It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

8 years ago I've had an accident and left me semi crippled (I can't stay on my feet for long otherwise it's long days of pain) to this day, I had given up on life, 7 months ago I pulled myself up and started fitness training, weights, you name it and recently even jogging again.

So what made me happy today? The fact that I jogged for an entire half an hour for well over 4km's. I hadn't done that in such a long time. I guess I'm not the total wreck I led myself to be. The damn thing might hurt in the next couple of days but damn, I'm happy and as soon as I feel better I'll go again.
Ganni1987: 8 years ago I've had an accident and left me semi crippled (I can't stay on my feet for long otherwise it's long days of pain) to this day, I had given up on life, 7 months ago I pulled myself up and started fitness training, weights, you name it and recently even jogging again.

So what made me happy today? The fact that I jogged for an entire half an hour for well over 4km's. I hadn't done that in such a long time. I guess I'm not the total wreck I led myself to be. The damn thing might hurt in the next couple of days but damn, I'm happy and as soon as I feel better I'll go again.
Wow! Nice work!
HereForTheBeer: snip
I get a real kick outta how you post in the bitch thread and the happy thread in almost equal measure and both frequently - a fine testament to a full life.
Post edited July 21, 2014 by misteryo
Ganni1987: 8 years ago I've had an accident and left me semi crippled (I can't stay on my feet for long otherwise it's long days of pain) to this day, I had given up on life, 7 months ago I pulled myself up and started fitness training, weights, you name it and recently even jogging again.

Rock on, Ganni. Soon you'll be running clear across Malta!
Kraft mac and cheese with a hot dog cut up in it. =) Today it is all about the small things.
That it's time for bed.

That's awesome and really inspirational to read, thanks for posting and best of luck with your regimen!
After some difficulty, I managed to get the used copies of Pokémon Snap and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron I bought today to work on my N64.
I woke up still sleepy, and realised I can go back to sleep!
So, signing off to catch up on my zzzz's for a couple of hours.
Good morning!
I will receive the keys to my new apartment today. Woohoo!

Also, while others are already coming back from their vacations (we Finns have this tendency to have summer vacations in June and July, not August like rest of the world in northern hemisphere), my vacation is starting in a few weeks, I can pretty much decide exactly when.

And I will be on vacation for five weeks, one of which is a winter vacation from last year that I didn't use back then. I'm probably not going to travel anywhere though, helping with the move and renovating either one or both of my apartments...
Got the turret finished last night; needed about 2 hours to wrap it up. Went a lot faster since the big ladder was no longer necessary; also, my wife came up and helped out a bit and that extra set of hands was, um, handy.

He can't get any of his family up there since they're all terrified of heights - or rather, falling from said heights - but my wife climbed right up like it was a set of stairs. Sweet - no excuses from her when it's time to tackle our place. She should have rethought that one!

Area-wise it was a tiny part of the project, and he assures me the rest will go much faster. I suppose so, since I won't need to custom-cut half the pieces before they get installed.
HereForTheBeer: Got the turret finished last night; needed about 2 hours to wrap it up. Went a lot faster since the big ladder was no longer necessary; also, my wife came up and helped out a bit and that extra set of hands was, um, handy.

He can't get any of his family up there since they're all terrified of heights - or rather, falling from said heights - but my wife climbed right up like it was a set of stairs. Sweet - no excuses from her when it's time to tackle our place. She should have rethought that one!

Area-wise it was a tiny part of the project, and he assures me the rest will go much faster. I suppose so, since I won't need to custom-cut half the pieces before they get installed.
Congratulation on completing the turret, and for not falling. I wouldn't be so sure about your wife not making up excuses for tackling your place - we women can always find another excuse when needed :).
I am happy because today I finished moving to my new place and am finally settled after a week of travel. It's good to have a nice home.
Random Yahoo story on Kate Upton with pictures.
high rated
A dear family member who got seriously ill a few days ago and had to be hospitalised got released, and though they have to continue treatment at home for another week to ten days, they're doing already much better. :-)
ddickinson: I wouldn't be so sure about your wife not making up excuses for tackling your place - we women can always find another excuse when needed :).
She's always willing to at least try something. The hard part is keeping her from wandering off halfway through. "Hand me that wrench, would ya? Honey? Hellooooo?!? Where the hell did she go?"