It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dark_art_: (...)
Rectum.

Sorry but just had to do it, don't know wich game though.
Hello Dark_art_!
;-)

kalirion: Whatever it is, it's pretty good graphics for seemingly not-3D Accelerated. Unless it's a modern game using retro pixel look. Or a pre-rendered cutscene. I hope it's a game and not some demoscene thing :)
Hello kalirion!
True, some scenes look surprisingly impressive in this game. Although, the chosen scene from the first picture is indeed a cutscene, but I do not know, whether it is a pre-rendered one, or not.

maxleod: Terminal Velocity?
Hello maxleod!
No, it is not from "Terminal Velocity". The actual game is not that old.

csanjuro: (...) my guess is either Silent hill 4 or DooM 3
Hello csanjuro!

Sorry, the game is neither a "Silent Hill" nor any of the "Doom" games.

Austrobogulator: Definitely not Doom 3
Hello Austrobogulator!
You are right, that is not from "Doom 3".

Thanks for all your responses! I guess it is time for another image.
This second picture has something in common with the first one (and it is not the pixel count).

Kind regards,
foxgog
Attachments:
Requiem: Avenging Angel?
Batman: Arkham Asylum?
Does anyone remember the name of an old game with its own fantasy world adjacent to Norse mythology? You had to manage your clan, could set thralls, ran into dragons/talking lizards/etc, seasons changed, and fought other clans but not directly.

I know it was on gog at one point but I don't remember the name and can't find it anymore.
DToastage: snip
https://www.gog.com/en/game/king_of_dragon_pass
But this is not the right thread for question like this. ;)
DToastage: snip
triock: https://www.gog.com/en/game/king_of_dragon_pass
But this is not the right thread for question like this. ;)
My bad, I read the title too fast. Thank you though!
thraxman: Requiem: Avenging Angel?
Hello thraxman!

No, it has nothing to do with "Requiem".

kalirion: Batman: Arkham Asylum?
Hello kalirion!

And it is none of the various Batman videogames, either.

Let me give you another picture and an additional clue:
The game's presentation and graphics quality various a lot depending on the current scene and area!
(By the way, both aforementioned screenshots have in common, that they are from an 'area' transition.)

Good luck!

Kind regards,
foxgog
Attachments:
I have definitely seen that tunnel transition in the first screen (or something very similar) somewhere. Even the 2nd screen symbol looks familiar... Just can't quite remember which game it was...
Post edited December 06, 2022 by idbeholdME
foxgog: Let me give you another picture and an additional clue:
The game's presentation and graphics quality various a lot depending on the current scene and area!
(By the way, both aforementioned screenshots have in common, that they are from an 'area' transition.)

Good luck!

Kind regards,
foxgog
I think we need more hints, perhaps a complete gameplay screenshot with UI would be called for by this point :)
kalirion: (...)
I think we need more hints, perhaps a complete gameplay screenshot with UI would be called for by this point :)
Hello again kalirion and everyone else,

I was a couple of days offline and could not respond earlier.

The problem is, that the game is very minimalistic with respect to user interface. Furthermore, I did not cut anything from the screenshots.

But nevermind, here are three more screenshots from gameplay! (I merely had to reduce a little bit the size of the images, since it exceeded the forum's file size limit.)
As you might guess, the gameplay is quite focussed on exploration of the diverse game world.

Kind regards,
foxgog
Attachments:
Post edited December 11, 2022 by foxgog
foxgog: But nevermind, here are three more screenshots from gameplay! (I merely had to reduce a little bit the size of the images, since it exceeded the forum's file size limit.)
As you might guess, the gameplay is quite focussed on exploration of the diverse game world.
Ah, that rings a bell now, particularly that bridge. Anodyne 2? Played it 1-2 years ago.
Post edited December 11, 2022 by kalirion
Ok, I'm confident about my guess above, as the bridge in the "4_exploring.jpg" shot is the same one you can see here.

So, next one:
Attachments:
Post edited December 14, 2022 by kalirion
Second hint:
Attachments:
horsey.jpg (78 Kb)
kalirion: Second hint:
obviously looks like Hexen/Heretic there.
Unless it's one of these newer "spiritual successor/homage" retro-looking indies, the visuals check out with Hexen II

thought it'll be too easy, but yeah I've found it - it's the "Raven Staff". Tried playing the game, completed the first episode, found it boring.

PS Original Hexen BH was one heckuva game. Transition to a full 3D engine didn't do it good IMHO.
Post edited December 16, 2022 by osm
kalirion: Second hint:
osm: obviously looks like Hexen/Heretic there.
Unless it's one of these newer "spiritual successor/homage" retro-looking indies, the visuals check out with Hexen II

thought it'll be too easy, but yeah I've found it - it's the "Raven Staff". Tried playing the game, completed the first episode, found it boring.

PS Original Hexen BH was one heckuva game. Transition to a full 3D engine didn't do it good IMHO.
Yup, it is indeed Hexen 2! Your turn!

The puzzles, often forcing you to find secret doors/switches/etc in order to progress, can certainly be a turn off, but I've been using the Hammer of Tyrion source port to play through the game as all classes on 2nd hardest difficulty and finding it rather fun. Feels like they didn't even bother balancing the weapons for some of the classes though. That Raven Staff, for example, is pretty damn awful when not powered up by the Tome of Power - consumes way too much mana, and does absolutely shit damage. *With* the Tome of Power it basically becomes Hexen 1 Cleric's 4th weapon, which is pretty good, but it still goes through mana like there's no tomorrow.

I'm playing as the final class, Assassin, right now, and its 4th weapon is simply incredible - does about the same damage as the Raven Staff does per shot, but uses 8 times less mana, AND can be charged to make super damaging shots. Its Tome of Power mode is crap, but there's no need to use it anyway. Possibly to make up for how bad Assassin's third weapon is - grenades which have great damage/mana ratio but almost impossible to hit moving targets with - and that's when they don't phase through those targets... Not to mention the grenades are introduced near start of Episode/Chapter 2, which is where the incredibly nimble jaguar warriors or whatever are, who duck and dodge left and right. Good luck grenading one of those!
Post edited December 16, 2022 by kalirion