It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Donald Tusk and central EU command, lost an important battle today... All thanks to V4, A.K.A. Visegrad countries! Czech, Hungary, Poland (much love there, bros <3 ) and Slovakia, thank you brothers for your valiant stance against the oppressors (and possibly traitors), your dedicated resistance against the self-harming policies of the "union" imposed/enforced on us all over the last few years and your overall inspiring; you alone restored hope for us, today! You have many more allies than you can imagine and be prepared for harder battles, further ahead; their strategic retreat, even though on such an important matter and dire problem, has to be a trick from their part in order to "mitigate damage", "pacify" the awakened people and keep their own "sheeple" on track and on a leash, they are so going to make a nasty comeback, later...

May you continue inspiring everybody and restoring hope. All is not lost yet, after all!
Post edited December 11, 2017 by KiNgBrAdLeY7
Luned: After being laid off for 11 months, my husband got a job offer today! Happy does not even begin to describe it.

(My sister-in-law died on New Year's Day, and 2017 just went downhill from there. This is honestly the best day I've had in months.)
Happy for you and your family! Sounds like a truly rough year, but I hope things will keep getting better.
That's good news, Luned. I hope he enjoys the new job.

----

Some small things:

Made a four-cheese lasagna Saturday night. Soooo good. Not counting ricotta, it had Parmesan, Fontina, Gouda, and Gorgonzola. Definitely making this one again. Mom said the local grocer in town stocks good gluten-free lasagna noodles, so we can make it for her, too.

The retaining wall project got wrapped up before the freeze hit. More work to do come Spring, but that's tied into another project anyway. Walls look nice, and will be even better once we get grass growing again.

At a customer today, found the cause of a problem that was nagging them for a couple years. Thought I had it sorted out but at the very end of testing the problem finally popped up again. Which is fine. At least it happened while I was still there. There was a threaded shaft working loose and causing problems, so we winged it: had them weld it in place. More testing (me standing around for a few hours, watching it run) and everything looks good. It's a pain when you think you've nailed down a fault, watched the machine run flawlessly for several hours, and then it hiccups after you've left and are a couple hours down the road. I hate that. Fortunately I was still there.

Was dealing remotely with another problem-child machine, for the past week. I was in there the week before doing some other work when some unrelated problem came up. Adjusted and troubleshot as much as I could without parts on hand, thought it was working better - problem was gone for two days. Sure enough, on the long drive home they called me. Fortunately had the parts back home; was able to ship them and instruct the maintenance electrician on how to install the stuff. Guess it worked: he said they've been running since Friday afternoon.
HereForTheBeer: .
You're always so Positive, Patty.
Happier because thinking less of negative bullshit and keeping away from people who complain and whinge regular sepcially about work....
Since there isn't a thread for it, for everyone celebrating, Happy 1st day of Hanukkah. :D
deleted
Fairfox: I watched a movie (!)! Coco, which was aces (!).

Imma movie-watcher, nao.
going to see Ep VIII this weekend?
deleted
Post edited December 13, 2017 by Fairfox
That whole thing with Jerusalem being the capital of Israel as it should be.
Not sure what do you refer to (I'm avoiding news for a few years), but I'd rather prefer reestablishing Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem.
ciemnogrodzianin: Not sure what do you refer to (I'm avoiding news for a few years), but I'd rather prefer reestablishing Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem.
I suspect that'll be a tad bit more difficult.

Be as it may, what had caused your self-isolation?
Just got a quote for repair of a bunch of electronic stuff, from a place a buddy and I found last week. Came back much lower than I expected, with a nice warranty to boot. It'll be nice to build up my stock of these old components since some of them have been obsoleted by the OEMs.
HereForTheBeer: Just got a quote for repair of a bunch of electronic stuff, from a place a buddy and I found last week. Came back much lower than I expected, with a nice warranty to boot. It'll be nice to build up my stock of these old components since some of them have been obsoleted by the OEMs.
Come out of the 80's, the electronics here are great.... I bet your cell phone weighs like 4 lbs and your boombox 40.. LOL (j/k)
My meds made me happy today... gotta love mood altering drugs...
HereForTheBeer: Just got a quote for repair of a bunch of electronic stuff, from a place a buddy and I found last week. Came back much lower than I expected, with a nice warranty to boot. It'll be nice to build up my stock of these old components since some of them have been obsoleted by the OEMs.
Dejavous: Come out of the 80's, the electronics here are great.... I bet your cell phone weighs like 4 lbs and your boombox 40.. LOL (j/k)
My meds made me happy today... gotta love mood altering drugs...
SHUT UP AND GIVE ME BACK MY WALKMAN!