It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No guesses?
Here's another picture with more of the main cast.
Please let me know if you want some concrete facts, just so you can home in on it.
Although some might find it a forgettable experience, it has cemented itself in my memory.
Attachments:
Post edited October 25, 2014 by Floydinizer
Floydinizer: No guesses?
Here's another picture with more of the main cast.
Please let me know if you want some concrete facts, just so you can home in on it.
Although some might find it a forgettable experience, it has cemented itself in my memory.
I'm afraid I still have no clue. Is it a UK flick?
lemm_: I'm afraid I still have no clue. Is it a UK flick?
No, it is scandinavian. I don't know if you can say any of the cast are famous in a movie-star sense, but one special lady in the film had her first(i think) big role in High Fidelity(2000).
You might know the director if you followed the wave of popularity for Swedish crime-fiction a few years ago.
It took a bit of time in the internet but it should be Portland, right?
lemm_: I'm afraid I still have no clue. Is it a UK flick?
Floydinizer: No, it is scandinavian. I don't know if you can say any of the cast are famous in a movie-star sense, but one special lady in the film had her first(i think) big role in High Fidelity(2000).
You might know the director if you followed the wave of popularity for Swedish crime-fiction a few years ago.
Found the actres but yeah no idea whatsoever...
Floydinizer: No, it is scandinavian. I don't know if you can say any of the cast are famous in a movie-star sense, but one special lady in the film had her first(i think) big role in High Fidelity(2000).
Dohogerse: Found the actres but yeah no idea whatsoever...
I think Freak92 is right, it should be Portland - at least according to a still I found via a quick image search. Good find, by the way!
Freak92: It took a bit of time in the internet but it should be Portland, right?
Yes correct!
I wrote 'cement' and 'concrete' with bold letters in my previous post because the film's name is also a reference to type of cement called Portland.
Your turn :)

Maybe the movie is too unknown, it's no fun tracking down the movie through wikipedia articles and such. I just gave it a shot because I've seen smaller foreign movies posted before.
Ok, my movie is a little indie production for the brain.
Attachments:
Freak92: Ok, my movie is a little indie production for the brain.
Oh, a nice one. I've seen it in several lists of "movies of x-genre you should see".
Primer!
Freak92: It took a bit of time in the internet but it should be Portland, right?
Floydinizer: Yes correct!
I wrote 'cement' and 'concrete' with bold letters in my previous post because the film's name is also a reference to type of cement called Portland.
Your turn :)

Floydinizer: Maybe the movie is too unknown, it's no fun tracking down the movie through wikipedia articles and such. I just gave it a shot because I've seen smaller foreign movies posted before.
Would you recommend watching it?
Post edited October 25, 2014 by lemm_
lemm_: Primer!
I bet you used "search image by google" ;)
madth3: Oh, a nice one. I've seen it in several lists of "movies of x-genre you should see".
Yeah, I discovered it just 2 weeks ago thanks to such a list, and I really liked it very much!
lemm_: Primer!
Yes, correct! Was it that easy? :-)
So, it's lemm_'s turn now!
Post edited October 25, 2014 by Freak92
lemm_: Would you recommend watching it?
Hmm, that's a bit hard to answer. The movie as a whole isn't fantastic, at least storywise, but individual scenes and characters are very good. It does a very good job of creating a gritty, grimy mood.
It's basically a trip though the lowest criminal underworld(not highly organized crime, just the dog-eat-dog world of the slum) with some very black humor mixed in.
It's very hard to guess if you'll enjoy it or not :)
BanKulin, no, I actually saw the movie and recognized it at once. I still have to watch the director's second movie Upstream Color though.

lemm_: Would you recommend watching it?
Floydinizer: Hmm, that's a bit hard to answer. The movie as a whole isn't fantastic, at least storywise, but individual scenes and characters are very good. It does a very good job of creating a gritty, grimy mood.
It's basically a trip though the lowest criminal underworld(not highly organized crime, just the dog-eat-dog world of the slum) with some very black humor mixed in.
It's very hard to guess if you'll enjoy it or not :)
Ah, okay. Black humor sounds good, though. ;)

Here's my entry:
Attachments:
diner.jpg (22 Kb)
lemm_: Ah, okay. Black humor sounds good, though. ;)

Here's my entry:
Spider.