It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

xyem: __END__

Hesusio: So, are you going to draw this thing or what?
xyem: Indeed, but getting banned from GOG hampered that somewhat.
Wait... What?!

Why the fuck would anyone ban you of all people?
xyem: __END__

Indeed, but getting banned from GOG hampered that somewhat.
Hesusio: Wait... What?!

It wasn't GOG that banned me, I think it was their Content Distribution Network.

I was running a script that fetches all the download links and file names for my games, which was just under 3,000 HTTP requests. There was nothing in robots.txt to slow down my "crawler" so it got to Lucius and stopped. Could browse to the front page, but anything else was "403 Forbidden" which is the "Our site is overwhelmed by its popularity" page.
Hesusio: Why the fuck would anyone ban you of all people?
Recursive script to parse the gameshelf, cdn didn't like the hammering it took, automatic IP ban.

Edit: ninja'd by the cat...
Post edited February 27, 2013 by JMich
Hesusio: Wait... What?!

xyem: It wasn't GOG that banned me, I think it was their Content Distribution Network.

I was running a script that fetches all the download links and file names for my games, which was just under 3,000 HTTP requests. There was nothing in robots.txt to slow down my "crawler" so it got to Lucius and stopped. Could browse to the front page, but anything else was "403 Forbidden" which is the "Our site is overwhelmed by its popularity" page.
Gotta love the irony there. The guy who's probably single-handedly responsible for half of GOG's profits almost accidentally DDoS'd (as I understand it, which is most likely wrong) the site. That's got to be one of the funniest things I've read all day.
While I hate to double-post, is there any chance that you'll be drawing these any time soon?
Hesusio: While I hate to double-post, is there any chance that you'll be drawing these any time soon?
Will be as soon as I get home..
nmillar: Christopher Lambert!
The benefit of entering every draw has got to be the fact that you are more likely than anyone else to win.. multiple times.

Another winning notch for nmillar!
Congrats nmillar and thanks again xyem.
So did I win?
nmillar: Christopher Lambert!
xyem: The benefit of entering every draw has got to be the fact that you are more likely than anyone else to win.. multiple times.

Another winning notch for nmillar!
Woo! Am I the first person to win twice?