It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SLP2000: I was PMed by kodeen that some of GOG games my GOGMix contains are now listed as Windows 7 compatible.
Cavalary: *looks* Now that's one long list...
But since I saw Arx Fatalis on it, I wonder what that IS fully compatible with. When I played it (on Vista) a few years ago it just crashed like crazy, think I had days with some 10 crashes (was checking the system stability rating and it ended up around 1 because of it). Still could be finished, as the crashes seemed random, not triggered by something specific each time, but was quite annoying.
Just an FYI, Arx Fatalis was patched by its developer in January of 2011 and that patch included a good number of fixes including some stated to be for Win7 stability. So it may be that it runs fine on Win7 now. I'm not sure as I don't own it yet but based on that info I am planning to pick it up and take a chance.

The current version with this patch is now 1.21

Maybe GoG has already incorporated this patch? Although last I knew it was not stated to be Win7 compatible here so maybe not?
dirtyharry50: Arx Fatalis was patched by its developer in January of 2011 and that patch included a good number of fixes including some stated to be for Win7 stability ... The current version with this patch is now 1.21

Maybe GoG has already incorporated this patch? Although last I knew it was not stated to be Win7 compatible here so maybe not?
The GOG version of Arx Fatalis has always worked on Windows 7, and it now includes the 1.21 patch. Some Nvidia users have had performance problems (not specific to the GOG release) but this is reportedly improved by using one of the unofficial patches (Arx Fatalis Fixed or Arx Libertatis).

I wouldn't worry too much about the absence of store page compatibility since almost every GOG release has worked fine on Windows 7 anyway (even before they started this compatibility project). If you're concerned about a particular game you can check its forum or elsewhere in this topic.

GOG's compatibility adventures will be starting all over again with the upcoming Windows 8, but as with Windows 7 I'm expecting that most GOG releases will work just fine with it. :)
hi,just reporting that battle chess works almost flawlessly on my win7,except random crashes once in a while.
Wonder what is GOG's view on Windows 8?
kavazovangel: Wonder what is GOG's view on Windows 8?
Nothing official that I've seen yet. I think they mostly expect things that work on 7 to work on 8, since MS is promising that. Of course, I hope they start testing that at some point soon.
kavazovangel: Wonder what is GOG's view on Windows 8?
HGiles: Nothing official that I've seen yet. I think they mostly expect things that work on 7 to work on 8, since MS is promising that. Of course, I hope they start testing that at some point soon.
I'll test what I can in a few weeks and will report back. Getting compatibility with 7 is old news right now, they should focus entirely on 8.
kavazovangel: I'll test what I can in a few weeks and will report back. Getting compatibility with 7 is old news right now, they should focus entirely on 8.
The Windows 8 Developer Preview is not fully representative of the final features and compatibility; these will be finalised in the public beta, which is expected to be available some time within the next few months. Microsoft continually works to improve compatibility, even after an OS release (in the form of Windows Updates), so things that don't work on the Developer Preview may well work on the beta and/or final version.

GOG didn't announce they were testing Windows 7 until shortly after its release so Windows 8 testing will probably be around the same time. Windows 8 shouldn't hold too many surprises for the GOG team but a new problem this time around will be how to handle ARM systems (which can't run x86 Windows software). GOG releases that run under DOSBox or ScummVM will work fine on ARM once those programs have been updated to be compatible, but that may take some time.
Arkose: GOG didn't announce they were testing Windows 7 until shortly after its release so Windows 8 testing will probably be around the same time.
You mean, 1.5 years after its release. That is not short at all.
kavazovangel: I'll test what I can in a few weeks and will report back. Getting compatibility with 7 is old news right now, they should focus entirely on 8.
8 still has to prove itself. it looks more like a Vista 2.0 from where i'm standing. if a majority of gamers won't bother upgrading, compatibility with W7 remains a priority, especially since W7 compatible games are likely to be W8 compatible as well.
Fred_DM: 8 still has to prove itself. it looks more like a Vista 2.0 from where i'm standing. if a majority of gamers won't bother upgrading, compatibility with W7 remains a priority, especially since W7 compatible games are likely to be W8 compatible as well.
7 is Vista 2.0.
8 is Vista 3.0.
Fred_DM: 8 still has to prove itself. it looks more like a Vista 2.0 from where i'm standing. if a majority of gamers won't bother upgrading, compatibility with W7 remains a priority, especially since W7 compatible games are likely to be W8 compatible as well.
I agree. As of this writing I see no compelling reason to consider "upgrading" to Windows 8 when it ships for a home desktop user, gamer, etc.
dirtyharry50: As of this writing I see no compelling reason to consider "upgrading" to Windows 8 when it ships for a home desktop user, gamer, etc.
Remember that the new interface can be optionally disabled, turning Windows 8 into a faster, better Windows 7. The improvements are maybe not significant enough to justify the upgrade cost for those already using Windows 7 but for those on Vista and especially XP the jump would certainly be noticeable.

Unless there are some major compatibility differences between 7 and 8 (which isn't likely) Windows 8 is set to be the ideal version of Windows, even if you don't like Metro.
I haven't read anything yet to indicate Windows 8 will be particularly faster other than bootup times which I don't care about or that it will be particularly better in enough ways to justify paying for and bothering with an upgrade.

Unless you buy a new PC with it or a tablet, etc. or if for some reason you are still running XP or Vista on a system capable of running Windows 8 when it ships, it seems hard to justify it.

I don't think it is going out very far on a limb to predict that in terms of upgrades of existing systems Windows 8 will do about as well as Windows ME or Vista. There just isn't really that much going for it beyond Metro if your device benefits from it or you skipped Windows 7 for some reason.

People who skipped Windows ME and Vista didn't miss much. I suspect people who skip Windows 8 upgrades won't be missing much either. I'd need to see some pretty sweet features before I'd fork over the money for and spend the time on upgrading. Metro does zero for a desktop PC without a touch screen other than get in the way.

I hadn't read that Metro can be completely disabled so you never see it. That would be a good thing for desktops.
I'm going to personally wait buying any GOG games that aren't officially Windows 7 compatible, even if they 'work' in Win7, just as a way to organize myself, I'll just bookmark them under "Not Yet Win7 Compatible" and wait. There's too much of a temptation to just accumulate games on my hard-drive so I can give myself excuses not to play them yet.
Tirpitz: Because many of You seek this knowledge I hereby bestow this Official Statement upon Thee:

We are still working on ensuring Win7 compatibility. Considering the quantity of games in our catalogue it will require us some time to make sure that this quantity comes with quality. So I do assure You that once GOG.com games are compatible with Windows7 a proper notice will appear on our site. After all that would be something boast, wouldn't it? :)
2012 now,
and still having trouble with PG2, on my win 7 (32 bit) :( Tried everything in the support and related threads but to no avail. Game crashes after completion of the first mission in the 1st campaign (blitzkrieg) ... :( :(