It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hmm looks like it is from Kurosawa, I think you're right.
All movies I've seen of Kurosawa so far are in black & white, the newest one being Sanjuro from 1962. I really should watch some of his later work. And I still haven't watched one of his most influental works, Rashomon.
I think Dersu Uzala is right. I haven't seen it, but Kurosawa is my probably my all time favorite director. I've been lucky enough to see six of his films on the big screen.
ArthurYanthar: Oh! I've seen clips of this but I haven't seen the film... even if I love Kurosawa. I really gotta get around to it soon. Dersu Uzala.
It is a slow movie but very good nonetheless (based on a true story I think).
But anyway, you are right and it's your turn.
I'll stick to b-movies since most of the films I've seen here are usually those kinds.
Attachments:
head.jpg (256 Kb)
Post edited April 07, 2013 by ArthurYanthar
ArthurYanthar: I'll stick to b-movies since most of the films I've seen here are usually those kinds.
Holy f#$%! Clearly this is a movie I need to see.
ArthurYanthar: I'll stick to b-movies since most of the films I've seen here are usually those kinds.
mwb1100: Holy f#$%! Clearly this is a movie I need to see.
Ditto. I feel terrible. I can't tell you how upset I get when I see a still like that and realize a) I haven't seen it and b) I don't own the 2 disc special edition DVD of it.
Wtf is this? And here I though I've heard about most strange movies, but that one looks really bizarre. By the look of it it is a Asian movie, very probably japanese. But no idea what movie that couls be.
Seems I have to brush up on weird japanese horror movies.
Gabelvampir: Wtf is this? And here I though I've heard about most strange movies, but that one looks really bizarre. By the look of it it is a Asian movie, very probably japanese. But no idea what movie that couls be.
Japan hasn't TOTALLY cornered the market, but the majority of great strange horrow movies I've been watching have been coming from them. The Eye, the Grudge to name a couple (the Japanese versions not the remakes obviously) and there was also a GREAT GREAT GREAT one on the other night I can't remember the name of about a newspaper that tells people what is going to happen. I used to think I had watched so many horror movies that I had become jaded, but these all manage to spook me pretty good.
Yeah I know that Japan hasn't cornered the market for weird (horror) movies, but about everything from Japan seems at least a tad weirder than compareable western things to me because of the cultural barrier.
I was thinking the movie looked Indian, and the creature looks like a Penanggalan.

Tiny, there was a tv show about a guy who got tomorrow's paper delivered every day. I think he was a cop or something and used the paper to stop crimes.
Gabelvampir: Wtf is this? And here I though I've heard about most strange movies, but that one looks really bizarre. By the look of it it is a Asian movie, very probably japanese. But no idea what movie that couls be.
tinyE: Japan hasn't TOTALLY cornered the market, but the majority of great strange horrow movies I've been watching have been coming from them. The Eye, the Grudge to name a couple (the Japanese versions not the remakes obviously) and there was also a GREAT GREAT GREAT one on the other night I can't remember the name of about a newspaper that tells people what is going to happen. I used to think I had watched so many horror movies that I had become jaded, but these all manage to spook me pretty good.
And you should watch also some ANIME horror movies, they're GREAT as well. :P
BlueMooner: I was thinking the movie looked Indian, and the creature looks like a Penanggalan.

Tiny, there was a tv show about a guy who got tomorrow's paper delivered every day. I think he was a cop or something and used the paper to stop crimes.
The one I watched was definitely Japanese and it was definitely horror. It had this beautful, totally unexpected scene, of this poor woman getting hit square by an 18 wheeler. I gasped and then I laughed. :D
BlueMooner: I was thinking the movie looked Indian, and the creature looks like a Penanggalan.

No he wasn't a cop, just a everyday man with friends, a blind woman among them. And a cat delivered the newspaper. I just can't remember the english title of the series atm.

Edit: Oh yeah of course, the series was called "Early Edition". The german name (I watched it here on TV in the dubbed version) was "Allein gegen die Zukunft" (tanrslated Alone against the Future, which is not a good title as he was not really alone, but that is normal for german translations for the last 20 years or so).
Post edited April 07, 2013 by Gabelvampir
I guess I'll add another image with 2 hints. It was made in the 80s, and it's from Hong Kong (not japanese :P). If still nothing comes up tomorrow I'll provide another hint which will definitely help with the guessing process.
Attachments:
write.jpg (29 Kb)
Boxer's Omen.

That movie is all kinds of fucked-up. The first time I saw it I was home sick from school. A friend had loaned me a bunch of Hong Kong films taped off SBS, so I started with Mr. Vampire and then watched this.

I threw up at the scene with the eel.