It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dogmaus: I actually miss XP and 7, I never got used to 10 and I use a software that makes it look like Windows 7. It's called classic shell.
Fonzer: I think i have been using xp since 2004 or maybe 2003, only one time i had a win 10 on a pc but that one went kaput in 4 months, at least right after the update it became very slow and i never got it back from uncles repairman.
Which is bad since i could have used the parts and have a better pc.
It's not like i wasn't used to win 10 when i had it, only it didn't work correctly after months.
you have guts, derailing a cat story when you don't even have a pc capable of going windows 10!!!
i slept in the morning. you cant say no to this.

Ahhh
Fonzer: Nice to find a supported browser called mypal for win xp. Now i can at least watch youtube without the html5 video errors.
Crunchyroll and other things.
And pc is old that is why it has xp, hope to get a new pc next year after my room redecoration.
Older and less powerful computers are also great choices for running Linux.

For example, I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 110S-11IBR (albeit the one with 64GB of storage rather than only 32GB). Some reviews have commented on it having issues in Windows with the limited storage (particularly with Windows 10's updates taking more space), but with Linux, particularly with a lightweight distro/configuration, it works comfortably. (Admittedly, boot times are not as fast as they are on my newer, bigger, and fancier laptop, but they're still manageable and sleep mode works; once in a while the keyboard will fail to work, but putting it to sleep can fix that issue.)

Fonzer: Nice to find a supported browser called mypal for win xp. Now i can at least watch youtube without the html5 video errors.
Crunchyroll and other things.
And pc is old that is why it has xp, hope to get a new pc next year after my room redecoration.
Dogmaus: I actually miss XP and 7, I never got used to 10 and I use a software that makes it look like Windows 7. It's called classic shell.
I've gotten to the point where I use Linux exclusively (unless I want to try out some other OS in a VM). At this point, for me I have a harder time using Windows than Linux.

My new laptop came with Windows 10, but I have already wiped it and installed debian bullsyee. It boots *really* fast, and its 256GB is big enough that Windows could run on it if I so choose (as opposed to my older, smaller, lighter one that I would not recommend Windows on).

Also, another thing that made me happy today: Seeing a topic on the Cyberpunk 2077 forum here about an accessibility issue (key rebinding, in this case) get "high rated".
Post edited December 12, 2020 by dtgreene
Playing Tetrobot with my daughter after a bike ride!
Thank you, Santa PaterAlf! :)
Asked my mom for some money, ...something I *never* ever, do. It was very humiliating for me, but she was quite happy to help (makes me teary-eyed just thinking about it). It's been a bit of rough year. I needed the cash to buy some new jeans/pants. I was on my last pair, which I patched up so many times that they were just begging to be euthanized. LOL!

I'm the type of guy who needs to try on 20 pairs of pants before I actually find a pair that fits me nicely. Today was my lucky day! The first and only 3 pairs I brought with me inside the changing room fit me perfectly! A miracle in itself! So I am doubly happy today. And very grateful for my mom's help.
Celeste Extended Variants mod. Now I can make bosses appear anywhere!
snip
Post edited December 14, 2020 by Lionel212008
Lionel212008: I have body dysmorphic disorder. I lost my job as a content manager/script writer for a OTA platform during COVID. Currently, my city is still under lockdown and I am finding it difficult to give online video interviews.

In person, I can charm the socks off the people around me but being on camera makes me self-conscious. I am not photogenic and my face tends to absorb light like a sponge, instead of reflecting it. My girlfriend has been immensely supportive, but I haven't been able to meet her due to the lockdown. She has OCD and is a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to viruses or diseases in general.

I lost my job in August, and my country does not offer unemployment benefits. Living off my severance.
And that is what made you post this on the "what made you happy today" thread?
Lionel212008: I have body dysmorphic disorder. I lost my job as a content manager/script writer for a OTA platform during COVID. Currently, my city is still under lockdown and I am finding it difficult to give online video interviews.

In person, I can charm the socks off the people around me but being on camera makes me self-conscious. I am not photogenic and my face tends to absorb light like a sponge, instead of reflecting it. My girlfriend has been immensely supportive, but I haven't been able to meet her due to the lockdown. She has OCD and is a bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to viruses or diseases in general.

I lost my job in August, and my country does not offer unemployment benefits. Living off my severance.
kaboro: And that is what made you post this on the "what made you happy today" thread?
I thought it was the **** about life in general thread. My bad.
Lionel212008: snip
hugs
it will get better and you have a caring person there for to you despite the distance
A friend asked me to recover her bicycle from somewhere and I pedalled a little after many years. I would like to have one again.
Post edited December 15, 2020 by Dogmaus
I'm happy knowing my alarm will not ring tomorrow morning. Day off work!
Undervolted my cpu and disabled turbo, and I could swear there is a very noticable performance increase. I think previously my laptop had a tendency to boost the cpu too much causing overheating, and then throttling everything. I think it makes sense, because in some games performance was very inconsistent.
Matewis: Undervolted my cpu and disabled turbo, and I could swear there is a very noticable performance increase. I think previously my laptop had a tendency to boost the cpu too much causing overheating, and then throttling everything. I think it makes sense, because in some games performance was very inconsistent.
I haven't tried to see if I can undervolt my desktop's CPU, but maybe I should see if there's a setting in the BIOS that would let me do so. (Currently, I'm limiting it to 1.4GHz. Also remember that this is the computer with major cooling issues.)
dtgreene: I haven't tried to see if I can undervolt my desktop's CPU, but maybe I should see if there's a setting in the BIOS that would let me do so. (Currently, I'm limiting it to 1.4GHz. Also remember that this is the computer with major cooling issues.)
I'm using Throttlestop, which makes it very easy. Unfortunately I don't think there is a Linux version. Perhaps first search for some software alternatives to throttlestop, before you go messing around in bios.
But yes, from what I understand if you have cooling issues then apart from cleaning out all the dust and re-applying thermal paste, undervolting is a good way to go.
Post edited December 19, 2020 by Matewis
Crystal Palace 0 Liverpool 7 :)