It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"The Goonies" ('85)
I beat Fight N'Rage on normal and unlocked the extra modalities that add longevity to the game. I was having problems with the final boss battle as if you lose all lives than you need to restart from all the minibosses before. I think I'll still play it once in a while.
Being reading a lot in German and watching series in Japanese and German and at this point I feel I am getting somewhere and would like a German certification. I already have Japanese N2, but would like to go for N1, the highest, in 2021. When I'm confident of my German I'm undecided to pick up Mandarin Chinese again or Russian. Both serious commitments.
Post edited December 20, 2020 by Dogmaus
Decorating gingerbread cookies.
low rated
ciemnogrodzianin: "The Goonies" ('85)
Now ya gotta watch the music video, and maybe play the console game :)
(it's meh and a sequel to the movie, but still....more content!)
GamezRanker: ...
Sure, but they say the game is hard as hell (you mean the one by Konami, right?)!
Dogmaus: I already have Japanese N2, but would like to go for N1, the highest, in 2021.
I've always wondered why the lower numbers are the more advanced levels when it comes to Japanese language proficiency.

Maybe at some point I'll be motivated to go back to studying Japanese at least enough to the point where I could pass N5 (the lowest level) if I were to take the test (which I probably wouldn't).
low rated
ciemnogrodzianin: Sure, but they say the game is hard as hell (you mean the one by Konami, right?)!
Might be
(all I know is it's an older console game)
dtgreene: I've always wondered why the lower numbers are the more advanced levels when it comes to Japanese language proficiency.

Maybe at some point I'll be motivated to go back to studying Japanese at least enough to the point where I could pass N5 (the lowest level) if I were to take the test (which I probably wouldn't).
I took N2 directly, so I have never taken N5, but I think it's so simple you might be even be able to pass it already without realizing it. If you can read kana, a few basic kanji and expression, you have N5. The numeration was smart, setting 1 as highest level, they could add a level in the middle without changing the most difficult number, and they have done so in the past.
I think they mean "you have a dai-ichi proficiency", an evaluation rather than a progression. When you fly in "first class" you expect it to be the best one, right?
Finally got my program that uses a compute shader to compute vertices for a vertex shader to work.

(Notably, the vertex data starts on the GPU and never leaves it, assuming the implementation works as I expect. Of course, the only way to be sure would be to re-write the program with Vuklan instead of OpenGL, which allows (and, in fact, requires) the programmer to manage such things. Also, since the computer has integrated graphics, transfers between the CPU and GPU are extremely fast, unlike on systems with discrete GPUs.)

dtgreene: I've always wondered why the lower numbers are the more advanced levels when it comes to Japanese language proficiency.

Dogmaus: I took N2 directly, so I have never taken N5, but I think it's so simple you might be even be able to pass it already without realizing it. If you can read kana, a few basic kanji and expression, you have N5. The numeration was smart, setting 1 as highest level, they could add a level in the middle without changing the most difficult number, and they have done so in the past.
I think they mean "you have a dai-ichi proficiency", an evaluation rather than a progression. When you fly in "first class" you expect it to be the best one, right?
Well, I could compare it to clarinet parts in a band, but sometimes the 2nd or 3rd clarinet has neat parts that the 1st clarinet does not.

Of course, in this pandemic I don't have any opportunities to play in a concert band, but during normal times I do play in a few. (I'm planning on getting an E-flat clarinet around the time I get vaccinated, so that might be interesting to play once the bands start up again.)
Post edited December 21, 2020 by dtgreene
Heretic & Hexen on GOG.
This!
ciemnogrodzianin: "The Goonies" ('85)
One week to go until the new year and it's wonderful!
hehehe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqBCIkkr4XU
nuking china in hoi4
Leftover cheesecake!