It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's almost a sad day today. I have lots of old monitors to replace here at my business. I had one in reserve. I unpacked it this morning and after turning it on for the first time...there in the upper center a damned green pixel! I've checked for it when buying and I didn't see it. The warranty ended few months ago. I did some googling and found one suggestion to try. I pressed it gently around the dot and it's gone! I hope it won't come back.

richlind33: TinyE's leaving -- again. lol
Why does that make you happy? lol.
Post edited July 15, 2019 by le_chevalier
le_chevalier: Why does that make you happy? lol.
Maybe,because he'll be back tomorrow as this is the 13th time he left.
Tauto: Maybe,because he'll be back tomorrow as this is the 13th time he left.
And you're counting? He's been offline for just a couple of hours and you all are already missing him?
(Just a little bit of mathematical humor)

Proud of the "proof" I came up with that 5 = 8.

Here it is:

4 * 2 = 8
4 = 3 + 1
Therefore:
3 + 1 * 2 = 8
3 + 2 = 8
5 = 8

If that looks suspicious to you, maybe you might want to find bobby tables and ask him?
Tauto: Maybe,because he'll be back tomorrow as this is the 13th time he left.
le_chevalier: And you're counting? He's been offline for just a couple of hours and you all are already missing him?
Are you for real?
le_chevalier: And you're counting? He's been offline for just a couple of hours and you all are already missing him?
Tauto: Are you for real?
Yes. Obviously not kidding.

dtgreene: (Just a little bit of mathematical humor)

Here it is:

4 * 2 = 8
4 = 3 + 1
Therefore:
3 + 1 * 2 = 8
3 + 2 = 8
5 = 8

If that looks suspicious to you, maybe you might want to find bobby tables and ask him?
It should be:
(3+1) * 2 = 8
Post edited July 15, 2019 by le_chevalier
le_chevalier: It's almost a sad day today. I have lots of old monitors to replace here at my business. I had one in reserve. I unpacked it this morning and after turning it on for the first time...there in the upper center a damned green pixel! I've checked for it when buying and I didn't see it. The warranty ended few months ago. I did some googling and found one suggestion to try. I pressed it gently around the dot and it's gone! I hope it won't come back.

It amuses me that he says something so blatantly impossible. :o
Bought about 1.8l of fresh milk on leaving work yesterday, got home and forgot to refrigerate it for an hour or two. Finally realised, put in the fridge, but then opened one to have some and it had soured. SADNESS.

Today I decided to make use of it, so I googled, and apparently you can make cheese out of it. All the recipes online had weird complicated equipment like cheesecloths and 'candy thermometres', though.

Finally just boiled the milk, added vinegar, stirred it, and then poured it through a cloth bag I was going to use for shopping.

Now I have cottage cheese, and I'm the best!
babark: Bought about 1.8l of fresh milk on leaving work yesterday, got home and forgot to refrigerate it for an hour or two. Finally realised, put in the fridge, but then opened one to have some and it had soured. SADNESS.

Today I decided to make use of it, so I googled, and apparently you can make cheese out of it. All the recipes online had weird complicated equipment like cheesecloths and 'candy thermometres', though.

Finally just boiled the milk, added vinegar, stirred it, and then poured it through a cloth bag I was going to use for shopping.

Now I have cottage cheese, and I'm the best!
If it isn't Wensleydale, it's not real cheese!
babark: Bought about 1.8l of fresh milk on leaving work yesterday, got home and forgot to refrigerate it for an hour or two. Finally realised, put in the fridge, but then opened one to have some and it had soured. SADNESS.
milk confuses me

sometimes it goes pew-y 3-4 days before use by date, sometimes it can, like, last near lee a full week after

3/10 cannot adult
okkkorniienko: Dating online is one of the most interesting things nowadays.

A have a big expreince in it,and want to share with you ths awesome website
okkkorniienko: that help me to build may personal life and find my soulmate!

Believe in this ,online dating is going on top very fast.
2 months an' 4 rep
one of the moar successful spammers!

---

i never knew gunsynd was an australian racehorse
born 1967? long dead now tho
Post edited July 15, 2019 by Fairfox
Tauto: Are you for real?
le_chevalier: Yes. Obviously not kidding.

dtgreene: (Just a little bit of mathematical humor)

Here it is:

4 * 2 = 8
4 = 3 + 1
Therefore:
3 + 1 * 2 = 8
3 + 2 = 8
5 = 8

le_chevalier: It should be:
(3+1) * 2 = 8
Doesn't order of operations say you should do multiplication first, so it would be 3 + 1 * 2 = 3 + (1 * 2) = 5? Isn't that what we were taught in school?

(Yes, I am being silly.)
dtgreene: (Yes, I am being silly.)
Do you speak languages other than English?

Also, is there a nonzero chance of ever finding you on freenode? That would make me happy.
Post edited July 15, 2019 by clarry
dtgreene: (Yes, I am being silly.)
clarry: Do you speak languages other than English?

Also, is there a nonzero chance of ever finding you on freenode? That would make me happy.
I know some Spanish and a little bit of Japanese, but I don't really speak those languages.

No, I have never been on freenode; to be honest, I don't actually know what that is.
Finally found a way to use bluetooth to transfer a file from my compuer to my phone. (I used bt-obex from the bluez-tools package.)