It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
The first line said by Duke Nukem in Golden Carnage(how did they get away with that in the current US social climate?).

Still, the fact they dared to say it made me have hope for the future of gaming/media.

(I won't post it here as it might break the rules....if anyone wants to know what it is either: Play the game, ask me via PM, look it up online :))
Post edited January 09, 2020 by GameRager
The news about the Wizardry spin-off coming here, as it is definitely a game I am interested in playing.

(Of course, now I am thinking about Bard's Tale 2 and what the best approach to developing casters for the short term is, and how the best long-term strategy is *different* between different versions of the game.)
low rated
dtgreene: The news about the Wizardry spin-off coming here, as it is definitely a game I am interested in playing.

(Of course, now I am thinking about Bard's Tale 2 and what the best approach to developing casters for the short term is, and how the best long-term strategy is *different* between different versions of the game.)
As I like and have played similar games(anime style) over the years(Orphan-Ps2, Some of the "Tales Series"-Ps2, many SNES games, Rogue Galaxy-PS2, Xenosaga-Ps2, etc) I will probably like this.

Of course, gotta wait for a sale sadly(am on a very tight budget), but I will be getting it eventually. :)

(I also loved this one game[PS] that was about two women teaming up with this man to save his land from destruction....the only thing I remember about it is it might have started with a G or H[title] and *Spoiler* you have to sacrifice one of the women to save the world at the end, and it changed the ending scene a bit depending on who you pick.*End Spoiler*)
low rated
dtgreene: The news about the Wizardry spin-off coming here, as it is definitely a game I am interested in playing.

GameRager: As I like and have played similar games(anime style) over the years(Orphan-Ps2, Some of the "Tales Series"-Ps2, many SNES games, Rogue Galaxy-PS2, Xenosaga-Ps2, etc) I will probably like this.

Of course, gotta wait for a sale sadly(am on a very tight budget), but I will be getting it eventually. :)

(I also loved this one game[PS] that was about two women teaming up with this man to save his land from destruction....the only thing I remember about it is it might have started with a G or H[title] and *Spoiler* you have to sacrifice one of the women to save the world at the end, and it changed the ending scene a bit depending on who you pick.*End Spoiler*)
Actually, I would argue that the games you mentioned aren't the same style as what I mentioned.

Games of the style I mentioned involve forming a party in town (with the town typically not being an explorable area), and then going into a first-person grid-based dungeon. There isn't much story, and instead the gameplay is the primary focus, with the occasional dungeon navigation challenge (anyone remember spinners and anti-magic zones?). Bard's Tale has explorable towns (though only 1 in the first game), but it otherwise still follows the same gameplay style, and you still have the grid-based first person view even in towns.

On the other hand, the games you mention sond like they're pretty standard JRPGs, with overhead view (or close to it), premade characters (instead of a custom party), and a bigger focus on story.

(Then there's (modern) WRPGs, which are an entirely different thing altogether, with their own conventions which differ from those of JRPGs or Wizardry-likes.)
low rated
dtgreene: Actually, I would argue that the games you mentioned aren't the same style as what I mentioned.
Fair enough, but I was talking about aesthetics/looks/"cliches+tropes" being similar(or similar enough) to the upcoming game, rather than the genre/mechanics/etc.

(Essentially the Wizardry game seems to check some of the same "boxes" for me)
Discovering this musical score for Bravestarr. Can't someone make a film about this already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd3ZmQfn3zU
low rated
What made me happy today?

Making the rep abusers waste their precious time yet again with more posts(which I was gonna post anyways, but still....).

Will they ever learn? That is part of the mystery of this cat and mouse we seem to have going. :)
Decided to play the Bard's Tale 1 remaster for a little bit, and I was able to get a character to learn all the (BT1 accessible) spells, starting from a new save file.

You can read about how I did that so quickly in the Bard's Tale series subforum.
Spurs 0 - Liverpool 1 . Yeah the Reds march on :)
Got a VM on my Raspberry Pi up and running. Granted, I get a kernel panic, but that's expected given the current setup.

For the initrd, I took the Alpine Linux rootfs, and made /init a shellscript with the lines:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Hello World!"

I do, indeed, get a kernel panic (init exits which is not supposed to happen), but I *do* get to see "Hello World!" printed on the emulated serial device, so I know it's working.

(Getting rid of the kernel panic would just be a matter of adding "poweroff -f" to the end of the script, as I have done in an x86_64 VM running on a low-end laptop.)
What made you happy today?
Finally solved data processing problem I wasn't able to solve for days.
Just discovered that syslinux (one of the Linux bootloaders) comes with a Lua interpreter, and was able to get it running in a (x86) VM.

Apparently, GRUB has one as well.

It appears that U-boot doesn't have one, but there's a fork of it that does.

(Now, of course, comes the question of what that Lua interpreter is good for. Or in other words, what use cases are there for having a Lua interpreter run before the OS kernel has been loaded?)

(As a side note, the NetBSD kernel has a Lua interpreter in it. Of course, by the time you have access to it, the kernel is obviously in memory, but it does allow running Lua code in kernel mode.)
Got a new (to me) Wizardry spin-off up and running. Now, I just need to play it.
low rated
dtgreene: Got a new (to me) Wizardry spin-off up and running. Now, I just need to play it.
Noice to hear....hope you have fun. :)

======================================

My own entry: More laughing than happy, but I snickered a bit to hear the original Duke3D makers say(in commentary in E2L2) that they preferred the more simple run and shoot simplistic nature of the COD games.
low rated
I got one, I got one. The sacred pens on cbay for zilch.