It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Got the debian installer running on a virtual machine running on a Raspberry Pi 4.

(Using a custom 64 bit kernel (KVM enabled), a 64-bit debian chroot, and the arm64 version of the debian installer.)

By the way, anyone have suggestions for distros to try running on a VM on this system? (One requirement: There *must* exist an ARM version of the distro, as the little Raspberry Pi would struggle emulating an x86 CPU, and you can't otherwise run code written for a different instruction set, even with hardware virtualization.)
During December 1999 I've started following PC gaming scene. From that time forward I've been creating list of games that I've never played but want to commit my gaming time to. There were many games on that list over the years, some were acquired and enjoyed, for some I have just lost interest over time, but games were constantly coming to and going from the list.

The list was always on paper and it felt extra special when I was crossing a game from it with a ball pen. Since that was getting pretty messy over time, every few years I would pull out a fresh pieces of paper and create a neat new list. Always sorted by game release year and grouping the games from the same series.

Now 20 years later, my whole list can finally fit on a single piece of paper. This means I'm close to owning all the games I ever wanted, which in return means that my backlog will probably start diminishing from now on (not that it was dramatically growing in past few years, but it was growing a little).
This maybe doesn't seem like much to most of you and those who just hoard games without intending to give them a decent playtime definitely wouldn't understand, but to me (and my OCD xD) this is a huge deal and makes me very happy.

Now when I look back at that boy who bought his first PC gaming magazine in December 1999 and started to dream about stepping into that new world of more serious gaming, a boy who didn't even own a PC until the hot summer of 2001...it's getting pretty emotional over here. It was quite a journey and it will continue to be hopefully for many more years.

I'd like to thank all those who have ever gifted me a game or traded with me in the past. You have helped me and my game collection a lot in reaching this stage. :)
Attachments:
page1.jpg (323 Kb)
page2.jpg (240 Kb)
BranjoHello:
Nice list, quite balanced with different genres (and nice handwritting -certainly better than mine).

Now, Rise of Nations, that's a true classic. If only it was available on GOG...
low rated
BranjoHello: Now 20 years later, my whole list can finally fit on a single piece of paper. This means I'm close to owning all the games I ever wanted, which in return means that my backlog will probably start diminishing from now on (not that it was dramatically growing in past few years, but it was growing a little).
This maybe doesn't seem like much to most of you and those who just hoard games without intending to give them a decent playtime definitely wouldn't understand, but to me (and my OCD xD) this is a huge deal and makes me very happy.
I also have some OCDs and make tons of lists and sort stuff a ton, so I know how you feel about finally getting your ducks in a row.

Also: Stubbs the Zombie/Nocturne/Get Medieval/Res. Evil 2/Diablo 3/Control/Ion Fury/System Shock/etc.....you sir, are a man of good taste. ;)

(There are likely other good games there as well but I just noted some I like or want)

Aside: Are those ones left to get? I assume you have the others from those series already, then? As for Sys. Shock 1: If I had the money and you needed it i'd gift it to ya, as I LOVE that game.** :D

**Bit of an understatement
Post edited December 30, 2019 by GameRager
ConsulCaesar: Nice list, quite balanced with different genres (and nice handwritting -certainly better than mine).
Yep, I like all the genres beside space games. Those just don't appeal to me. GalCiv2 and System Shock 2 are rare examples of games that I simply adore and they have something to do with space.
As for the handwriting I can assure you mine is catastrophic, it's just that this list means so much to me that I take time to write it down real slowly and precise that it borderlines calligraphy as far as my skills go. xD

GameRager: you sir, are a man of good taste. ;)

Aside: Are those ones left to get? I assume you have the others from those series already, then? As for Sys. Shock 1: If I had the money and you needed it i'd gift it to ya, as I LOVE that game. :D
Thank you, I tend to believe my taste is quite good as well. :D
I think that my gaming journal also speaks in favor on this thought. xD
The games on the list are those which I both never played and never owned. My bigger wishlist is available over here. That one contains some games I played in the past but never owned them (you know borrow from a friend and such).
As for the offer, thank you but I have never played SS1 and don't plan to, the one that interests me is the remake/reboot/call-it-whatever-you-like-just-gimme-gimme that will be released (hopefully) next year. ;)
BranjoHello: As for the offer, thank you but I have never played SS1 and don't plan to, the one that interests me is the remake/reboot/call-it-whatever-you-like-just-gimme-gimme that will be released (hopefully) next year. ;)
Why don't you like SS1 or are not interested, if I may ask? The clunky controls? They fixed those in the new version gog sells, and some other things as well. Or is it just the theme/gameplay/etc? Just curious.
low rated
Wishing for more low votes, tanks saps.
GameRager: Why don't you like SS1 or are not interested, if I may ask? The clunky controls? They fixed those in the new version gog sells, and some other things as well. Or is it just the theme/gameplay/etc? Just curious.
For some series there is no need for me to play every iteration. SS2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but going to SS1 would be pointless especially since the reboot/remake is on the way.
The same way I have no interest to play any HoMM that was or will be released after HoMM5, since I'm aware the first five iteration have thousands of hours of fun still to provide me (finished only HoMM4 and HoMM1 so far and I'm close to doing the same for HoMM5).
I plan to play all the games I own (or at least die trying xD) and I only have one lifetime to do so. That's why I carefully plan what gets my time and what doesn't.
I got my "I hate people" Joker T-shirt today I'm going to wear it just to fuck with some people down the road!
low rated
BranjoHello: For some series there is no need for me to play every iteration. SS2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but going to SS1 would be pointless especially since the reboot/remake is on the way.

I plan to play all the games I own (or at least die trying xD) and I only have one lifetime to do so. That's why I carefully plan what gets my time and what doesn't.
Fair enough, but they likely will change a bit of the remake(look/feel/VAs/etc), and the old one might be nice to see what it was like originally....but still, your call. :)

(As for time....the old game can be finished in few hours compared to other games....just putting that bit out there in case you didn't know:))

=========================

fr33kSh0w2012: I got my "I hate people" Joker T-shirt today I'm going to wear it just to fuck with some people down the road!
Would it "coincidentally" be when the telstra or delivery people come by? ;)
Post edited December 30, 2019 by GameRager
Tower of Time!
low rated
GameRager: Would it "coincidentally" be when the telstra or delivery people come by? ;)
It Would!
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: It Would!
Well you know what they say: Sharing is caring. :D
Returning from the Penguin Party with "Blade Runner" code in my pocket :D
low rated
for as long as i can remember, i never made any effort to start a new year in a special good way. i just did what i felt like. sometimes sleeping, other times watching tv or playing video games in the best possible cases. but i read on facebook that wearing something red on ur clothes give u luck. so first, i checked my clothes and my shirt definitely had red at neck. i changed shirt to something dirty, it was just a rag basically. but then i had to check my pants too! so in the end i decided to wear nothing at all and begin the new year in bed, alone, with my hand on my d***