It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you can’t imagine this summer without the thrills only a rush of endorphins can give, check out our Sports Game Collection! It’s a great way to check out classic titles that entertained different sports disciplines fans for decades!

If you prefer grass over sandy beaches, check out classic gems like:

Golazo! Football League (-80%) – a game freshly released on GOG.COM!
Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 (-75%)
MicroProse Soccer (-33%)

If you feel like sweating after a more… savage match, these titles are for you:
Mutant Football League: Dynasty Edition (-60%)
Speedball 2 HD (-66%)

For all the fans of less brutal, yet highly challenging sports, we have a surprise. Three classic golf games are now available on GOG.COM to bring you fun again:

Links: The Challenge of Golf (-33%)
Links 386 Pro (-33%)
Links LS: 1998 Edition (-33%)

Browse through our Sports Game Collection for more fun titles before the Summer Sale on GOG.COM ends on 28th June 2021, at 1 PM UTC.
Ziras.808: Man, my dad passed away in my arms on Friday. I used to play Links when I was a kid with him. This was made specifically for me. Thanks, lads and lasses over at gog!
My condoleances Ziras.808. :'(
Is anybody having problems running Links LS 1998? The game runs under the homemade dx 1-7 wrapper but the game runs in extreme slow motion, frame by frame starting from the intro movie and then the menu freezes, loading the graphics extremely slow and reseting once it is loaded five minutes later. Also it makes the menu unuseable. I am unable to try the courses themselves.

I bave to change the wrapper to ddrawcompat and the game runs fine but the game randomly stops, freezes, having to restart. Things are better with 16 bit color selected, more stable, but I have not tested it further, probably it will freeze randomly, it is just a matter of time. For now it seems to be fine though. I wan to try everypossible ption until a possible refund.

I have tried every option n the wrapper configurator but it is not working for me. Other games using he same tool used to run very well and stable and it fixes the problems in every gog games making use of the wrapper.

Any idea? does it work fine for you?

Greetings
Gudadantza: Is anybody having problems running Links LS 1998? The game runs under the homemade dx 1-7 wrapper but the game runs in extreme slow motion, frame by frame starting from the intro movie and then the menu freezes, loading the graphics extremely slow and reseting once it is loaded five minutes later. Also it makes the menu unuseable. I am unable to try the courses themselves.

I bave to change the wrapper to ddrawcompat and the game runs fine but the game randomly stops, freezes, having to restart. Things are better with 16 bit color selected, more stable, but I have not tested it further, probably it will freeze randomly, it is just a matter of time. For now it seems to be fine though. I wan to try everypossible ption until a possible refund.

I have tried every option n the wrapper configurator but it is not working for me. Other games using he same tool used to run very well and stable and it fixes the problems in every gog games making use of the wrapper.

Greetings
Game runs perfectly on my machine. Videos and gameplay are fluid. My only gripe is that the game has 2 black borders on the side of the screen instead of being entirely fullscreen.
Are you playing on a laptop? From my experience these old Windows games sometimes get messed up when being run on laptops.

EDIT: now I know how to remove the black borders on the screen. It's just a question of changing the resolution on the DX Wrapper settings included with the game.
Post edited June 23, 2021 by karnak1
Gudadantza: Is anybody having problems running Links LS 1998? The game runs under the homemade dx 1-7 wrapper but the game runs in extreme slow motion, frame by frame starting from the intro movie and then the menu freezes, loading the graphics extremely slow and reseting once it is loaded five minutes later. Also it makes the menu unuseable. I am unable to try the courses themselves.

Greetings
karnak1: Game runs perfectly on my machine. Videos and gameplay are fluid. My only gripe is that the game has 2 black borders on the side of the screen instead of being entirely fullscreen.
Are you playing on a laptop? From my experience these old Windows games sometimes get messed up when being run on laptops.

EDIT: now I know how to remove the black borders on the screen. It's just a question of changing the resolution on the DX Wrapper settings included with the game.
The black borders are the right way to preserve the original aspect ratio 4:3 of the game depending the resolution selected, otherwise the graphics would be deformed the horizontally.

This is one of the few GOG games using this wrapper that is giving me problems reaching the unplayable. My guessing is that the new versions of this homemade wrapper is more demanding depending the game for users with shared memory videocards or low resources laptops. I am trying hard testing every option available, using every trick and sorcery that worked for other games of mine. But sadly It is a being very tricky. If tomorrow I am not more lucky I sadly will need to refund a game that is amazing and I like a lot (during the moments it lets me to play) and stay with the 386 DOS version. A fantastic game too.
karnak1: Game runs perfectly on my machine. Videos and gameplay are fluid. My only gripe is that the game has 2 black borders on the side of the screen instead of being entirely fullscreen.

Gudadantza: The black borders are the right way to preserve the original aspect ratio 4:3 of the game depending the resolution selected, otherwise the graphics would be deformed the horizontally.

This is one of the few GOG games using this wrapper that is giving me problems reaching the unplayable. My guessing is that the new versions of this homemade wrapper is more demanding depending the game for users with shared memory videocards or low resources laptops. I am trying hard testing every option available, using every trick and sorcery that worked for other games of mine. But sadly It is a being very tricky. If tomorrow I am not more lucky I sadly will need to refund a game that is amazing and I like a lot (during the moments it lets me to play) and stay with the 386 DOS version. A fantastic game too.
My only advice would be not to refund the game, since sooner or later you'll get a machine able to run the game flawlessly.
@Ziras.808 please accept my condolences. His memory remains alive
**hug**

Gudadantza: The black borders are the right way to preserve the original aspect ratio 4:3 of the game depending the resolution selected, otherwise the graphics would be deformed the horizontally.

I've been playing this game on Qemu or Win95/DOSBox for years now, now I'm playing it on PCem with Win98 installed. Generally such "boxed" solutions where you have these games in their own emulated package is far superior to the tinkered GOG-installations in my opinion. With PCem everything works as it should for me, I can only recommend to learn to use it and you'll have no more trouble with any old games. :)
Post edited June 23, 2021 by Wolfram_von_Thal

Wolfram_von_Thal: I've been playing this game on Qemu or Win95/DOSBox for years now, now I'm playing it on PCem with Win98 installed. Generally such "boxed" solutions where you have these games in their own emulated package is far superior to the tinkered GOG-installations in my opinion. With PCem everything works as it should for me, I can only recommend to learn to use it and you'll have no more trouble with any old games. :)
Yes, I am aware of those solutions. Once you learn how to use them it is very convenient and valid solutions for some games. The ideal is using the specific solution that works better for you in each game.

But they use to be a very demanding emulation soltions and I never achieved true playable states in every selected title I tried.

I always get good results mixing different wrappers depending the game if the gog versions lacks it or does not work fine in my rig. And it use to work for me in the 99,9 per cent of the cases. Between excelent and enough.

Greetings