It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Being alive. Exercise. Relaxation today
GamesRater: It was less about the gameplay itself and rather the "punch down" style of messaging put into it.

(For one thing, the game basically infers that white straight male religious types are all whackos[all the villains of the main human enemies are white male religious men], and that people from marginalized groups are moral paragons)
Thats called punching up.

Sachys:
Also I GOT THE CONTRACT!!! :D
Post edited November 22, 2020 by Sachys
Barcelona losing to Atletico

Messi has 14 open play goals all year, what the actual f?
Post edited November 22, 2020 by GeraltOfRivia_PL
low rated

To me it's all punching down.....media (like games) making fun of most groups of people (barring things like maybe criminals) because it's "okay"(socially acceptable) to do so at the time in some other people's eyes isn't something I can agree with.

(If the game, had made the enemies all black people or women....for example....you rightly wouldn't hear the end of complaints about it online)

===

Ontopic: I had fun playing games for a good while and hosted a small party (with family only of course, at our home).
Post edited November 22, 2020 by GamesRater

GamesRater: To me it's all punching down.....media (like games) making fun of most groups of people (barring things like maybe criminals) because it's "okay"(socially acceptable) to do so at the time in some other people's eyes isn't something I can agree with.
NO.

It IS called punching up. Punching down is when you sit on the top of a social hierarchy and then PUNCH DOWN to those less priveleged than you.

Please read up from a logical, FACTUAL source for once.
Post edited November 22, 2020 by Sachys
Just watched the Fleet Fatales speedrun of Celeste.

(There's also a Celeste Farewell run, which I haven't watched yet; it will probably be the next run I watch.)
low rated

It IS called punching up. Punching down is when you sit on the top of a social hierarchy and then PUNCH DOWN to those less priveleged than you.
Again: regardless of the definitions, to me it is ALL "punching down".....as I don't believe (in games, other media, etc) most groups of people(again barring perhaps criminals, etc) should be given a negative blanket treatment in such a way.

(For one thing, it is stereotyping and can be emotionally hurtful to those in said group)

Btw I don't mind such framing being used for a small section of enemies in a game, or film, or similar....it's when a piece of media paints(accidentally or on puspose) one group as all/mostly bad like that that it becomes objectionable to me.

=====
=====

Ontopic: I watched some tv shows for a bit(mostly old nick shows, but also a few from other channels).....remembering my youth via nostalgia for a bit....twas fun. Might play some games later on to rekindle that nostalgic feeling a but more as well.
Post edited November 22, 2020 by GamesRater
I'll start the job training next week, I've been told. I hope so. It's going to be a short experience (training + 3 weeks) but I hope that it's the beginning of something new. Also it will keep my mind occupied. I am starting to accept that I'm single.
Playing Talisman: Origins while listening to audiobooks in German is great.
Post edited November 22, 2020 by Dogmaus
low rated
Dogmaus: I'll start the job training next week, I've been told. I hope so. It's going to be a short experience (training + 3 weeks) but I hope that it's the beginning of something new. Also it will keep my mind occupied. I am starting to accept that I'm single.
Sounds awesome...hope you do well with your new job. :)

Dogmaus: Playing Talisman: Origins while listening to audiobooks in German is great.
Is that a pc game or some other sort of game? If it's a PC game, do you recommend it?
GamesRater: Sounds awesome...hope you do well with your new job. :)

Is that a pc game or some other sort of game? If it's a PC game, do you recommend it?
Thanks, I finally have a chance again.
Talisman is originally a tabletop game from 1983, and it has many expansions. It came only quite recently on GOG, or at least its digital edition. Talisman: Origins is a solo player edition, it has solo campaigns. I just started it today but it seems already much better than Talisman: Prologue I had on Steam. It's basically Game of the Goose, but with a fantasy setting, cards for items, enemies and events. The classic win is: get a talisman and go after the crown in the middle of the board before your opponents do, but in Origins you have diversified missions instead. For example, in the one I'm playing now you are an assassin (evil) after a monk (good). There is night/day cycle, and as an assissin I can go in the village blacksmith shop and steal during the nighttime. I think it's going to provide with many hours of fun, and turning the music off I can casually play it while listening to something else. You probably missed it because it was drowned in a sea of Talisman: Digital Edition DLCs.
https://www.gog.com/game/talisman_origins
Post edited November 22, 2020 by Dogmaus
low rated
Dogmaus: Thanks, I finally have a chance again.
And it provides fresh hope....which is always a good thing and always welcome. :)

Dogmaus: Talisman is originally a tabletop game from 1983, and it has many expansions. It came only quite recently on GOG, or at least its digital edition. Talisman: Origins is a solo player edition, it has solo campaigns. I just started it today but it seems already much better than Talisman: Prologue I had on Steam. It's basically Game of the Goose, but with a fantasy setting, cards for items, enemies and events. The classic win is: get a talisman and go after the crown in the middle of the board before your opponents do, but in Origins you have diversified missions instead. For example, in the one I'm playing now you are an assassin (evil) after a monk (good). There is night/day cycle, and as an assissin I can go in the village blacksmith shop and steal during the nighttime.
Sounds nice.....and it has a digital edition which is perfect for me(I dislike small pieces which is why I don't play any board games anymore)...might look into it some day.

Dogmaus: I think it's going to provide with many hours of fun, and turning the music off I can casually play it while listening to something else.
I do that sometimes...switch a game's music off and run a music player or YT music in the background of some games.

Dogmaus: You probably missed it because it was drowned in a sea of Talisman: Digital Edition DLCs.
https://www.gog.com/game/talisman_origins
I am just so busy IRL with other stuff and my memory is so crahp that I don't check the listings much. Thanks for linking it, btw.
Just watched the Fleet Fatales Celeste Farewell run.
I spotted a kitty (Sphinx?) in the latest gameplay trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 and it made me smile. :) I doubt very much that owning pets will be a thing in Night City, but I was happy to see such an exotic cat casually chilling on that concrete wall.
Attachments:
One of my videos just passed 100k views which has me over the moon! I don't usually see this kind of attention on my YouTube channel because it's quite a small channel (only 2k subscribers), but it feels so good to see that some of my videos are taking off the way they are. I don't quite know how or why it's trending (all I know is a lot of my new viewers seem to be coming from Tiktok - I'm not complaining, mind you, a lot of them have been very polite in the comments), but my video is an educational film essay on a controversial anime film I uploaded like 5 months ago, I'd have thought my type of content may have been boring lol.

I'm knocking a few assignments down right now too for university which feels like such a relief. I want to be able to have a few of them completely off my plate before Christmas! :D
At work we've realized that we're going to make something stupid – and this time before it was done! ;)