It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wulfc: How about this?
Pretty sure I've played a demo of that. Will need to look through my PC Gamer disks again when I get home...
Aniketos: Seems like they might be in the process of making it but I haven't seen any media releases of what it looks like. I doubt it'll be close to what it was like in the first 6 months-year of the game.
Skreczi: they have shown some pics of mosquito, vanguard, terran republic soldier and galaxy - check at planetside-universe
Thanks... and wow... that new galaxy looks sweet!
Found it, Pyrotechnica

I remembered that it had something to do with fire :)
TheEnigmaticT: I've played this game, but I have no idea. But if that's the game I *think* it is, I've been trying to remember the name of it for years. Could one of you guys be a kindly soul and reply to me when this one's been answered so I come in here and see what the name is?
Pretty sure my guess is right :)
Post edited May 19, 2011 by kalirion
kalirion: Found it, Pyrotechnica

TheEnigmaticT: I've played this game, but I have no idea. But if that's the game I *think* it is, I've been trying to remember the name of it for years. Could one of you guys be a kindly soul and reply to me when this one's been answered so I come in here and see what the name is?
kalirion: Pretty sure my guess is right :)
Nice. For a moment, it reminded me of Virus: The Game for some reason...
Anyway, I'm going to assume that my guess was correct, and post an easy one:
Attachments:
comanche.jpg (446 Kb)
kalirion: Found it, Pyrotechnica

Pretty sure my guess is right :)
Thanks for the call back. That game is definitely Pyrotechnica (and was quite a fun game), but my princess appears to be in another castle. Curses.
It is, of course, Pyrotechnica, quite right. Sorry for the delay. Annoyingly, I'm having difficulties configuring DOSbox to play it... it'll run straight through DOSbox with no config and no sound, but I can't get it with sound at present...

I'm sure I've played the new one as a demo on a magazine CD... no idea of the mane though!
I'm surprised it's taking so long for people to guess my game. I know it's not a big name/budget title, but still...

A hint - it's a kind of a "standalone expansion" to the second game in the series.

Edit: All right, new pic.
Attachments:
Post edited May 21, 2011 by kalirion
Honestly people, everything you need to find the game has already been given...
Air Hawk 2?
Looks like AirStrike II.
Adzeth: Air Hawk 2?
I was going to say No, but then googled it, and apparently it's an alternate name (either that or one of the games is a carbon copy of the other.) Mine's called "AirStrike 3D II: Gulf Thunder". Which is an expansion to AirStrike 3D II, which I guess was also called Air Hawk 2. I'll accept it :)

Anyway, your turn!
My favorite game of its genre. Sadly, I've misplaced my cd and setup.exe, so I had to use youtube footage print screen stuff. Hence the low quality of the image.
Attachments:
gradius.jpg (91 Kb)
Adzeth: My favorite game of its genre. Sadly, I've misplaced my cd and setup.exe, so I had to use youtube footage print screen stuff. Hence the low quality of the image.
Jets 'n' Guns Gold Edition!
Adzeth: My favorite game of its genre. Sadly, I've misplaced my cd and setup.exe, so I had to use youtube footage print screen stuff. Hence the low quality of the image.
Ermac: Jets 'n' Guns Gold Edition!
Absolutely correct! Your turn.

/edit mention: I was hoping I'd get to use this as a hint if no one got it. That game is teh awesome.
Post edited May 22, 2011 by Adzeth