It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just completed Sleeping Dog's main story line. I sat through the very long credits scroll just for the awesome music! I'm going to bed a happy gamer. :)

ConsulCaesar: It's a four-day weekend for me! :D
Time goes by too quickly. I wish I had that extra day you got. ;)
Post edited October 12, 2021 by matterbandit
Prepared my balcony for winter. But the part that made me happy was salvaging and re-potting my rosemary, which will spend yet another winter indoors. Going to attempt the same thing with my Mexican coriander. :)
I finally managed to loose all those extra kilos from summer. The starving diet always works, but that, together with normal diet, both require extreme willpower and determination, as a prerequisite. I am going to raise my food budget again to include healthy food and natural supplements, once again. Cutting those off to afford me other goodies especially in entertainment, had been the worst idea i have ever had, let alone implemented in my to-do list
Post edited October 18, 2021 by paula_g
Discovered that Stranger of Sword City Revisited's data files include the music as audio files in .ogg format; this is especially nice since the soundtrack available as DLC here omits my favorite track (the theme that plays in the underground of the Mosoleum of Metal, and which is the first dungeon theme you hear in the game).
(Re-) watched Stand Up Guys. Even though one of us don't remember watching it before, which is not so fun, it was lovely to have that first, good impression, again. :)
I had this inexplicable urge today to binge-watch a blast from my past: seasons 1 & 2 of Pushing Daisies. It brought back some happy nostalgia. :)
matterbandit: I had this inexplicable urge today to binge-watch a blast from my past: seasons 1 & 2 of Pushing Daisies. It brought back some happy nostalgia. :)
Another one that ended too soon.

Have you seen some of the other early Bryan Fuller shows? Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls are hidden gems.
paula_g: I finally managed to loose all those extra kilos from summer. The starving diet always works, but that, together with normal diet, both require extreme willpower and determination, as a prerequisite. I am going to raise my food budget again to include healthy food and natural supplements, once again. Cutting those off to afford me other goodies especially in entertainment, had been the worst idea i have ever had, let alone implemented in my to-do list
Not that I'm into dieting but, let me tell what has impressed me recently.

Dr Michael Mosley, whose father died from Diabetes, was finally diagnosed with it. The diagnosis is final; the only clinical path is containment. Or it was, until he cured it. (Big claim, I know.)

I noticed Mosley when he, just after medical school, became a journalist. His first report was for the British current affair programme, Panorama. He wanted to investigate the extraordinary claims of two Australian doctors who discovered a bacterial cause for stomach ulcers. (Medical consensus for centuries was clear on the subject: no organism could possibly live in the acidic environment of the gut.)

It was through his report that Robin Warren & Barry Marshall won the Nobel Prize for their discovery of the Helicobacter pylori cause of ulcers, which also kicked off the past quarter century of microbiome research.

Some linkies:
Nobel Prize in Physiology, 2005
BJ Marshall;
JR Warren;

wiki;
Eat, Fast and Live Longer (BBC Horizon documentary);
Guardian interview.

edit: linkies
Post edited October 19, 2021 by scientiae
Got off work two hours early today - felt good to just waste them and not giving a fuck about it.
First time sewing! :) Nothing special. Just a couple of holes in a couple of socks. I tend to toss them in the trash and buy new ones, but a friend of a friend of mine said I could extend their life with some simple sewing, so she showed me how. Hope the socks I repaired tonight will survive their first wash. ;)

ConsulCaesar: Have you seen some of the other early Bryan Fuller shows? Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls are hidden gems.
I wasn't aware of Bryan Fuller's earlier shows, but I am very eager to check them out. :) I really liked Pushing Daisies. Thx for the suggestions!
Post edited October 20, 2021 by matterbandit
Some early morning rain, and news of cloudy weather for the next few days.
Spent these last four days in the wild at my buddy's cottage. He's such a generous host! :) As a thank-you, I help him out with physical labour on his land. He gets a chuckle watching his city pal getting all country and clumsy, but he appreciates my help nonetheless. :P
low rated
Got a good laugh on the forums: seems some of the regular low raters have wandered off, albeit they seem to have left some low skill numpty in their place whose "best effort and most brilliant plan" is to low rate everything in every thread I post in.

All I can say to their level of skill and competence(compared to my prior "fans") is: lol

Hmm, maybe if I jingle some keys it'll distract the new low rater(s)?
Post edited October 27, 2021 by GamezRanker
Yesterday evening completed Divinity Original Sin 2. Enjoyable game. Combat wise very deep but it lacks the Exploration focus and story telling of original D&D games like Baldurs gate. Was very happy to have completed it, took a bit of time.
A panel at the CDC has voted to recommend COVID-19 vaccines being available for children down to age 6, so hopefully within a little over a week such vaccinations should start, keeping all of us safer.

(Note: This post applies specifically to the US; other nations have their own schedules and procedures for this.)