It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

KetobaK: Done, image added.
Could you confirm osm's answer?
osm: PS will we finally see a 10px by 10px image here?)
A 10x10 px edition is actually a fun idea... Maybe someone would want to create a thread for that.

Meanwhile, this thread is nice as it is: simple and with few rules.
If you personally want some extra challenge, you can always stick to some of the "unwritten" extra rules (like no cropping, no cutscenes or no image searching...) Your choice :)
I always figured "no image searching" was a mandatory rule as its, well just cheating, then again how the hell do we enforce it?
I always considered image searching as cheating too, but some people have... a more relaxed point of view on that subject, and it's not really written anywhere.
So, unless players agree on a new set of rules the only ones are "I will give you a screenshot of a game, and you will answer. If an answer is true you can ask your question. But point is the person who is asking the question must verify the answer."
thraxman: I always figured "no image searching" was a mandatory rule as its, well just cheating
I don't.
But if the image searches right away, I don't consider it fair game.
If it requires some persuasion on my part... why not. This took some (however small).

As for enforcing - only the good will of the poster.
Lone_Scout: If you personally want some extra challenge, you can always stick to some of the "unwritten" extra rules (like no cropping, no cutscenes
when I post I observe these and some more.

as for searching - if it takes some knack (ie won't search right away) then why the heck not? And if it does, I consider this lazy on the poster's part.
kalirion: Could you confirm osm's answer?
pretty sure he could https://i.ytimg.com/vi/W6D9e8cCWqw/maxresdefault.jpg
Post edited January 31, 2022 by osm
If you consider searching being way too easy, try feeding his image to google. See what it comes up with =P https://www.google.com/imghp
osm: If you consider searching being way too easy, try feeding his image to google. See what it comes up with =P https://www.google.com/imghp
[url=https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiuJ1trzNIZ53ey_1obrrhQ3tapi_1sVHZi4zZKWyjC8iG404Wd2xMDmp5mlaL6GoHDFVuxj12GT9IMeLquuUBI-m8HyOF5sEIKr8wN2FLrzzsm1nrypb8PthSJl0h7KuJVCvI8axdjn-41j66g8Q2QHh2YH2zOERDL4vnfwgv5FXL76DHYDE69aRLO6_1LonOLEjx8dKB96NofiVfewvb63UYi9qpIs1CluWmFujhlFafFM0EQPUmJ71Vy63iuMmvwHlgHp-v8BGWmhl5JKpVYnhcyDnL5D4LcoKCMKVUyrUyod3-rVkK0gOAo1LN7ainQu3qhluzM&hl=en]https://www.google.com/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZiuJ1trzNIZ53ey_1obrrhQ3tapi_1sVHZi4zZKWyjC8iG404Wd2xMDmp5mlaL6GoHDFVuxj12GT9IMeLquuUBI-m8HyOF5sEIKr8wN2FLrzzsm1nrypb8PthSJl0h7KuJVCvI8axdjn-41j66g8Q2QHh2YH2zOERDL4vnfwgv5FXL76DHYDE69aRLO6_1LonOLEjx8dKB96NofiVfewvb63UYi9qpIs1CluWmFujhlFafFM0EQPUmJ71Vy63iuMmvwHlgHp-v8BGWmhl5JKpVYnhcyDnL5D4LcoKCMKVUyrUyod3-rVkK0gOAo1LN7ainQu3qhluzM&hl=en[/url]

Nothing.

Also, can we be more clear about what we mean when we say "image searching is cheating"? I consider uploading an image file (or url) to google image search like above to be cheating, but I do not consider going to images.google.com and typing text keywords and browsing the images that come up to be cheating.
Post edited January 31, 2022 by kalirion
kalirion: Nothing.
Exactly.

kalirion: Also, can we be more clear about what we mean when we say "image searching is cheating"? I consider uploading an image file (or url) to google image search like above to be cheating, but I do not consider going to images.google.com and typing text keywords and browsing the images that come up to be cheating.
yeah I get you.
technically, it would be within the rules to just post an '@' and see if anyone can guess what ASCII game it is ...
Austrobogulator: Challenge accepted.
Matewis: xD How about a small hint: what's the blue part of the image? Looks like a little character's legs.
They are indeed legs.
Matewis: xD How about a small hint: what's the blue part of the image? Looks like a little character's legs.
Austrobogulator: They are indeed legs.
Gotta be Lemmings (unless it's one of the sequels).
Post edited February 01, 2022 by kalirion
Austrobogulator: They are indeed legs.
kalirion: Gotta be Lemmings (unless it's one of the sequels).
It is Lemmings!

I made sure to have the screenshot be something unique specifically to the original Lemmings :)

Your go.
kalirion: Gotta be Lemmings (unless it's one of the sequels).
Austrobogulator: It is Lemmings!

I made sure to have the screenshot be something unique specifically to the original Lemmings :)

Your go.
Good work! My initial guess was "Christmas Lemmings" or "Holiday Lemmings" because it seemed like it was standing on a candy cane or some other Xmas treat thingy, but googled screenshots showed only Santa outfits so that got crossed off.

Anyway, next one:
Attachments:
spyro.jpg (363 Kb)
Post edited February 01, 2022 by kalirion
Austrobogulator: It is Lemmings!

Your go.
kalirion: Good work! My initial guess was "Christmas Lemmings" or "Holiday Lemmings" because it seemed like it was standing on a candy cane or some other Xmas treat thingy, but googled screenshots showed only Santa outfits so that got crossed off.

Anyway, next one:
This is the level it's from.

Also, that looks like Outcast.
osm: Metro Exodus.

2all: feel free to take my turn.

PS will we finally see a 10px by 10px image here?)
Yes, it was that!