It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

According to Chinese astrology, 2020 is the Year of the Rat. What’s even more important, this little creature is also the first among all 12 Zodiac Animals. It means this year can truly be a special one, filled with new beginnings. Let’s make it even more unique with our special gaming horoscope based on your Animal Zodiac sign!

To celebrate the beginning of the Chinese New Year, we're commencing a special Lunar Sale, lasting from the 24th to the 31st of January. During this time you’ll see over 1000 awesome deals featured on our site, along with some fresh game releases. Want to know how to find yourself in this downpour of cool, discounted titles? Check out your gaming horoscope for the year 2020 below. All you have to know is your Animal sign, based on the year you were born, but don’t worry, we’ll help you with that too.

The Rat
(birth years: 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996 or 2008)
This animal in Chinese culture symbolizes intelligence and farsightedness. If you are born under the Rat sign, then you are most certainly quick-witted and resourceful. These qualities make you a perfect player for titles that require a lot of versatility, like action-adventure games. Games like Darksiders III (-66%) and Owlboy (-40%) will be the perfect choice for you.

The Ox
(birth years: 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997 or 2009)
This noble creature is usually seen as dependable, strong, and determined. If you were born under the Ox sign you can accomplish anything if given enough time. That’s why you are naturally drawn into tactical strategy games, which can really test your patience and resolve. Engaging titles like BATTLETECH (-66%) and Massive Assault (-65%) await you this year.

The Tiger
(birth years: 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998 or 2010)
Brave, confident, and competitive - if born under this sign you are a natural leader. Tigers accept even the hardest challenges, even if sometimes they seem a bit reckless. This makes you a great competitor in FPS games which require both boldness and quick reflexes. Try titles like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (-70%) and Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (-75%).

The Rabbit
(birth years: 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999 or 2011)
Born under this sign? Then there is a big chance that you are elegant, kind, and responsible. Rabbits show great management skills, but also never lose focus when it comes to the esthetics of their creation. That’s why you should try and test your skills in life simulation games. Take a shot at titles like Firewatch (-75%) and Kholat (-80%) this year.

The Dragon
(birth years: 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000 or 2012)
Those born under the Dragon are confident, intelligent, and enthusiastic. In China, dragons symbolize luck, that’s why if you bear this Zodiac sign you surely have a winner-takes-all personality. That is one of the main reasons behind your love of role-playing games. And besides… you’re a dragon, duh! You should try titles like Darkest Dungeon (-70%) or The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - GOTY Edition (-70%) this year.

The Snake
(birth years: 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001 or 2013)
Are you enigmatic, intelligent, and wise? That’s typical for people born under the Snake sign. You are brilliant, although your brain sometimes works in somewhat mysterious ways. Many gamers born under the Snake sign love adventure titles - the more challenging puzzles, the better. Try “headscratchers” like DISTRAINT 2 (-60%) and Schizm: Mysterious Journey (-50%).

The Horse
(birth years: 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002 or 2014)
Animated and active - if born under the Horse sign, you simply vibrate with positive energy. You love to be constantly on the move, to the point that it sometimes leaves people around you somewhat breathless. This is the reason platform and arcade games suit you so well. Fun titles like Rayman Origins (-66%) and Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (-80%) will bring joy to your 2020.

The Goat
(birth years: 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003 or 2015)
Calm, gentle, and sympathetic - if you are blessed with the Goat Zodiac sign you probably fit this description. To Chinese people, the goat symbolizes creativity. That’s why you love to spend your free time on strategy games, which can really make you think hard and force you to come up with unique, creative solutions. Age of Wonders: Planetfall (-33%) and Europa Universalis III (-75%) are great choices for you.

The Monkey
(birth years: 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004 or 2016)
Your top virtues are sharpness, smartness, and, most importantly, curiosity. You like to explore mysterious uncharted lands, meet new people, and learn new skills. That’s why playing roguelike games come to you almost naturally. Check out the titles like EVERSPACE (-85%) or Tangledeep (-60%) this year.

