It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was finally able to raise my grade for a class that I was failing and preventing me from being eligible to graduate. Still have TONS of work for other classes to turn in, but it's a step in the right direction after years of allowing myself to wander around in the dark.
Just got text messages that all of my kids and grand kids are coming to visit for memorial day. It's been about 3 years since we've all be in the same place at the same time. Can't wait for them to see the new place.
Feels good to have shaved my face! Been lazy lately and my stubble was in that in-between phase: too long for it be a sexy shadow and too short for it to be a proper beard. Been conveniently hiding my neglected face behind a medical mask most of the time, but tonight I finally shaved it. Baby face me is happy. xD
Bought a heated foot massager with the hope that it will help with circulation in the winter months. I absolutely hate my feet starting to feel icy while trying to work and concentrate at my desk in the evenings since it is really distracting (weirdly even socks with shoes often do not help, which is what makes me wonder if perhaps I have poor blood circulation in my feet). So far at least it seems to be working very well.
I've always been annoyed by having to buy canned air to get rid of dust in electronics and elsewhere. They don't seem to last that long (usually one can seems to last like 2 or 3 total dustings of a PC... and I have several), they are not THAT cheap even though they are "just air" (right?), you get some liquid spilling out of the cans once in a while, the cans become cold in hand in use, there is this bad chemical smell...

...so last year I read online about some electric duster, and I wanted one! But, I didn't see any places in Finland selling it, or abroad selling it to Finland. I was specifically looking for this one back then (DataVac):

https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Powerful-Electronic-Environmentally-Friendly/dp/B01FWSYOME

ANYWAY! Yesterday I accidentally saw a local store selling a similar product online, so of course I ordered it! Can't wait to get my hands on it!

https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/135153/eg-2000/it-dusters-compucleaner-xpert-sahkoinen-ilmapuhdistuslaite-musta

All the reviews there are very positive too, the users seem very happy with the product.

There is also another model of this same being sold on the store, 10€ cheaper too, but I ordered this one as it seems to be a bit more powerful (550W vs. 500W), and has two different power levels. So a bit more advanced than the cheaper model.

Dust, begone!
Post edited May 19, 2021 by timppu
I was on the city bus today and the driver made a sudden but safe stop. It was right next to a large park. He quickly popped out of the bus to fetch a soccer ball that had been kicked over a very high fence and he kicked it right back over to the handful of soccer players. Everybody on the bus clapped when he popped back in and carried on driving. Just moments ago, we were a bunch of silent masked passengers and then we were cheering in unison. It made me happy for the rest of the day!
low rated
Not getting the COVID SHOT

[modded: please do not spread misinformation on our forum - ponczo_]
Post edited May 21, 2021 by ponczo_
fr33kSh0w2012: Not getting the COVID SHOT
[redacted]
That website promotes pseudoscience and other nonsense.

https://rationalwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Humans_Are_Free&oldid=2251950
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/humans-are-free/

I would not trust that site. And I would advise you to go get your COVID-19 vaccine; you'll feel much safer if you do.

[modded: I removed the link from the quoted message - ponczo_]
Post edited May 21, 2021 by ponczo_
low rated
dtgreene: And I would advise you to go get your COVID-19 vaccine
NO!
low rated
fr33kSh0w2012: Not getting the COVID SHOT
[redacted]
dtgreene: That website promotes pseudoscience and other nonsense.

https://rationalwiki.org/w/index.php?title=Humans_Are_Free&oldid=2251950
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/humans-are-free/

I would not trust that site. And I would advise you to go get your COVID-19 vaccine; you'll feel much safer if you do.
You used wiki? wiki anyone can edit that!
The weekend has arrived! :D Also, the possibility of lockdown restrictions being lifted so that I can finally visit my best friend end of June is making my summer look brighter. :)
matterbandit: ...
Wait a sec. So you cannot visit each other in Canada? :O
I know about strict restrictions from NHL, because I can see the difference in case of Canadian games - noone sitting in the stands in your country. But not being able to visit someone?
I actually don't have a specific reason to be happy so I'm going the break the rules here by being unreasonably happy! I'm happy...... just because.
Helping my willow fight aphids.
ciemnogrodzianin: Wait a sec. So you cannot visit each other in Canada? :O
I know about strict restrictions from NHL, because I can see the difference in case of Canadian games - noone sitting in the stands in your country. But not being able to visit someone?
Long story short: for almost a year now, where I live was tagged a red zone and my friend lives in a non-red zone (very few covid cases), so it was prohibited for us red zoners to visit them. Now, naturally, some people ignored this restriction and managed to sneak in little road trips with their cars, as road blocks were not always effective. But because I rely on bus to travel in between neighbouring regions, the bus companies had no choice but to respect the government restrictions and hence, the route from where I live to where my friend lives was cancelled. Until very recently!

If I may: what made me happy today? I purchased my bus ticket to visit my friend towards the end of June! :)
Post edited May 23, 2021 by matterbandit