It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beer! Because it's my "Saturday" night.

And listening to music.

And playing games.
Yesterday, it was visiting my friend, his wife and his newborn baby girl in the hospital. She is a very beautiful baby.

Today I was very happy to see an email from Gog with codes to enter The Witcher's adventure closed beta.

I wonder what will be tomorrow's reason for my happiness?
Post edited August 07, 2014 by joppo
The new COSMOS by Neil deGrasse Tyson is on Netflix. (Canada, I don't know about other locations). I remember how I loved the original by Carl Sagan (that I watched on a small black and white tv in my room) and I think I will feel the same way about this one after listening to the first episode.

I consider myself as quite knowledgeable on the history of science and proto-science but I had never heard of Giordano Bruno before, I'm really happy that I have someone new to learn about.
MunkiSiren was given a magnetic hepatite necklace today by a friend of her father. She put it on and instantly got a headache. I tried it on and could feel the energy of it instantly, almost like a forcefield around my neck and head. My neck pain (from spending too much time writing epic posts on GOG :P) vanished. I felt more peaceful instantly. I took it off and the pain started to return. I wore it for 2 hours and almost fell asleep at 6pm (granted I did wake up at 3:45am) but that is almost impossible for me unless I miss sleep. I felt an inner peace that I am unused to without the use of herbs, drugs, intense exercise or meditation. I even read something that normally would have set off my typical fight or fight response and it didn't occur.

I knew nothing about the stone beforehand and must say that I am astounded by the unexpected results. Further testing to ensue later but I think I might have found another tool for my medicine bag.
I just made my first "chili sin carne" (=vegan), didn't use any recipe and it's tasting awesome. :)
Problem is: I've made way too much.
Klumpen0815: I just made my first "chili sin carne" (=vegan), didn't use any recipe and it's tasting awesome. :)
Problem is: I've made way too much.
You can send me some, I'm a big eater!
The temperature dropped below 20 degree Celsius (that's unseasonably cold here), I had a great night sleep last night and expect another one tonight. I sleep better when it's cold, I also wake up feeling more comfortable.
Even though I had a headache last night and I wanted to keep working, I decided to hit the sack instead. I slept in a bit, but I woke up feeling all better and well rested. It was the right move.

Also, crazy kitchen experiments resulted in a delicious upside down cake! If you have too much fruit and it could go bad before you can eat it all, there's an idea for you : )
Got the whole series of stargate sg1 for 50 bucks and in amazing condition a few days ago so that was pretty amazing :D
I met my two brothers, niece and nephew after 5 months of living in diferrent cities.
I love those kids, even though they are noisy.
Now that I think of it, my whole family is noisy!
My buddy and I are making a game together and we're finally making great progress. :)
I got authentic German beer today :D
JudasIscariot: I got authentic German beer today :D
Cheers! ;-)
Which beer exactly? I need to know which kind of German beer makes a Pole happy. :D

What I actually came here for: my brother got his PhD a few months ago. He had trouble finding a job because the kind of career he had envisioned when he started his education has basically become unavailable by now. That was quite a depressing situation after such a long academic career, especially since he has a family to take care of. The other day he turned on the TV and saw an old friend who clearly has the kind of job that he is qualifed for. He called her and she said that she should be able to get him a job, just make some calls, introduce him to some people. Haven't seen him in such a good mood in a long time. I have a good feeling about this.
Post edited August 20, 2014 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: Which beer exactly? I need to know which kind of German beer makes a Pole happy. :D

What I actually came here for: my brother got his PhD a few months ago. He had trouble finding a job because the kind of career he had envisioned when he started his education has basically become unavailable by now. That was quite a depressing situation after such a long academic career, especially since he has a family to take care of. The other day he turned on the TV and saw an old friend who clearly has the kind of job that he is qualifed for. He called her and she said that she should be able to get him a job, just make some calls, introduce him to some people. Haven't seen him in such a good mood in a long time. I have a good feeling about this.
These beers courtesy of our German Blood Bowl players :D