It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Blood Omen. I hear that the story is wonderful, but the controls are incredibly clunky and the gameplay feels like the offspring of Zelda's Adventure.
The Crow City of Angels PSone piece of shit
Descent to Undermountain. I actually knew it was going to be terrible but I picked it up for a trifle in a bargain just to see if it was really that bad. It was.
RealMyst

It was fun to begin with when you were actually GIVEN CLUES as to what to dothe last bits are just WAY TOO HARD becasue you are not given ANY CLUES Whatsoever which means you are running around the game world for hours wondering WTF am I supposed to be doing? it's nothing like the Original Myst which actually gave you clues.
Probably some C64 game. There was a ton of crappy titles and most of the time your only reference was the cover artwork and some screenshots which weren't even from the C64 version but from a more powerful system.
Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde....................................................
I'm sure it has been said many times but...Rogue Warrior. That game is so bad it becomes good. Stealth kills from the front, potty mouth Mickey Rourke, 2 hour campaign for a full prized game...and on and on. If you can find it for 5 bucks or less then play it. It really is that good...eh I mean bad.
anjohl: Is that what that was? I thought it was just a bunch of kids gone nuts in a candy store, presided over by a Walt Disney/Howard Hughes type A overfed capitalist pig. And of course, even then, those themes only came through in terribly implemented audio tape logs, which broke up the generic Doomlike gameplay in the worst way.
No, it also came through in the entire setting of the game and the names of the characters (Andrew Ryan - Ayn Rand, Frank Fontaine - The Fountainhead, Atlas - Atlas Shrugged), parts of the story mirror Rand's Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead ("Who is Atlas?" - "Who is John Galt?", Ryan wanting to destroy Rapture - Howard Roark bombing his housing project), etc.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg...
Ric1987: Pit Fighter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rFvOe5iTxo

Eww, that was god awful.
SpirlaStairs: yeah, the worst part is that apparently the PC version was pretty good for its time, but after my bad experience with it on the PS1, I never cared to give it another try.
The PC version is very good but at this point you may find it dated. I'd recommend Rainbow Six 3.
anjohl: Is that what that was? I thought it was just a bunch of kids gone nuts in a candy store, presided over by a Walt Disney/Howard Hughes type A overfed capitalist pig. And of course, even then, those themes only came through in terribly implemented audio tape logs, which broke up the generic Doomlike gameplay in the worst way.
Randalator: No, it also came through in the entire setting of the game and the names of the characters (Andrew Ryan - Ayn Rand, Frank Fontaine - The Fountainhead, Atlas - Atlas Shrugged), parts of the story mirror Rand's Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead ("Who is Atlas?" - "Who is John Galt?", Ryan wanting to destroy Rapture - Howard Roark bombing his housing project), etc.

I think you spend too much time on wikipedia. None of those similarities would come across to someone who was not either a Rand fanatic, or who exhaustively searches out explanations to every game they play.

I am reminded of a young second year sociology student who told me he was writing a paper examining the film Alien from the "feminist perspective", specifically looking at it as a "critique of male sexuality". I just about hurled. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, and a generic Doomlike by an overachieving, pretentious designer is just a Doomlike.
Randalator: No, it also came through in the entire setting of the game and the names of the characters (Andrew Ryan - Ayn Rand, Frank Fontaine - The Fountainhead, Atlas - Atlas Shrugged), parts of the story mirror Rand's Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead ("Who is Atlas?" - "Who is John Galt?", Ryan wanting to destroy Rapture - Howard Roark bombing his housing project), etc.

anjohl: I think you spend too much time on wikipedia. None of those similarities would come across to someone who was not either a Rand fanatic, or who exhaustively searches out explanations to every game they play.

I am reminded of a young second year sociology student who told me he was writing a paper examining the film Alien from the "feminist perspective", specifically looking at it as a "critique of male sexuality". I just about hurled. Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar, and a generic Doomlike by an overachieving, pretentious designer is just a Doomlike.
So you're saying that the Ayn Rand themes in Bioshock aren't actually there?

Also, while I'm at it, how do you justify calling Bioshock a Doomlike? Unless you consider all FPSs to be "Doomlikes," the comparison isn't really accurate or useful in the slightest.
jefequeso: So you're saying that the Ayn Rand themes in Bioshock aren't actually there?

Also, while I'm at it, how do you justify calling Bioshock a Doomlike? Unless you consider all FPSs to be "Doomlikes," the comparison isn't really accurate or useful in the slightest.
I am saying that without the use of a wiki, the average Joe will not recognize/understand them. They are superfluous. And since Bioshock consists primarily of working one's way through a network of corridors populated by a populace of unanimously antagonistic creatures, strafing and shooting the whole time, only pausing to reload, I would say it's clearly a Doomlike. There is an uninterrupted lineage from Doom to Bioshock that is at best thinly veiled.
jefequeso: So you're saying that the Ayn Rand themes in Bioshock aren't actually there?

anjohl: I am saying that without the use of a wiki, the average Joe will not recognize/understand them. They are superfluous. And since Bioshock consists primarily of working one's way through a network of corridors populated by a populace of unanimously antagonistic creatures, strafing and shooting the whole time, only pausing to reload, I would say it's clearly a Doomlike. There is an uninterrupted lineage from Doom to Bioshock that is at best thinly veiled.
...or just anyone who is acquainted with modern classic literature. Ayn Rand is hardly an obscure author, and from what I've seen the Ayn Rand themes in Bioshock aren't that hard to spot.

As far as the Doomlike thing goes, your basically saying that any FPS that involves strafing, consistent action, and antagonistic opponents is a "Doomlike." Which, to my mind, makes it a useless label, since that covers just about every action FPS ever made.
jefequeso: 1) ...or just anyone who is acquainted with modern classic literature. Ayn Rand is hardly an obscure author, and from what I've seen the Ayn Rand themes in Bioshock aren't that hard to spot.

2) As far as the Doomlike thing goes, your basically saying that any FPS that involves strafing, consistent action, and antagonistic opponents is a "Doomlike." Which, to my mind, makes it a useless label, since that covers just about every action FPS ever made.
1) Smugness/snodiness. Nothing else to say here really. Is rand "classic"? How about Ron Hubbard?

2) If a game consists of rapid unrealistic strafing and shooting, every other creature is hostile, and you are in a series of corridors, yes, it is a Doomlike.
jefequeso: 1) ...or just anyone who is acquainted with modern classic literature. Ayn Rand is hardly an obscure author, and from what I've seen the Ayn Rand themes in Bioshock aren't that hard to spot.

2) As far as the Doomlike thing goes, your basically saying that any FPS that involves strafing, consistent action, and antagonistic opponents is a "Doomlike." Which, to my mind, makes it a useless label, since that covers just about every action FPS ever made.
anjohl: 1) Smugness/snodiness. Nothing else to say here really. Is rand "classic"? How about Ron Hubbard?

2) If a game consists of rapid unrealistic strafing and shooting, every other creature is hostile, and you are in a series of corridors, yes, it is a Doomlike.
1) Yes, Ayn Rand is considered to be a classic author. That's really not up for debate :P

2) So you're saying that 99% of FPSs are in fact "Doomlikes?" I question the purpose of having such a label, then.