It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Anchovies are a no good on a pizza because if you so much as put just one on, that's ALL YOU TASTE! :P

Seriously why even bother with the other ingredients at that point?
blakstar: I know they're highly salty, but I've never had that particular problem -- didn't have much of a taste for anchovies when I first had them, but somehow I grew to like them.
No, that's not my point. What I don't like is their domination of a pizza. If I put pepperoni and olives and sausage on a pizza I taste pepperoni, olives, and sausage. If I put one anchovie on there, all you taste is the anchovie. At that point the pepperoni olives and sausage are little more than decoration. :P

On a side note I am totally fascinated by what people around the world put on pizzas. In the States it's really crazy: every state has it's own totally different style.
Post edited January 05, 2017 by tinyE
tinyE: And for some reason I can't add pics anymore.

That sucks.
You're not alone.

They broke the attach buton, so no one can add pics at the moment.
JMich: Get out! Pineapple on pizza can be lovely, as long as you don't go overboard. Which is true for most of the other pizza ingredients as well.
adaliabooks: I just find it makes the pizza very soggy... and the idea of sweet fruit with cheese and tomatoes really doesn't do it for me.
Ham and pineapple as a combo is delicious (throw some egg in there too, mmmm) just not on pizza.
That's why you are suppose to drain the juice properly first so it doesn't make the cheese soggy, it is meant to be fresh and crisp and cooling- mainly goes along with a hotter day/ climate.
blakstar: I know they're highly salty, but I've never had that particular problem -- didn't have much of a taste for anchovies when I first had them, but somehow I grew to like them.
tinyE: No, that's not my point. What I don't like is their domination of a pizza. If I put pepperoni and olives and sausage on a pizza I taste pepperoni, olives, and sausage. If I put one anchovie on there, all you taste is the anchovie. At that point the pepperoni olives and sausage are little more than decoration. :P
Sorry, I made my reply badly... I meant, I never had any trouble tasting the other ingredients, despite the anchovies.

Oh, and for all the types of pizza being discussed, I came across one type that struck me as the worst thing ever... the so-called chocolate pizza.

EDIT: Mind you, since I like quite highly spicy flavours on pizza, it might be the fact that they've also drowning out part of the anchovy flavour! :-)
Post edited January 05, 2017 by blakstar
tinyE: No, that's not my point. What I don't like is their domination of a pizza. If I put pepperoni and olives and sausage on a pizza I taste pepperoni, olives, and sausage. If I put one anchovie on there, all you taste is the anchovie. At that point the pepperoni olives and sausage are little more than decoration. :P
blakstar: Sorry, I made my reply badly... I meant, I never had any trouble tasting the other ingredients, despite the anchovies.

Oh, and for all the types of pizza being discussed, I came across one type that struck me as the worst thing ever... the so-called chocolate pizza.

EDIT: Mind you, since I like quite highly spicy flavours on pizza, it might be the fact that they've also drowning out part of the anchovy flavour! :-)
I read about chocolate pizza. Seems somewhat strange.

I also really like sundried tomatoes and chargrilled vegetables on pizza, with fresh rocket. Although sweetcorn, spinach and smoked cheese used to be my all time favourite when I was younger. Weird.
blakstar: Oh, and for all the types of pizza being discussed, I came across one type that struck me as the worst thing ever... the so-called chocolate pizza.
Dessert pizza can be really nice, I prefer apple and caramel / toffee sauce to chocolate, but it's really nothing unusual (unless you mean on a normal cheese and tomato base, that would be awful)
blakstar: Oh, and for all the types of pizza being discussed, I came across one type that struck me as the worst thing ever... the so-called chocolate pizza.
adaliabooks: Dessert pizza can be really nice, I prefer apple and caramel / toffee sauce to chocolate, but it's really nothing unusual (unless you mean on a normal cheese and tomato base, that would be awful)
It's just that I don't have much of a sweet-tooth at all, so the idea just sounded rather revolting to me -- fortunately no tomato involved, just chocolate and cheese, so I guess it would probably make it more like a cheesecake, really.
blakstar: It's just that I don't have much of a sweet-tooth at all, so the idea just sounded rather revolting to me -- fortunately no tomato involved, just chocolate and cheese, so I guess it would probably make it more like a cheesecake, really.
Yeah, assuming you're using something like mascarpone or ricotta and not mozzarella...
It's not far from putting something like honey or nutella on toast. At the end of the day the base is just bread.
blakstar: It's just that I don't have much of a sweet-tooth at all, so the idea just sounded rather revolting to me -- fortunately no tomato involved, just chocolate and cheese, so I guess it would probably make it more like a cheesecake, really.
adaliabooks: Yeah, assuming you're using something like mascarpone or ricotta and not mozzarella...
It's not far from putting something like honey or nutella on toast. At the end of the day the base is just bread.
How about peanut butter and nutella pizza?
fables22: How about peanut butter and nutella pizza?
Never tried it, but I'm sure it would work :)

Maybe with some toasted peanuts / hazelnuts on top for texture (or a bit of cream cheese, or both)
fables22: Jalapenos, pepperoni, cheese, black olives.
That's how I always make it, if by cheese you mean mozzarella :). And by black olives you mean a ton of black olives.
TASTY!

Someone who no longer uses this forum once gave me shit for this picture being fake, which if course IT ISN'T! :D

And GOG needs to fix the attachment button soon because any day now I'm going below 7 and unable to do links.
Looks like pizza made a lot of people here its bitch...
Give us some old games please~
games for fortune p dog pls