It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My niece letting me drive her around a small lake in her baby carriage and having a good time with all those hops and bumps, talking glibberish.
Post edited September 05, 2021 by neumi5694
Good grief, look at what this dude is creating for OpenTTD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq1uAvnrhNQ

I really hope this project comes to fruition, because it looks absolutely incredible!
Got the time to finally start drawing again.
Reminded this evening about an old tale of one of my uncles. Theres lots - and a bunch of variants on this one, but...

In the early 1960s in a small Scottish village, the parish youth coach trip was ready to depart. Booze on this trip was strictly forbidden.

They had been ready to depart for some time, but as was common with these things then, they would wait if one of the ticket holders was late.

My uncle Ali turns up a half hour late pissed out of his skull. Staggering about like a deer thats escaped from a bear trap.

He falls up the steps of the bus and slams into the Minister (priest).

"Yawright NUT?! Ya wanna tinny?"

*Proceeds to hand him a warm can of McEwans, which the Minister opens and drinks half of in one swoop.

"Aye Ali, I am noo that yer here. Was afraid I'd hae tae stay sober wi' these bastards aw day!"
Taco bell gave me extra Diablo packets today, its a little thing but it made me happy.
My new high skin fade haircut. :P
I ate two bowls of rice today, which made me feel very happy.
high rated
Mom's garden yielded so many plums this year! Took 4 baskets home: placed 2 in my fridge for snacking and used 2 other baskets to create a plum sauce for glazing (first time experiment!). Happy with how my recipe turned out. :)
low rated
timppu: Woohoo the electrician just called and he will come to install the charging station for my future electric car next Thursday!

Damn, I will probably storm into the car dealer the same day! I hope they still have some of those cars with 3 week delivery like they did earlier when I visited them, otherwise I'd have to wait 3 months which is quite too much...
Gee must be great to afford a car!

Finally the printer cartridges came now I can print out things
Post edited September 13, 2021 by fr33kSh0w2012
low rated
matterbandit: Mom's garden yielded so many plums this year! Took 4 baskets home: placed 2 in my fridge for snacking and used 2 other baskets to create a plum sauce for glazing (first time experiment!). Happy with how my recipe turned out. :)
I used to love experimenting with new recipes long ago(before irl issues made it harder to do so for me). So many nice things I discovered while doing such....about my tastes, what worked well in cooking, etc.
fr33kSh0w2012: Gee must be great to afford a car!
I will sell my old car for 3000€, maybe even lower. Do you want it? Not sure if you need to move the steering wheel to the other side of the car in Australia... It needs new tires and a replacement for the windshield (there's a crack in the windshield from last winter, that was when I decided it is time for a new car), but other than that it is in a quite good condition for a 13 years old car. If I were to buy new tires and replace the windshield myself, I'd probably keep driving that car for another 5 years or so.

I know some people living in e.g. Thailand rural area, and I am pretty sure they are much poorer than you. They have a very old and rusty Toyota pickup, but hey, if it moves, it moves.

Two weeks ago I rented a van to help with moving some big stuff, and it was in quite a poor shape and had been driven close to 400.000 km already. I am pretty sure it would be cheap too, if one were to buy such van.
low rated
timppu:
Have you seen the prices for used cars in Australia lately over $8000
I ended up getting my first dose of Sinovac today, on my mom's b-day. The other available alternative here is only Astra-Zeneca. My mom's has been pushing me. I don't have much trust in Chinese vaccines. She's been coughing for many months now, although not that often, despite getting the vaccine early. We've never got ourselves tested. I've never got really bad flu symptoms. We always wear our masks.
Brutal Monday. Rough day at work. But, I can safely say that what made me happy today is that nothing made me unhappy today. :P

GamezRanker: I used to love experimenting with new recipes long ago(before irl issues made it harder to do so for me). So many nice things I discovered while doing such....about my tastes, what worked well in cooking, etc.
Let's just say I was very motivated not to let those plums end up in the trash. It took hours to pick them from Mom's trees and they were ripe with flavour, so I kicked myself to find a recipe as fast as I could to save them all! ;)
le_chevalier: I ended up getting my first dose of Sinovac today, on my mom's b-day. The other available alternative here is only Astra-Zeneca. My mom's has been pushing me. I don't have much trust in Chinese vaccines. She's been coughing for many months now, although not that often, despite getting the vaccine early. We've never got ourselves tested. I've never got really bad flu symptoms. We always wear our masks.
I share your concern about the vaccine you received, but tell yourself that some protection is better than zero protection. I'm happy that you are keeping your mom safe by keeping yourself safe. :)
Post edited September 14, 2021 by matterbandit
low rated
matterbandit: Brutal Monday. Rough day at work. But, I can safely say that what made me happy today is that nothing made me unhappy today. :P

Brutal, eh?
And oh well, at least you see the silver lining to it all....optimistic outlook and whatnot. :)
matterbandit: Let's just say I was very motivated not to let those plums end up in the trash. It took hours to pick them from Mom's trees and they were ripe with flavour, so I kicked myself to find a recipe as fast as I could to save them all! ;)
Reminds me of when we had raspberry bushes at our old place....fun times.

--

matterbandit: I share your concern about the vaccine you received, but tell yourself that some protection is better than zero protection.
The actual legitimate concern (not the fearmongering stuff) over the vaccs (things like: some nasty side effects, little to no long term studies or other studies done yet, the makers all asking for protections from lawsuits if people get sick from them, etc) is one of the reasons I won't be getting it for quite some time, if ever.
(i'm also not too old and in somewhat good health, and don't go out much, so little need for it)

As for protection: official sources have sadly stated that one can get/spread it even after being vaccinated. :|
(mainly due to one still being vulnerable to the coof for several weeks or more until the vacc takes full effect)

Of course, there's a silver lining: the new variants seem to be getting weaker over time :)

matterbandit: I'm happy that you are keeping your mom safe by keeping yourself safe. :)
If she had the vacc already, then there'd be no need for others to get one to keep her safe from co-vid.....of course, that said, this is still a nice sentiment. :)
Post edited September 14, 2021 by GamezRanker