It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

gelato and waffles
Had an appointment with a longer bus ride attached to it, but it was nice and sunny out.
Post edited April 18, 2019 by XVX777
Happy Maundy Thursday!
Attachments:
Blues!
ciemnogrodzianin: Blues!
I went to bed after the 2nd period. :P

It got too depressing. Little did I know.

BTW, the Blues are playing the Red Wings up here next season.
Forager made me happy
low rated
“TOTAL Exoneration” has now become “total bullshit” in less than a month.
Post edited April 19, 2019 by tinyE
My computer started beeping ominously today so I quickly saved everything and shut it down. Then proceeded to clean out the dust, reconnected everything and restarted it hoping all it was was overheating and alas it does run perfectly again :-) Getting help with computer service is harder some days than others, so happy I did not need that.

BEEP BEEP
Well, guess what? NOBODY, is irreplaceable, after all... Although i love stability and insurance, i always wanted things to last, i will have to make do with adaptability, quick shifts and constant changes, at the very end. At least i tried, but i cannot possibly hope to win against modern customs/trends/fashions, or something. It's not the first time i will be forced to partake into things i never liked, anyway.

*Ptooie* -Next!

Post edited April 23, 2019 by Fairfox
Fairfox:
Modern computers run more and more slow when dust builds up until it is extremely bad, then they shut down.

I guess you have something like this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAJ275B1914 which has a huge problem, namely that it has no discrete graphics card, only very basic integrated.
Fairfox:
Themken: Modern computers run more and more slow when dust builds up until it is extremely bad, then they shut down.

I guess you have something like this: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAJ275B1914 which has a huge problem, namely that it has no discrete graphics card, only very basic integrated.
I don't consider the lack of a discrete graphics card to be a problem. A (modern) computer that lacks one may not be able to run the most demanding 3D applications, but it can still play plenty of games, and it will likely use less power and run cooler without needing extra cooling (assuming the cooling system works).

In fact, I can even game on my $150 laptop, which I believe doesn't even need a fan to stay cool.

Also, not having a discrete GPU means no NVIDIA, and therefore means not having to deal with NVIDIA's refusal to release open source drivers (and therefore makes them not good choices for Linux users who don't like running proprietary software at that low a level).
Fairfox: (ignoring brad lee's drivel)

i need nu comp too buuuut tbh i know nothin' about 'em.
then again this office one is ooold but still works kkz. never claen it, never do sweet fa but it still functions an' L-I-V-E-S. its just run outta space an' uuuuh.... ram (?!). idk but its slow af.
Put together a system like I did using old/used parts found off ebay and such. I saved a lot of money and now have a nice (for me) rig. If you're worried about the technical side of things, don't be. Linustechtipps calls computer parts "Legos for adults" and that's pretty true.
Themken: Modern computers run more and more slow when dust builds up until it is extremely bad, then they shut down.

dtgreene: I don't consider the lack of a discrete graphics card to be a problem. A (modern) computer that lacks one may not be able to run the most demanding 3D applications, but it can still play plenty of games, and it will likely use less power and run cooler without needing extra cooling (assuming the cooling system works).

In fact, I can even game on my $150 laptop, which I believe doesn't even need a fan to stay cool.

Also, not having a discrete GPU means no NVIDIA, and therefore means not having to deal with NVIDIA's refusal to release open source drivers (and therefore makes them not good choices for Linux users who don't like running proprietary software at that low a level).
Why do you mention Nvidia and not AMD? Nvidia isn't the only game in town. Also, just recently coming from a laptop with integrated graphics back to a desktop with an older, used dedicated video card...there is a HUGE difference in graphics and game performance.
Post edited April 20, 2019 by TARFU
dtgreene:
My laptop does not have a graphics card either and I game some on it. Those office computers tend to come with the weakest integrated graphics and Fairfox did state their computer was old but depending on taste and if one accepts older games, there are still some 3D games you can play too, not to forget an abundance of excellent 2D games. New and more powerful integrated graphics (think Intel Core i5, not Pentium or think AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, not Athlon 200GE) are of course more powerful than my old 2nd to best card in 2005).

Yes, there is no law that one has to have a graphics card to play games.

The Nvidia Linux drivers... either they should open them up or make them good. A pity AMD's cards are rather mediocre at the moment.
Fairfox:

That computer actually isn't too bad. Since it's socket 1155, any Ivy Bridge processor will fit, so you could slap in an i5, put a low profile GT 1030 in there and have a pretty decent machine for about $250, including the original cost of the computer.