The Rooster
(birth years: 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005 or 2017)
If you are born under this sign, you are observant, hardworking, and courageous. Roosters are the masters of multitasking. This enables you to prevail and work even under great pressure. Real-time strategy games are almost perfectly tailored for you. Try titles like Cossacks 3 (-60%) and Craft The World (-75%) in 2020.

The Dog
(birth years: 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006 or 2018)
Lovely, honest, and prudent - qualities of man’s best friend are also shared by this Animal sign. Those born under the Dog sign are fearsomely loyal to their friends. That’s why you are a perfect asset to the team in all co-op games. Titles like Hammerwatch (-75%) and Trailblazers (-40%) will make the upcoming year even more fun.

The Pig
(birth years: 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007 or 2019)
If you are born under this sign, you are compassionate, generous, and cheerful. Pigs love to accumulate wealth, they are born administrators. When it comes to games, this Animal sign prefers business management titles, that can help them get rich. Games like Anno 1701 A.D. (-75%) or Pizza Connection 3 (-60%) will give you a lot of satisfaction.

You couldn't find your year of birth and Zodiak sign? Here's a more detailed breakdown.

Visit the comments below and let us know your Animal Zodiac sign and which games you picked during the Lunar Sale!
low rated
Discalceate: Suck my what?
He could've worded it a bit better, I think, or sent it to you as a suggestion via PM, but it's a good tip in general, I think......I used to not get many replies till some kindly told me some didn't like my walls of unbroken text or quoting entire replies so I cut quoted post text down and broke up reply bits into smaller pieces(when replying to the same long post by someone else) and it seemed to help a good amount....more replied and said it was easier to read/that they were more likely to reply and not skip by such.

Of course that said, feel free to post as you will...your call, after all. :)
Metallic Goat. I looked into this not too long ago.
this is a good one:

The Dragon
(birth years: 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000 or 2012)
Those born under the Dragon are confident, intelligent, and enthusiastic. In China, dragons symbolize luck, that’s why if you bear this Zodiac sign you surely have a winner-takes-all personality. That is one of the main reasons behind your love of role-playing games.

confident ?????? maybe if confident that someone is not that confident also counts then it is true

Intelligent ???? depends on what people consider intelligent

enthusiastic ..... this one (used to be) 100% true but everything wears and tears with years it even wears off very fast ..... :D

Luck ? yea right what does luck look like ? its not having a good live , plenty food cause if people dont have that they just move to another place / country so luck is also relative ( if many close to you depart to soo )

Anyway its al a bunch of nonsens
My Chinese sign couldn't be any less like me if it tried. :P
XtremeWATO: Long story short - the Year Zodiac often has nothing to do with one's Zodiac Sign according to Chinese astrology.
Well, I *do* love the Anno series, and my lunar month is Hai which is under Pig, but as far as the games go I think the general genre is more accurate here on my year which is Monkey.

Though, I do get a little miffed at all the games called "roguelike" these days, considering I'm old enough to have played Rogue when it was new and never got over the type.
This was completely wrong. What do you expect; they try to make generalizations that apply to everyone, and fail for a significant percentage. I hat RTS's. I much prefer games like Kingdome come Deliverance, Witcher 2 and 3, and Vampire Masquerade. I've preordered Cyberpunk, Bannerlord, and Masquerade 2. I like cinamatic games.
Landeraxe: This was completely wrong. What do you expect; they try to make generalizations that apply to everyone, and fail for a significant percentage. I hat RTS's. I much prefer games like Kingdome come Deliverance, Witcher 2 and 3, and Vampire Masquerade. I've preordered Cyberpunk, Bannerlord, and Masquerade 2. I like cinamatic games.
just like horoscopes then, there generalised for everyone just like the games gog posted ehre
XtremeWATO: I have studied Chinese astrology, and determining one's zodiac sign is quite more involved compared to western (Ancient Greek) astrology. In essence, one has to determine four signs - the year, the month, the day, and the hour of birth - and then has to see if any of those zodiac signs repeat. For example, if a person is both born in the year of the Monkey and the hour of the Monkey, then their zodiac sign is Monkey.
The "western" astrology (probably Indian in origin) I know of is way more complex than what you are describing.

Stupid necro bot.
Post edited October 21, 2022 by FrostburnPhoenix