It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Replaying The Messenger in preparation for another go at the DLC, managed to run away from the giant penis on the first try.
So I finished playing The Room for the second time (great game) and learned there is a 4th game: The Room: Old Sins!!!
Happy that a certain "red candle" company has started selling their games on their own site DRM-free.

There's not much selection (only 2 games), and they're not actually games I am personally interested in, but I'm glad they're legally available to those that want them (and are able and willing to pay the asking price, of course).

(Hint: The games' titles start with "De" and end with "tion".)
Some adjustments to my raspberry pi 4's configuration, and I've nor removed the black border (so I get the full screen) and YouTube videos now run smoothly at 720p60. (Haven't tried 1080p60, and haven't tried Zoom with this config yet.)
dtgreene: Happy that a certain "red candle" company has started selling their games on their own site DRM-free.
yeah, it made me smile, even if I don't care much about their games -
I cooked for my flatmate and walked some 15000 steps - I have my smartband working again. Did some Super Hexagon and now I'd try to finish the Night of the Rabbit and then the Neil Gaiman novel I'm reading for the first time, the Ocean at the End of the Lane.
Both the game and the novel are not specifically for kids but iI would say are appealing for younger audiences given that the protagonist is a 12 year old in the first or remembering advendures from his childhood in the latter. But still enjoyable for adults. I like kids stuff anyway, who am I lying to.
I also got me some more serious stuff, essays, and I'm back to reading the news in German and Japanese.
Dogmaus: I also got me some more serious stuff, essays, and I'm back to reading the news in German and Japanese.
Have you noticed any differences between German news and Japanese news (other than the language, of course)?
Dogmaus: I also got me some more serious stuff, essays, and I'm back to reading the news in German and Japanese.
dtgreene: Have you noticed any differences between German news and Japanese news (other than the language, of course)?
It's a hard question, I would say both have high standards for writing and sources. I have noticed that Japanese news tend to specify more clearly if news need further validation or it's a rumor mill. Compared to Italian news, that I consider badly written trash for the most, they are both gold. Maybe Japanese news are more dry in style, and Germans like to tell a story with more detail, but it might be what I'm picking or just an impression.
Also, I might be less critical when reading in a language in which I'm less proficient. It might be that as I get more fluent I will notice or get in touch with worse, or less good stuff.
Post edited March 16, 2021 by Dogmaus
Learning a bit about multi-core processing.
ciemnogrodzianin: Learning a bit about multi-core processing.
That can be fun.

Also, you might need to learn about the pitfalls of concurrency, and how different programming languages tackle them. (Erlang and Rust are two good languages to look at, as they take different approaches.)

Edit: Another fun thing to learn about is GPU programming, which is massively parallel and has its own quirks.
Post edited March 16, 2021 by dtgreene
Nevermind.
Post edited March 17, 2021 by 2021AD
I now have a vaccine appointment.
Mortal Kombat Theme – medieval cover :D
One of the chickens where I'm currently staying (the boldest of the eight that are here) loves to wander around all on her own (away from the rest of the flock) to search for worms, earwigs and other such morsels (so what she finds, she keeps, smart chicken...).

I was in the yard working, and saw her pecking around searching unsuccessfully for said morsels. At which point she came scampering towards me, thinking I may have some food (as I have feed them on occasion, when indoors). So, not having any food on my person, I decided to lift some of the items laying around the yard (rubber mats, buckets, dumpy sacks etc) in hope there maybe some poor unsuspecting creatures beneath them. And low and behold..., let's just say, she was as happy as a pig in sh*t. She must have thought all her Christmas's had come all at once... I ended up lift or moving almost every item in the yard, as she knew there must be goodies under everything, and there was... But it was fun just watching her reaction at seeing all these creatures she would have otherwise missed. :)
A day late, but:

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 34 made my day for this week. Just need next week to complete the feeling. :)
Niggles: Being able to sleep more than 8hours..
^ This is what made me happy today. I think I slept a good 13 hours straight! Been functioning on 4 hours of sleep for the past week (not good!) and today my body simply surrendered to sweet slumber. :)