It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Intellivision Amico Flute Tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M7J57B4Bug
Received a greeting from a dear acquaintance of mine. She's french and wished me a "Joyeux Sans-Valentin!", which is a play on words replacing "Saint" with "Sans", meaning "Happy Without Valentine!". It made me chuckle.

Another good mate of mine texted me "Happy Saint-Bromance!", which I thought was absolutely brilliant! xD
We should have a holiday celebrating us single folk, me thinks. :P
matterbandit: Received a greeting from a dear acquaintance of mine. She's french and wished me a "Joyeux Sans-Valentin!", which is a play on words replacing "Saint" with "Sans", meaning "Happy Without Valentine!". It made me chuckle.

Another good mate of mine texted me "Happy Saint-Bromance!", which I thought was absolutely brilliant! xD
We should have a holiday celebrating us single folk, me thinks. :P
We have: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singles%27_Day
Joined a friend for a coffee-to-go and we went for a stroll under the winter sun, checking out the shops and chatting about everything and nothing. :)
The fact that I just happened to stumble upon this video. I don't know about you guys, but I find it pretty wholesome. I guess I just admire the person's effort, or just seeing anyone's early attempts at trying something new, in this case, this Japanese lady's attempt at singing a cover for a song (I think, I don't speak Japanese) and uploading it to YouTube even if the video's quality turned out to be pretty poor.
A seriously ill friend is healthy again after months. Today I'm not buying a game, I'm buying flowers.
kultpcgames: A seriously ill friend is healthy again after months. Today I'm not buying a game, I'm buying flowers.
Aww... :) That is very, very sweet! It's times like this that we realize who our true friends are. Such a seemingly small gesture will be remembered for a long time. You are a good friend. ;)
I just got all of Devcats's games that are on GOG plus all the DLCs minus the Bag of Treats only because I forgot to toss it in the shopping cart, but still... more games involving cats just makes me happy so owning them makes me even more happy. I look forward to their other games getting released here because that way I can fill my game collection with more games involving cats.
Not my day at work, that's for sure. :( But today's sunshine made my walk from work to home a lot more uplifting. Seems like all week was just gloomy and grey. It's crazy how a hit of natural sunlight just shifts my mood for the better. :)
Mom reached out to me and asked if I'd join her for leftover pizza at her place. Simple moment. Made me happy. :)
Not really today, but I recently found an artist whose art style I really like. The reason as to why I'm happy about this is because I'm currently learning the way that artist colors their drawings, and hopefully I get to master it with practice. Just so you know, I'm not entirely copying the artist's works, I'm just integrating what I like about the artist's style with my art style in order to improve it, which is what many artists do to improve theirs.
Post edited March 22, 2023 by Vinry_.
Not having to go to work made me really happy today. :) Don't know how I'm going to cope tomorrow morning! xD

Vinry_.: Not really today, but I recently found an artist whose art style I really like. The reason as to why I'm happy about this is because I'm currently learning the way that artist colors their drawings, and hopefully I get to master it with practice. Just so you know, I'm not entirely copying the artist's works, I'm just integrating what I like about the artist's style with my art style in order to improve it, which is what many artists do to improve theirs.
I don't consider that copying either. You're learning something that inspires you and evolving your technique. That's how one grows! ;) I've always admired people who could draw, paint or play musical instruments. Wish I was blessed with such talents! :P
Post edited March 23, 2023 by matterbandit
Vinry_.: Not really today, but I recently found an artist whose art style I really like. The reason as to why I'm happy about this is because I'm currently learning the way that artist colors their drawings, and hopefully I get to master it with practice. Just so you know, I'm not entirely copying the artist's works, I'm just integrating what I like about the artist's style with my art style in order to improve it, which is what many artists do to improve theirs.
matterbandit: I don't consider that copying either. You're learning something that inspires you and evolving your technique. That's how one grows! ;) I've always admired people who could draw, paint or play musical instruments. Wish I was blessed with such talents! :P
I'm sure with practice, you'll be able to draw whatever you want with ease. Here are the people that I currently look up
to for practice:

- Chommang_drawing = The guy uploads many simple tutorials on how you could get better at drawing the human body. His style is not 100% aimed for realism, so maybe that could help you from getting intimidated from the kind of practice that you're about to see.

- Dino_illus = Now this is the artist that I was talking about. I really like the way they color their characters and environments, something that I still currently try to learn.
Post edited March 23, 2023 by Vinry_.
This month is my first anniversary here. God bless the generosity of the people in this forum.
Watching the World Figure Skating Championship with a hot chai tea in one hand and a crispy sfogliatelle in the other. :P

Vinry_.: - Chommang_drawing = The guy uploads many simple tutorials on how you could get better at drawing the human body. His style is not 100% aimed for realism, so maybe that could help you from getting intimidated from the kind of practice that you're about to see.

- Dino_illus = Now this is the artist that I was talking about. I really like the way they color their characters and environments, something that I still currently try to learn.
Thx for sharing these links! :) I agree... Dino's coloring technique is quite unique, difficult to put to words. But I like it! Interesting effect! :)
Post edited March 26, 2023 by matterbandit