It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am sorry Randalator, but this pissing contest doesn't have a bright enough rainbow at the end to entice me to further participation.

Just a note, I read enough philosophy to know that Rand is not to be taken seriously. Juvenile, underdeveloped, and trite.
Ones I've actually played:

-Superman 64: Man that game was shit. Completely broken on every level, while I guess it has some play value for how bad it is but good god it's horrendous.
-Sonic 06: Long loading times (it annoyed me greatly, and I'm generally a very patient guy), very glitch happy (fell through stuff a lot), crappy controls, and so many other things.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.
A simply awful game, "Vampire Rain." It was just...awful. The entire thing seemed clunky, and I couldn't even get beyond the first level because of how bad it was.
anjohl: I think you spend too much time on wikipedia. None of those similarities would come across to someone who was not either a Rand fanatic, or who exhaustively searches out explanations to every game they play.

I am reminded of a young second year sociology student who told me he was writing a paper examining the film Alien from the "feminist perspective", specifically looking at it as a "critique of male sexuality". I just about hurled. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, and a generic Doomlike by an overachieving, pretentious designer is just a Doomlike.
From sandman:

- "Do you know what Freud said about dreams of flying? It means you're really dreaming about having sex."
- "Indeed? Tell me, then, what does it mean when you dream about having sex?"
bensinkula: A simply awful game, "Vampire Rain." It was just...awful. The entire thing seemed clunky, and I couldn't even get beyond the first level because of how bad it was.
Awesome cover though!
amok: - "Do you know what Freud said about dreams of flying? It means you're really dreaming about having sex."
- "Indeed? Tell me, then, what does it mean when you dream about having sex?"
Unrelated, for the most part: Have you ever wondered why the most terrifying dreams for just about every human being on the planet involves teeth falling out/cracking/etc?
Post edited January 11, 2013 by anjohl
Worst game? Bruce Lee Quest of the Dragon on Xbox! The game was so pants it would be considered an insult to the memory of Bruce Lee himself IMO.
Bioshock had cool powers to use in combat within really cool looking and unique environments, as well as some well-written dialogue that critiques extreme capitalism.

I liked it.
fr33kSh0w2012: RealMyst

It was fun to begin with when you were actually GIVEN CLUES as to what to dothe last bits are just WAY TOO HARD becasue you are not given ANY CLUES Whatsoever which means you are running around the game world for hours wondering WTF am I supposed to be doing? it's nothing like the Original Myst which actually gave you clues.
Woah, what? This is interesting. In Myst, most of the clues were like, you do something with a machine, figure out what the effect was, fiddle with the machine, and learn what the machine does, then use said knowledge to solve the puzzle.

What did RealMyst change? Did it screw up the audio/visual cues that the game relied on?

Also quit saying Doomlike like it's a bad thing. Doom was great. Doom is still great.
fr33kSh0w2012: RealMyst

It was fun to begin with when you were actually GIVEN CLUES as to what to dothe last bits are just WAY TOO HARD becasue you are not given ANY CLUES Whatsoever which means you are running around the game world for hours wondering WTF am I supposed to be doing? it's nothing like the Original Myst which actually gave you clues.
amccour: Woah, what? This is interesting. In Myst, most of the clues were like, you do something with a machine, figure out what the effect was, fiddle with the machine, and learn what the machine does, then use said knowledge to solve the puzzle.

What did RealMyst change? Did it screw up the audio/visual cues that the game relied on?

Also quit saying Doomlike like it's a bad thing. Doom was great. Doom is still great.
I didn't say Doom Like? it was a typo of DO THE not doom like Yes it did F*** them up in so many bad ways like the Stoneship age level Not giving you any clues as to which button on the god damn compass to press which I only found out after I looked up the playguide!
I believe amccour's statement about doom was directed at someone else.
Post edited January 12, 2013 by CthuluIsSpy
StingingVelvet: Bioshock had cool powers to use in combat within really cool looking and unique environments, as well as some well-written dialogue that critiques extreme capitalism.

I liked it.
Bare in mind it is cool to hate Bioshock.
Myst. Utterly boring, but there was such a hype around that game at the time that I thought "Well, I'll give it a chance. Perhaps the actual game will begin for real after a few hours of playing." ... but it never did. It just stayed a bland slide show of pretty, but otherwise boring, rendered pictures.