It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bad_fur_day1: Nope, but very good guess.

Just thought I'd mention as well they are not some obscure titles, they have wide release. The second one is particularly famous.
Yeah the second one looks so familar but I can't place it. I use to be such a horror buff many years ago. I'll see if I can find my thinking cap.

Creepshow for the first one?
Tarnicus: Creepshow for the first one?
Nope, but again good guess. It's around the same time as both of the ones you mentioned.

It might come to you, what is the hand doing exactly?
Post edited August 09, 2015 by bad_fur_day1
bad_fur_day1: Nope, but again good guess. It's around the same time as both of the ones you mentioned.

It might come to you, what is the hand doing exactly?
I got it finally - House!!
Tarnicus: I got it finally - House!!
You are correct! The second one was Last House on the Left, one of the most influential of the video nasties, directed by Wes Craven. Your turn.
Tarnicus: I got it finally - House!!
bad_fur_day1: You are correct! The second one was Last House on the Left, one of the most influential of the video nasties, directed by Wes Craven. Your turn.
I've seen a lot of Wes Craven movies but not that one. It was slightly before my time - and how is a movie released in 1972 "around the same time" as the 80s? That threw me :)

I like this game and will have to bookmark the thread. I've been awake for 35 hours or so, so I hope this one is quick :D This was one of my favourite movie in the 80s. I'll give hints if need be but am curious to see if anyone manages to guess it from this pic. The actress was unforgettable in this movie :)
Attachments:
neked.jpeg (34 Kb)
Tarnicus: I've been awake for 35 hours or so, so I hope this one is quick :D This was one of my favourite movie in the 80s. I'll give hints if need be but am curious to see if anyone manages to guess it from this pic. The actress was unforgettable in this movie :)
Lifeforce. That quick enough for ya? :D

Awesome movie. Insanity elevated to an art form.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by Breja
Tarnicus: I've been awake for 35 hours or so, so I hope this one is quick :D This was one of my favourite movie in the 80s. I'll give hints if need be but am curious to see if anyone manages to guess it from this pic. The actress was unforgettable in this movie :)
Breja: Lifeforce. That quick enough for ya? :D

Awesome movie. Insanity elevated to an art form.
You legend and thank you for allowing me to head off to rest! Matilda May *drools* I might have been prepubescent but wow what an amazing looking woman she was (and possibly is, I haven't see pics of her at 50). Your turn :)

Edit: I just checked and she looks stunning for her age. I wonder if she's had any work done to keep her looking so good or if it is a combination of genes and lifestyle.
Post edited August 09, 2015 by Tarnicus
Tarnicus: You legend and thank you for allowing me to head off to rest! Matilda May *drools* I might have been prepubescent but wow what an amazing looking woman she was
The wholem ovie was amazing. I mean, if the premise of naked space vampires from Haley's Comet wasn't enough, the music was fantastic, the special effects were waaay better than one would expect from that kind of movie, and there is pre-Star Trek Patrick Stewart.

Give me a few minutes, I have to come up with something good:)

EDIT: Okay, I've got it. Probably an easy one.
Attachments:
chainsaw.jpg (60 Kb)
Post edited August 09, 2015 by Breja
Breja: The wholem ovie was amazing. I mean, if the premise of naked space vampires from Haley's Comet wasn't enough, the music was fantastic, the special effects were waaay better than one would expect from that kind of movie, and there is pre-Star Trek Patrick Stewart.

Yes the movie was amazing, I didn't just like it for the full frontal nude of a gorgeous looking woman lol. I was pretty scared by it as a kid. I remember seeing Halley's Comet in...1986 I think from memory? Interesting if it was then as Lifeforce came out in 1985, so that was good timing.
Tarnicus: and how is a movie released in 1972 "around the same time" as the 80s? That threw me :)
Sorry, I was referring to your Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt guesses of the first movie, House.
Doh, I knew HOUSE and Last House on the Left right away, but don't know this one!

I don't recommend Last House on the Left unless you're into torture+rape horror.
drealmer7: I don't recommend Last House on the Left unless you're into torture+rape horror.
To avoid fainting keep repeating,
It's only a movie
..only a movie
..only a movie
House was a great movie to watch as a kid.
The poster of had that 80s look.
https://discdoesretro.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/house_1986.jpg

Anyway I know the movie but I'll hold off posting so someone else can guess it.
Breja: The wholem ovie was amazing. I mean, if the premise of naked space vampires from Haley's Comet wasn't enough, the music was fantastic, the special effects were waaay better than one would expect from that kind of movie, and there is pre-Star Trek Patrick Stewart.

EDIT: Okay, I've got it. Probably an easy one.
Lizards with chainsaws is an easy one? I guess it would be if you'd seen it lol. Er internet research is struggling with this one. I'm going to say Oblivion(aka Welcome to Oblivion) or its sequel, Oblivion 2. The image looks more like the latter in terms of colour, lighting and quality but buggered if I know!

bad_fur_day1: Sorry, I was referring to your Creepshow and Tales from the Crypt guesses of the first movie, House.
Hehe it was my lack of reading comprehension due to missing sleep :)
Tarnicus: Lizards with chainsaws is an easy one? I guess it would be if you'd seen it lol.
Well, it is distinct is what I meant.

Tarnicus: Er internet research is struggling with this one. I'm going to say Oblivion(aka Welcome to Oblivion) or its sequel, Oblivion 2. The image looks more like the latter in terms of colour, lighting and quality but buggered if I know!
Nope, neither of those.

Here, maybe this will help
Attachments: