It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spectre: Is it bus 174?
Correct. It's won numerous awards and has been cited as one of the best documentaries of the decade.

I couldn't find a trailer that looks original but you can watch the film in full on youtube.

Description:

"A young man from a poor background, bungled a robbery and ended up holding the passengers on a bus hostage for four hours. The event was caught live on television. The movie examines the incident and what life is like in the slums and favelas of Rio de Janeiro and how the criminal justice system in Brazil treats the lower classes. Within the film, Padilha interviews former and current street children, members of the Rio police force, the highly regarded Rio BOPE police team, family members, and sociologists in order to gain insight into what led Nascimento to carry out the hijacking."

Hint answers:

Jose Padilha recently created Narcos for Netflix and directed the reboot of Robocop. His previous film Elite Squad 2 (The Enemy Within) was the highest grossing film of all time in Brazil (also available on Netflix).
xSinghx: Hint answers:

Jose Padilha recently created Narcos for Netflix and directed the reboot of Robocop. His previous film Elite Squad 2 (The Enemy Within) was the highest grossing film of all time in Brazil (also available on Netflix).
See, what confused me was that Gary Alazraki, who made The Noble Family (the most financially succesful Mexican movie of all time) recently made Club de Cuervos, a Netflix original series. And it didn't occur to me that in a bizzarre coincidence there might be a second guy who also fits those specific hints.
I thought it was another director too at first.
The next film is a short film.
Attachments:
gog6.jpg (48 Kb)
gog7.jpg (112 Kb)
Klumpen0815: No.

Next hint:
It's from 200x.
Tarnicus: Is that Mr Hanky on the coffee table? :P
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo
He loves me I love you
Therefore vicariously he loves you
I can make a Mr Hankey too!
(fart noise)
It was made this decade.
Attachments:
gog8.jpg (105 Kb)
gog10.jpg (88 Kb)
Post edited November 04, 2015 by Spectre
Another clue is that is was BAFTA nominated in 2012.
Is the film "Bobby Yeah"?
TARFU: Is the film "Bobby Yeah"?
YEAH!
So... how about posting something to keep the thread alive?
Breja: So... how about posting something to keep the thread alive?
It's...
Post edited November 12, 2015 by Klumpen0815
Many have been lost to the ideological persecution complex that is the gg thread.

I think it's time we move on and just have someone else pick something.
Alright, I'm taking over. New movie.
Attachments:
thebirds.jpg (80 Kb)
Leroux: Alright, I'm taking over. New movie.
Rubber?
Leroux: Alright, I'm taking over. New movie.
LesterKnight99: Rubber?
Yes. Your turn!
LesterKnight99: Rubber?
Leroux: Yes. Your turn!
Here we go.

This is from a made-for-TV documentary, but the majority of it is an animated sci-fi story, so it technically counts as a film with real-life commentary.
Attachments: