It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

LoboBlanco: Ok, let's see about this one...
Not One Less?

I'm a sucker for Asian Cinema, this one is a great film.

P.S. In case I did get it right, someone take my turn as I'll be AFK for the next few days. :-)
LoboBlanco: Ok, let's see about this one...
HypersomniacLive: Not One Less?

I'm a sucker for Asian Cinema, this one is a great film.

P.S. In case I did get it right, someone take my turn as I'll be AFK for the next few days. :-)
Exactly, great movie.
I discovered asian cinema through a video club, thought I was going to have to put a new "hint" :P
Since Hypersomniac passed up his turn

http://i.imgur.com/gC8UMSw.jpg
Mr.Caine: Since Hypersomniac passed up his turn

Is it french?
Mr.Caine: Since Hypersomniac passed up his turn

LoboBlanco: Is it french?
Nah
Amelie
Strijkbout: Amelie
That one´s french :P
Strijkbout: Amelie
LoboBlanco: That one´s french :P
Really?
I thought it was Austrian. =/
looks like some hints are needed.it's a famous european(not french :P) movie from the 90's that spawned a hollywood remake mere 5 years later.
LoboBlanco: Is it french?
Mr.Caine: Nah
The Vanishing?
Mr.Caine: Nah
Dohogerse: The Vanishing?
nah
Mr.Caine: looks like some hints are needed.it's a famous european(not french :P) movie from the 90's that spawned a hollywood remake mere 5 years later.
Das Boot remade as U-571 by the Americans.
Mr.Caine: looks like some hints are needed.it's a famous european(not french :P) movie from the 90's that spawned a hollywood remake mere 5 years later.
Strijkbout: Das Boot remade as U-571 by the Americans.
Nope.
Strijkbout: Das Boot remade as U-571 by the Americans.
There was a remake? oO?
Why? Das Boot is an excellent movie and stuff like this isn't made anymore.

Hopefully it's not as bad as the George Clooney remake of Solyaris, it was like spitting bubble gum on Tarkovsky's (you all know S.t.a.l.k.e.r., right?) grave.
I expect the worst when it comes to American remakes.
Post edited August 25, 2014 by Klumpen0815
The color schemes and furnitures makes me think about northern Europe like Aki Kaurismaki's movies but if there was a remake, I guess we should look more in the direction of Spain. The Balkans were still at war so that's not an option and concerning Central/Eastern Europe, the famous directors (Tarkovski, Kieslowski, etc.) were dead or inactive.

Was it featured in Cannes?