It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tree removal quote came in at about 1/2 what I was expecting. Told them to save a bunch of the apple wood for us so we can use it for smoking meats. Nom nom. Not thrilled about removing them, but the apple trees are sitting in the best spot for the upcoming solar installation. Emerald Ash Borers have invaded our ash trees so four of those are coming down, too. Need to figure out what to plant as a replacement for both sets of trees.
we have a new dachshund puppy. My mother doesn't believe in waiting. :P

Pick him up next week.
Two weeks ago, I set up a scheme to cheat in an online game (to fall back on in case I lose). Today, I misclicked, had to go through with it on short notice and won on the first try without cheating.
Had a somewhat restless night. Even when I got some sleep, the dreams were stressful. Apparently I'd also turned off my alarm clock... When I finally got up and walked to my computer, I noticed a new email: "New release from Carpenter Brut added to your collection!" \m/

Update: Then I went shopping for CDs (actually found a few, too) and on my way back picked up the Grzegorz Ciechowski box set I bought online for 40€ (while the one album in it that I originally wanted - the Wiedźmin movie soundtrack - would've cost me 50-70€ on eBay...)

So far it's been a good, musical day.
Post edited February 23, 2018 by plagren
What made you happy today?
Friday!
Two wonderful things
- Stumbled across a February special at my ISP and upgraded to it : 25% cheaper but with 33% more data
- Read that Blizzard is working on a Warcraft 3 update that adds proper widescreen among other things. It's being speculated that a remaster might be incoming. As my alltime favorite rts that makes me a very happy customer
US won the Curling Gold. :D

Who am I kiddin? The only reason I posted this is that in a few days no one is going to remember or care, including the two teams. :P
Post edited February 24, 2018 by tinyE
Technically, it was yesterday. Ironically, I got a message, from the HR person, that I did not get the job I applied to. I *think* that made me happy, in a peaceful way, because thinking in hindsight, I don't believe I would have like the job anyway. :p At the end of the interview, the woman let it slip that I was too overqualified for the job hah.
Post edited February 24, 2018 by GenlyAi
tinyE: US won the Curling Gold. :D
I hear they swept the competition.
tinyE: US won the Curling Gold. :D
HereForTheBeer: I hear they swept the competition.
Yeah, it was a miracurl.
HereForTheBeer: I hear they swept the competition.
tinyE: Yeah, it was a miracurl.
They brushed aside all criticisms with a stone-faced look of determination
tinyE: Yeah, it was a miracurl.
HereForTheBeer: They brushed aside all criticisms with a stone-faced look of determination
Ummm.....I'm empty.
HereForTheBeer: They brushed aside all criticisms with a stone-faced look of determination
tinyE: Ummm.....I'm empty.
They did a great job but there's broom for improvement
tinyE: Ummm.....I'm empty.
HereForTheBeer: They did a great job but there's broom for improvement
Oooooooooooh,that's clever.
Speaking of which, were any teams using brooms, or was it all just brushes? I didn't catch any of the competition.