It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Emob78: I just survived an hour drive home in the middle of a blinding snow storm. I know you weirdos up north would probably just call it a dusting, but it's an odd sight down south. And when you can't see the lines in the road and the snow is pelting your windshield, it tends to pucker your butthole and turn your knuckles white. But I'm home and alive, and that makes me very happy.
eksasol: I haven't driven in snow for a while since moved to Florida. Usually when it's snowing bad, a double lane road becomes one.

White knuckles driving if literal is a bad idea, you have to go with the flow. Swerving will cause fish tailing and losing control. Brake and accelerate with the wheels pointing straight help minimize this. Punching the brake and throttle pedals are also bad. It's kind of counter intuitive to driving on tarmac. When you put too much torque on the wheels and causing them to spin faster you will lose grip, so you need to ease the pedal to get going. For braking, if you punch the brakes, you will lock the wheels then your car will just slide toward the direction of its momentum, release the brake to in order to regain control.

If you're really confident you can use the snow to slow down, as the main driving line can get compacted or icy, but you can block your radiator with snow or drive into a snow bank if not careful.

Tauto: Just reading that little story made me laugh.
Hunched over the steering wheel and hanging on with a vice grip and just hoping some idiot doesn't nudge you in the rear end or side swipe you,speeding past.
eksasol: Rear end hit-and-run accident is very common here where I live, twice a victim myself. I would like to drive one of those truck with front and rear bumpers and spiked nuts on the wheels. I began to realize why people drive those thing, they probably got tired of assholes on the road.
Yeah, I've been in some near-death moments in cars with people driving who slammed on the brakes during bad weather.

I'd agree with your points. After many years of driving on the roads, I've learned a few simple lessons as well while driving in bad conditions. Like you said, tap the brakes, never hit them hard, attempt slow downs on inclines rather than declines, and if a light ahead turns red and you have time to make it just coast through. It's better than run the risk of running a red than attempt a fast stop and end up sliding through the entire intersection and losing control.

Most bad road conditions are do-able, it just takes patience, a slower drive, and as always WATCHING OUT FOR OTHER DRIVERS. You might be doing everything right, but that doesn't mean that soccer mom in the suv next to you is.
tinyE: I was looking at the ME games last night. What spearates them from games like BioShock and DeadSpace?
You get to shag blue aliens and a sexually confused/repressed male in space (in 3).
Post edited January 06, 2017 by eksasol
low rated
eksasol: sexually confused/repressed male
[dtgreene]

The term "sexually confused" is offensive to people with sexual confusions.

[/dtgreene]

[KiNgBrAdLeY7]

I was, sexually repressed, once.

My ex, made me that, that was when we, were still, together before, she ruined, my life.

Waste of, oxygen and irony of the fates.

I can't, harvest any satisfaction, or enjoy, any compensation out, of this.

Why is it, that vermin flourish, and worthy people, leave so soon?

[/KiNgBrAdLeY7]

[tinyE]

If you use the s word once more I'm going to report all your posts to GOG Kleetus.

[/tinyE]
Emob78: I just survived an hour drive home in the middle of a blinding snow storm. I know you weirdos up north would probably just call it a dusting, but it's an odd sight down south. And when you can't see the lines in the road and the snow is pelting your windshield, it tends to pucker your butthole and turn your knuckles white. But I'm home and alive, and that makes me very happy.
are u ok omg
There was a shooting at my local airport (Fort Lauderdale). My family members was on a trip and returning tonight, but I'm glad they decided to drive instead of flying this time.
Post edited January 07, 2017 by eksasol
Well, I don't have many friends, and I've already told the two people who would care, so here goes!

I subscribe to Decibel magazine (http://decibelmagazine.com/); if you're a fan of metal perhaps you're familiar with it.

Anyway, late last month I composed an email message to Albert Mudrian, editor-in-chief. It was basically just a fan letter but also pointed out, in a humorous way, some things in the mag that I personally think could use some work.

I'll skip the long details and get to the point: yesterday I received two messages from him. The first was "That was the best email message I got in 2016. Thanks." Cool, I thought, I'm glad he was cool with it.

And then I read the second message, which said "Would you ever consider writing for us?" Holy shit! My jaw dropped. I love music and I love writing; if I got a chance to marry the two I would be in Heaven (or should that be "South of Heaven"?).

So I responded, and am now just waiting to see what happens next. It's the weekend, which means I probably won't hear back until next week (bummer). But I'm ecstatic and really hope something comes of it.
Wow, that's nice DieRuhe!
This is minor, but getting Revolt GL to run in Linux without having to make any symlinks.
Darvond: This is minor, but getting Revolt GL to run in Linux without having to make any symlinks.
Re-Volt, the racing game?
waking up with a fresh cup of coffee
Darvond: This is minor, but getting Revolt GL to run in Linux without having to make any symlinks.
tinyE: Re-Volt, the racing game?
Aye.
tinyE: Re-Volt, the racing game?
Darvond: Aye.
I just had to uninstall it. That game is impossible. :P
Darvond: Aye.
tinyE: I just had to uninstall it. That game is impossible. :P
I don't even play it seriously. I just throw in TRACKER and CARNIVAL into the naming wheel and give it a go.
having my family around me they make me happy
low rated
kaylayuhos26: having my family around me they make me happy
Having you here makes me happy, Kayla.