It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

triock: Here you are.
Is that Shade: Wrath of Angels?
triock: Here you are.
Kasbe_DRC: Is that Shade: Wrath of Angels?
Yes it is. ;)
This one is probably fairly easy.
Attachments:
socks.png (15 Kb)
Kasbe_DRC: This one is probably fairly easy.
Abuse. Erm, the game, not the act.
Post edited January 15, 2013 by desnoscross
Kasbe_DRC: This one is probably fairly easy.
desnoscross: Abuse. Erm, the game, not the act.
Yes it is. I used to love it.
Fresh from the Famicom. Almost pulled the thing off the table, friggin' short wires.
Attachments:
desnoscross: Fresh from the Famicom. Almost pulled the thing off the table, friggin' short wires.
How about a hint?
Surprised no one has actually got this one yet.

I recognised the character straight away, popular kids program all over the world.

It is Power Rangers on the NES

Proof (1st level) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX4MpJSW6B0

Next one attached
Attachments:
old.png (10 Kb)
Post edited January 16, 2013 by Iain
Iain: It is Power Rangers on the NES

Proof (1st level) :

Wait a minute. They still made NES games in '96?! That's crazy.
Iain: It is Power Rangers on the NES

Proof (1st level) :

mistermumbles: Wait a minute. They still made NES games in '96?! That's crazy.
I know, same with the Master System. Games still landed and usually what happened during late 80's and early 90's is that you passed a console down to younger siblings when you got something new.

The NES (Famicon) was the only machine I never owned back then, at the time was into the C64 & Amiga and played on my brothers Megadrive (Genesis)
Iain: Surprised no one has actually got this one yet.

I recognised the character straight away, popular kids program all over the world.

Proof (1st level) :
The game is actually called Choujin Sentai Jetman, but given that the video you submitted is footage of a hacked ROM of said game, you are not technically wrong. Granted, the only thing hacked is the title screen, the game was actually released in '91, 2 years before Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger came to the states as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The game never actually saw a release in the states.
Post edited January 16, 2013 by desnoscross
Iain: Surprised no one has actually got this one yet.

Proof (1st level) :
desnoscross: The game is actually called Choujin Sentai Jetman, but given that the video you submitted is footage of a hacked ROM of said game, you are not technically wrong. Granted, the only thing hacked is the title screen, the game was actually released in '91, 2 years before Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger came to the states as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The game never actually saw a release in the states.
Its a funny one this, for example : Universal Soldier on the Megadrive (Genesis) was actually a rebranded version of Turrican 2 with a few different stages and weapons. So what I am thinking at the minute is the original game you have posted up there was rebranded as Power Rangers and released to America / Europe etc where under the Power Rangers brand / name would be recognised and popular to get sales.
desnoscross: The game is actually called Choujin Sentai Jetman, but given that the video you submitted is footage of a hacked ROM of said game, you are not technically wrong. Granted, the only thing hacked is the title screen, the game was actually released in '91, 2 years before Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger came to the states as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. The game never actually saw a release in the states.
Iain: Its a funny one this, for example : Universal Soldier on the Megadrive (Genesis) was actually a rebranded version of Turrican 2 with a few different stages and weapons. So what I am thinking at the minute is the original game you have posted up there was rebranded as Power Rangers and released to America / Europe etc where under the Power Rangers brand / name would be recognised and popular to get sales.
While your theory is interesting, Choujin Sentai Jetman was the generation of the Super Sentai television series that aired before Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger, which was the generation that was adapted into Power Rangers in the states. Inspection of the ROM hack shows that the only effort to "rebrand" the game into Power Rangers made was in the name on the title screen, only. The game retained the same "Mech" as Choujin Sentai Jetman, and the character sprites were not made to resemble the Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger/Power Rangers characters
Flat-out, it would just have been out of the realm of feasibility to attempt to believably pass this game off as a Power Rangers game, when they could have easily attempted to do so with the game
that actually featured the generation of Super Sentai that was adapted into the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers television series (Note : The video shown is a translated ROM, the actual game never came to the states.) Man, did the URL encoder break recently, or something? Here's the link, again. url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdiUItYNpfs
Further research has shown that the last game released for the Famicom was in 1994, and the last NES game was released in 1995. Also, 1996 was the year when Mighty Morphin' Alien Rangers, and Power Rangers Zeo
aired, both of which employed stock footage from different generations of the Super Sentai series.
Post edited January 16, 2013 by desnoscross
Iain: Next one attached
Am I the only one who still enjoy this thread or am I the only one who knows the answer? I hope it' the second. Anyway it's Blade Warrior
Iain: Next one attached
Ghorpm: Am I the only one who still enjoy this thread or am I the only one who knows the answer? I hope it' the second. Anyway it's Blade Warrior
I LOVE this thread. I just also happen to suck at it. :)