It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

P1na: They're probably mindfull of us secret santas.
moonshineshadow: Why would that be mindfull? I feel the exact opposite, since I can't just go on and buy something from my wishlist and since the sale will end before Christmas I feel like am missing an oppertunity to get myself some good games.
The Secret Santa thing definitely adds a bit of complication to the mix. I'm not even participating, but I'm keeping an eye on it so I don't throw out blindside gifts to the wrong person and potentially screw up someone's gifting efforts.
Dragnerok_X: I'm not sure if this sale could have been planned for a worse time. Between Black Friday and the associated gaming sales that came and went, the recent GOG Fall sale, not to mention Christmas shopping, I have the feeling I'm not the only one with empty pockets.
Err.. yeah, aren't 'Fall' (or 'Autumn' for those of us that can cope with words of more than one syllable) and Winter supposed to be 3 months apart, not 2 week!
Post edited December 04, 2014 by Fever_Discordia
moonshineshadow: Why would that be mindfull? I feel the exact opposite, since I can't just go on and buy something from my wishlist and since the sale will end before Christmas I feel like am missing an oppertunity to get myself some good games.
CarrionCrow: The Secret Santa thing definitely adds a bit of complication to the mix. I'm not even participating, but I'm keeping an eye on it so I don't throw out blindside gifts to the wrong person and potentially screw up someone's gifting efforts.
The thing I am most annoyed about at the moment, it that this bad timing of the sale is spoiling part of my fun for doing secret santa gifting, since I was expecting that the sale would be around the same time as every year, so that I could buy myself some games from the holiday sale after getting a gift. But yeah... I'll just try to stop being annoyed about it and enjoy buying something for my giftee :D
coldalarm: I hope this "New Sale Starting Today!" thing is a joke.

I seriously do.
You're not alone, but recently GOG's not very good at telling jokes, so don't keep your hopes up.
HypersomniacLive: You're not alone, but recently GOG's not very good at telling jokes, so don't keep your hopes up.
As much as I love GOG, they have never been good at telling jokes.

And they always backfire.
HypersomniacLive: You're not alone, but recently GOG's not very good at telling jokes, so don't keep your hopes up.
If by recently, you mean 10 months...
CarrionCrow: The Secret Santa thing definitely adds a bit of complication to the mix. I'm not even participating, but I'm keeping an eye on it so I don't throw out blindside gifts to the wrong person and potentially screw up someone's gifting efforts.
moonshineshadow: The thing I am most annoyed about at the moment, it that this bad timing of the sale is spoiling part of my fun for doing secret santa gifting, since I was expecting that the sale would be around the same time as every year, so that I could buy myself some games from the holiday sale after getting a gift. But yeah... I'll just try to stop being annoyed about it and enjoy buying something for my giftee :D
That's a good way of looking at things. Positive thinking, optimism, bright sides, silver linings and what-not. =)
Lost in Translation perhaps ;)
If it is a joke, no amount of atonement will save them. I can see this blowing up in their faces spectacularly.
XYCat: Why? There was a sale just recently here. And a winter sale that ends before christmas? What the hell gog?
I guess they want to avoid another one of their usual, pretty unconfident "We think people will spend all their money on Steam's Winter Sale and ignore us once it starts, so we put up all future bundles one day before Steam's sale begins"-days. Instead of doing this again, they end their whole sale before Steam's sale begins xP
Grargar: If by recently, you mean 10 months...
More like 2010. They've always had this weird sense of humor. ;)
A big chunk of this speculation/frustration/concern could be so easily be avoided if GOG simply put out a notice saying when a sale is starting, what kind of sale it is and when it will end.

But for some reason they don't. Even email notifications come too late. Its a weird way of doing things and has soured the whole process for me somewhat, particularly when their sales generally go over and over the same ground ad nauseum and drag like a slug's nuts to the bitter end (the last sale being a good example).

I like GOG a lot and in essence I like their sales, they just balls them up with bad organization.
Grargar: If by recently, you mean 10 months...
What else would I mean?
Holy hell still upset about the sale? That's QUITE the front page right there! ;)

*edit Also, poor, poor Dead State
Post edited December 04, 2014 by Ixamyakxim
The catalog count has gone up by 2 but I don't see what's been added yet. Presumably one of them is Dead State.