure they're the right IDs?
Yes, I'm sure the above id is for Sudden Strike 3: Arms for Victory and I'm sure about the rest as well. Galaxy does not use the products API to download installers as far as I'm aware and trust me when I say it has a way of knowing what to download even in this case. Still, the product API gives you the most relevant information about a game entry, so the fact that it doesn't list anything for these games is unfortunate.

Here is the product entry for the pack: https://api.gog.com/products?ids=1875699572

To be honest, I haven't found the id for Sudden Strike: The Last Stand yet, but I'll keep looking. My bet is that it's also not listed in the products API.
Post edited September 12, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
And today we see the addition of a new attribute part of the product API json playload, namely "is_installable". Not sure what it does yet, but what I do know is that it broke my scripts, so please bear with us dear caller while we code this new field into our logic...

Edit: From what I'm seeing so far, it's set to true for ids that map to "game" or "dlc" as game_type and false for "pack" ids.
Post edited September 14, 2017 by WinterSnowfall