It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Maxvorstadt: That piece of crap? Nope!
Hm, what would be my favorite?
Well, depends on subgenre. If it`s action RPG, then it`s clearly SACRED.
Leroux: That's kind of funny. XD

After that intro I was expecting some kind of "elitist" answer, rather than just another, possibly even crappier ARPG ... (Disclaimer: I like both, but Divine Divinity a lot more.)

Maxvorstadt: If it`s a more traditional RPG, then it`s TES:OBLIVION.
Leroux: For a "purist", I doubt that Oblivion would be seen as more of a "traditional" RPG than Sacred or Divine Divinity. Thankfully, we aren't purists here, so carry on. ;D
Well, in the 2000s there was no Dungeon Master or Bloodwych or so.
Maxvorstadt: Well, in the 2000s there was no Dungeon Master or Bloodwych or so.
Not quite my first association with "traditional" either, although you do have a point in that those two are quite old and terms like "traditional" are pretty subjective and arbitrary anyway. In the vein of those titles there were games like Wizards & Warriors, Wizardry 8 or Might and Magic 8 though.
Post edited December 04, 2018 by Leroux
Morrowind.
Final Fantasy IX
Another vote for Final Fantasy IX. At least disks 1-3.
Gothic
First that comes to mind? Bloodlines.
Got me hooked, but need to be very loose with the term RPG, since it just has elements? King's Bounty: The Legend.
#1 according to the ratings I gave over the years? KotOR2, despite the ending.

Trying not to actually go through the list, because I'll end up changing my mind and contradicting myself several times and ending up nowhere, so just went with some single-answer options.
Breja: Have you played Driftmoon? I think it's very close to DD in a way.
That's one comparison I didn't think I'd see... Maybe some similarity in the style of humor at times, like Leroux said, but other than that...?
Post edited December 05, 2018 by Cavalary
I've been playing the Trails in the Sky games lately and they are way better than most if not all of the popular RPGs that usually get recommended.
supplementscene: Oblivion and Risen for me. My ex thought all these medieval RPGs were the same game.
My wife referred to Oblivion as "the one where you have fire hands and pick mushrooms."
supplementscene: Oblivion and Risen for me. My ex thought all these medieval RPGs were the same game.
firstpastthepost: My wife referred to Oblivion as "the one where you have fire hands and pick mushrooms."
Isn't that Super Mario Brothers?
firstpastthepost: My wife referred to Oblivion as "the one where you have fire hands and pick mushrooms."
tinyE: Isn't that Super Mario Brothers?
To be fair there are probably at least a dozen games that could be a description for.
Old Firehand, is that you?
Ahh some nice replies here !

Here's mine (from the top of my head)

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines
Divine Divinity
KOTOR 2
Drakensang River of Time
Arcanum (only played it for the 1st time last month though)

And probably more I can't think of right now
Is Monster Hunter considered a RPG?
The Witcher of course :)