It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Freeing an agitated bee that got stuck between the window-glass and the curtain without hurting it, and without getting stung.
I won a giveaway for a Witcher 3 game key so I'm happy that I have something to look forward to when the game comes out on the 19th!
HypersomniacLive: Freeing an agitated bee that got stuck between the window-glass and the curtain without hurting it, and without getting stung.
The same thing I did some minutes ago! Poor fellow was utterly tired after his fight against the glass, so he cooperated. :)
high rated
Wolfram_von_Thal: The same thing I did some minutes ago! Poor fellow was utterly tired after his fight against the glass, so he cooperated. :)
Ha, must be "free the stuck bees" day. :-)

Mine completely froze when I gently wrapped the curtain around it, as if it was waiting to see what my intentions were; pretty sure it was getting its sting ready, just in case. :-)
I progressed to the next training level! Yeah!! Soon i will be able to do some pretty crazy maneuvers! Bamboo break and Musa Dori, here i come!
Was in a real dark place for a couple of days but pulled myself out.

Was happy when I realized I would have been there for weeks had not been for a bout of self improvement.

Stiff upper lip gentlemen!
The chaotic Russian Internet is WONDERFUL, ADORABLE, i LOVE it! It always makes me happy, without fail, yay!
Good cap to a good biz trip Monday - Thursday.

New customer to me, via the OEM because of insurance reqs. They bought a couple used machines about 8-10 years ago. Another former tech put at least one of them in and had done service on the other. The one he installed had some high-dollar options that perform some specific things to bump up production and make life easier for the operator. The operator told me the stuff never did work and that the tech said it would take a long time and a lot of money to fix them. The first optional assembly I got running in 20 minutes, and the second one took about 40 minutes - and it was simply adjustments, with no parts needed. The customer gave the "No WAY!" look and practically hugged me.

A bit irritating that the other guy didn't even try. I mean, seriously simple stuff, and the customer just plain gave up on them ever working because they were told it was going to be a major ordeal to restore operation.

So yeah, pretty great to be able to make the customer love their machines again.

So I left yesterday about 4pm, for the 8-hour drive home from the St Louis area back up to Wisconsin. GPS screwed up and failed to mention a turn so I ended up making a bit of a detour. What a fantastic detour it was! Southwest of St Louis is some beautiful hilly country, a mix of heavy woods and small farms, and the roads are just short of being a ride at Disney. I was whipping the little rental car around like mad, enjoying the view and the drive for that little brief excursion.

About two hours from home, I encountered storm clouds off to the left. The rest of the drive was a nighttime lightning show up in the clouds while enjoying the hilly and curvy roads of northeastern Iowa and on into Wisconsin. Rain held off until just as I pulled into the driveway.

Some trips I dread. This one I would do again, no problem. Something about the Midwestern countryside on back roads that hits me in just the right spot.

Oh, and today is the 9th anniversary of starting my own gig. Wasn't sure it would last past the first year, and again past the Great Slowdown of 2009 - 2011.
HereForTheBeer: Good cap to a good biz trip Monday - Thursday.

New customer to me, via the OEM because of insurance reqs. They bought a couple used machines about 8-10 years ago. Another former tech put at least one of them in and had done service on the other. The one he installed had some high-dollar options that perform some specific things to bump up production and make life easier for the operator. The operator told me the stuff never did work and that the tech said it would take a long time and a lot of money to fix them. The first optional assembly I got running in 20 minutes, and the second one took about 40 minutes - and it was simply adjustments, with no parts needed. The customer gave the "No WAY!" look and practically hugged me.

A bit irritating that the other guy didn't even try. I mean, seriously simple stuff, and the customer just plain gave up on them ever working because they were told it was going to be a major ordeal to restore operation.

So yeah, pretty great to be able to make the customer love their machines again.

So I left yesterday about 4pm, for the 8-hour drive home from the St Louis area back up to Wisconsin. GPS screwed up and failed to mention a turn so I ended up making a bit of a detour. What a fantastic detour it was! Southwest of St Louis is some beautiful hilly country, a mix of heavy woods and small farms, and the roads are just short of being a ride at Disney. I was whipping the little rental car around like mad, enjoying the view and the drive for that little brief excursion.

About two hours from home, I encountered storm clouds off to the left. The rest of the drive was a nighttime lightning show up in the clouds while enjoying the hilly and curvy roads of northeastern Iowa and on into Wisconsin. Rain held off until just as I pulled into the driveway.

Some trips I dread. This one I would do again, no problem. Something about the Midwestern countryside on back roads that hits me in just the right spot.

Oh, and today is the 9th anniversary of starting my own gig. Wasn't sure it would last past the first year, and again past the Great Slowdown of 2009 - 2011.
Congrats on starting your own gig 9 years ago may you make it many more happy years :)
Wasting money.. No wait, that wasn't fun.. Or was it? Kinda. I bought a blanket. And I always thought that all of my money would go to my PC which I once lovingly crafted.

Also it was a blanked and few beers.
I saw 2 older teens playing basketball with two little kids. 1 older teen+ 1 little kid vs the other two, and the older teen did pass the ball to the little kids. It put a smile on my face.
What made me happy today? Buying my wife a special edition 50 shades of gray movie. Ya I'm getting really lucky tonight :P
I did a good deed.
KiNgBrAdLeY7: I did a good deed.
I don't believe it:-)
Started work, with my brother (the brains of the operation), on building a new deck at Mom's place. Got the 12 four-foot holes dug out, all of the wood is delivered, we bought nearly all of the hardware, and even managed to make the concrete pads that go in the bottom of the holes. All way under budget so far. No arguments and no injuries. We almost never argue, but injuries? Yeah, there's usually something by now.

The weather cooperated for us and now we need the inspector to come by and tell us what we already know: that the holes are deep enough. After that we need a combination of good weather, no serious injuries, and a cooperative travel schedule (for me) in order to get this thing done in time - we were given a deadline (it's free labor and we have a deadline? WTH?) of the first weekend in June. This might be one of the rare projects that actually gets completed - functionally, if not aesthetically - on time.