It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

emailed CDPR support 2 times and have not received a reply. What happens is that when I go on this one quest and the game crashes at the same exact time, every time. Right before it does, the characters start speaking over each other. I'm using GOG and then it says "Woah! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" and then it asks me to make an anonymous report (which I did multiple times). I searched online and it's a pretty big problem. I did everything that the websites said, I checked that my Drivers are up to date using GeForce now, and they are. I disabled the overlay for Geforce Now. I did the verify now thing on GOG. Everything except uninstalling, because I'm scared that since GOG is extremely glitchy and "fails to sync" that I would lose my progress.

Can anyone help? Has anyone encountered this issue?

Here are the specs to my computer:

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300-

Intel 9th Gen i7 9750H

GTX 1660 TI - driver version: 460.79

500 GB NVME SSD

16 GB ddr4 Ram
Attachments:
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
If it happens at the same time every time, it's most likely a hardware/software interaction error. Might be anything, really. For the software part, it needs a patch to fix this specific error. That's what the report is for, so they can look at it from your perspective and tweak it.

If it was just the game as is, then this would be a game breaking bug and likely completely widespread and fixed ASAP.
Titanium: If it happens at the same time every time, it's most likely a hardware/software interaction error. Might be anything, really. For the software part, it needs a patch to fix this specific error. That's what the report is for, so they can look at it from your perspective and tweak it.

If it was just the game as is, then this would be a game breaking bug and likely completely widespread and fixed ASAP.
when do you think it would be fixed? It's been over a day and I still can't play. What a bummer. I emailed GOG and CDPR and no one communicates with you. The customer service is pretty terrible. When do you think they'll patch it? It's really weird. This game feels like it's in Alpha.
Titanium: If it happens at the same time every time, it's most likely a hardware/software interaction error. Might be anything, really. For the software part, it needs a patch to fix this specific error. That's what the report is for, so they can look at it from your perspective and tweak it.

Oh and thank you so much. At least I know what it is now. I've tried literally everything. Some dude said to start it from the files and it still didn't work. And it's weird because the characters speak over each other and before that, you couldn't hear anyone but V and the NPC
Post edited December 11, 2020 by drothenberg
Sorry to say it might take a while. Really specific crashes might not take priority over other more widespread stuff. Or you might get lucky and it goes with the next update.

Nowadays any big game that comes out is usually hammered for the first week(s), blood spattering, developers crying, keboards overheating, the works. The last big game I was brave enough to venture into day one was Skyrim, and it was... interesting. Now I wait for a good month at least for my sanity's sake.
Titanium: Sorry to say it might take a while. Really specific crashes might not take priority over other more widespread stuff. Or you might get lucky and it goes with the next update.

Nowadays any big game that comes out is usually hammered for the first week(s), blood spattering, developers crying, keboards overheating, the works. The last big game I was brave enough to venture into day one was Skyrim, and it was... interesting. Now I wait for a good month at least for my sanity's sake.
Wow, what a bummer lol. So it could take a few months? I'm not too familiar with RPGs as I'm a pretty casual gamer who mainly just plays Elite Dangerous. I didn't really see too many bugs until that, and then it's game breaking. Oh well. Guess I'm going back to E:D :)
drothenberg: So it could take a few months?
That would be a bit extreme. It's probably nothing more than a bit of code that talks dirty to your PC. They usually fix those rather quick, depending on their update frequency.

And be on the lookout for new graphic drivers, game specific updates are nothing new and also likely a reason for the crashes.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Titanium
drothenberg: So it could take a few months?
Titanium: That would be a bit extreme. It's probably nothing more than a bit of code that talks dirty to your PC. They usually fix those rather quick, depending on their update frequency.

And be on the lookout for new graphic drivers, game specific updates are nothing new and also likely a reason for the crashes.
ok, yeah I have Nvidia GeForce now that I check at least every day for the newest drivers. How often do you think I should check cyberpunk to find out if it's fixed or would there be patch notes on GOG? I've never used GOG before.
drothenberg: ok, yeah I have Nvidia GeForce now that I check at least every day for the newest drivers. How often do you think I should check cyberpunk to find out if it's fixed or would there be patch notes on GOG? I've never used GOG before.
I think an update just went live an hour ago, and it's probably going to be a daily event for a while.

I wouldn't bother with the patch notes. Try the game after an uprade and pray to the slavic gods.
drothenberg: ok, yeah I have Nvidia GeForce now that I check at least every day for the newest drivers. How often do you think I should check cyberpunk to find out if it's fixed or would there be patch notes on GOG? I've never used GOG before.
Titanium: I think an update just went live an hour ago, and it's probably going to be a daily event for a while.

I wouldn't bother with the patch notes. Try the game after an uprade and pray to the slavic gods.
Yeah I just tried it. Was so excited! It didn't patch my problem. But I have hope now, and at least I have an idea of how things are working! Thank you so much for your help! And also, if it weren't for the game-breaking bugs, I'd give Cyberpunk 2077 a 10/10, it's just the best game!
Titanium: I think an update just went live an hour ago, and it's probably going to be a daily event for a while.

Yeah it didn't patch the bug i'm dealing with because I just checked. But thank you so much for your help because now I know how this stuff works and what's going on.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by drothenberg
drothenberg: emailed CDPR support 2 times and have not received a reply. What happens is that when I go on this one quest and the game crashes at the same exact time, every time. Right before it does, the characters start speaking over each other. I'm using GOG and then it says "Woah! Cyberpunk 2077 has flatlined" and then it asks me to make an anonymous report (which I did multiple times). I searched online and it's a pretty big problem. I did everything that the websites said, I checked that my Drivers are up to date using GeForce now, and they are. I disabled the overlay for Geforce Now. I did the verify now thing on GOG. Everything except uninstalling, because I'm scared that since GOG is extremely glitchy and "fails to sync" that I would lose my progress.

Can anyone help? Has anyone encountered this issue?

Here are the specs to my computer:

2019 Acer Predator Helios 300-

Intel 9th Gen i7 9750H

GTX 1660 TI - driver version: 460.79

500 GB NVME SSD

16 GB ddr4 Ram
Are you still getting the error/crash? It happens to me always in a specific moment for all 3 lifepath intros since day 1.
Having the same issue
1g sdd 250g ssd
intel 9th gen i7 97--
Nvidia Geforce 1060ti
16 Gb DDR 4 RAM
Windows 10 blah blah blah
nice game release wish it was playable. All hype no skills i guess in developement. Too much funding in advertising.