It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bike ride with kids.
And playing HoM&M2 in hot seats mode with them – and hey, they've liked it! :D
The weather was unusually good (compared to the full winter we had last week), so I had a good opportunity to test out the hybrid bicycle I bought used a few weeks ago. This was great fun.
I pulled a lower back muscle tilling my Mom's garden two days ago. Happy to be in much, much less pain today.
Dumplings with mango and passion fruit.
I built my first desktop and it works.

It WORKS!

Iiiiiiiiit woooooooorrrrrrks!

I HAVE CREATED LIFE!!!!!
Sachys: I built my first desktop and it works.

It WORKS!

Iiiiiiiiit woooooooorrrrrrks!

I HAVE CREATED LIFE!!!!!
Congratulations and enjoy your creation! Now go play some games :)
The ink is dry on the home (sold) I've lived in with my wife and kids for the last 18 years. It was just too big now that the kids are all grown and scattered about with their own families. We move into a 1 floor ranch home in July. I now have to sell my arcade cabs and LAN desktop stations as the days of the LAN/Arcade basement have come to an end.

Onward to new adventures!
Arcadius-8606: The ink is dry on the home (sold) I've lived in with my wife and kids for the last 18 years. It was just too big now that the kids are all grown and scattered about with their own families. We move into a 1 floor ranch home in July. I now have to sell my arcade cabs and LAN desktop stations as the days of the LAN/Arcade basement have come to an end.

Onward to new adventures!
Congratulations! What a coincidence. I just closed on selling my house yesterday. On to bigger and better things! Selling a house that wasn't the right fit does feel very hopeful, doesn't it?
StationaryNomad: Congratulations! What a coincidence. I just closed on selling my house yesterday. On to bigger and better things! Selling a house that wasn't the right fit does feel very hopeful, doesn't it?
Indeed. It was the right size when we got it. We had a bunch of young kids and teens at the time but now that all of them are grown and with their own place to live it was time to downsize. I'm going to miss having the gaming basement for sure but the amount of maintenance was taking it's toll. The new place will only have enough decent space for about 4 active desktops (2 HTPCs and 2 Gaming Rigs).
I received a raise from my employer. I believe it is an attempt to keep me on the payroll. Work conditions are terrible and I'm yearning for greener pastures. But for today, news of that extra cash made me happy.
matterbandit: I received a raise from my employer. I believe it is an attempt to keep me on the payroll. Work conditions are terrible and I'm yearning for greener pastures. But for today, news of that extra cash made me happy.
Ask for some Wellington boots and a pitchfork on top. When they ask why, tell them you intend to leave to start a slurry farm - for it is preferable to the shit you have to put up with everyday!

;)

(or don't and just amuse yourself with the thought at least).

As to me - I AM LOVING my first desktop!!!

Playing games I coulldnt run before is only the start. Soon ill be 3d modelling again, doing video editing and much more. Theres been some teething issues but slowly theyre getting ironed out and I feel like i really did something building my own pc.

Regardless of what else this year throws at me, I have that much! :)
Post edited May 05, 2021 by Sachys
Sachys: As to me - I AM LOVING my first desktop!!!

Playing games I coulldnt run before is only the start. Soon ill be 3d modelling again, doing video editing and much more. Theres been some teething issues but slowly theyre getting ironed out and I feel like i really did something building my own pc.
Congrats on building your first rig! :) It must be such a satisfying feeling! For my current desktop, I selected and purchased all of the parts myself, but did not have the confidence to piece it together, so I paid someone to physically build it for me. The next time I upgrade, I hope to accomplish what you did and piece it all from scratch myself. ;)
Sachys: As to me - I AM LOVING my first desktop!!!

matterbandit: Congrats on building your first rig! :) It must be such a satisfying feeling! For my current desktop, I selected and purchased all of the parts myself, but did not have the confidence to piece it together, so I paid someone to physically build it for me. The next time I upgrade, I hope to accomplish what you did and piece it all from scratch myself. ;)
it was pretty straightforwards - though the fiddly screws, rotating the heavy case etc really messed with my arthritis and back problems.

then i had to tidy the cables! D:

but yeah, a worthwhile experience!
There is an extremely dangerous power struggle in our leading political party, with the country's fate hanging in the balance. Today the most powerful acting governmental figure on the completely amoral, corrupt and thieving side, Ace Magashule, got suspended pending a criminal trail.
Not out of the woods yet by any means, but this seems like the first real step away from the knife edge South Africa has been teetering on since the ANC got rid of zuma.
Post edited May 05, 2021 by Matewis
After 16 hours of continuous work I've just launched a process that will take several hours so I suppose can go to sleep now :) Good night!