It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JJjoinut99: Yeah that sounds about right. Okay here we go!
I have... absolutely no idea... what this.............. could be, Mr. Parker.
Graphic doesn't fit, but the game was released on several platforms. Another World?
Just curious, do you guys play this based on a honor system? Just asking this since other forums stop doing this game after the searchable images was implemented.
JamesBond007: Graphic doesn't fit, but the game was released on several platforms. Another World?
Nope sorry!
Cyraxpt: Just curious, do you guys play this based on a honor system?
Yes. We're an honorable and trusting bunch. :) Unless the poster of the riddle takes any precautions by altering the image, you can cheat without anyone noticing. But where's the point? You don't win any prizes if you guess correctly, it's all just for fun, and where's the fun in cheating?

Out of curiosity, I occasionally use the image search to find out what game a given screenshot is, but only when I'm positive that I won't be able to guess it anyway, and I'm too impatient to wait for the correct answer. Whenever I do that, I give up my chance to guess the riddle and refrain from posting.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by Leroux
Leroux: ...
Yep. That's pretty much how it works here. Isn't the GOG forum a nice place to be? :-)

On topic: I am sure that I have seen this style before. Some adventure from the 90-s, I'm sure. I think I have played it, but I don't remember which one it was.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by Lifthrasil
Leroux: Yes. We're an honorable and trusting bunch. :) Unless the poster of the riddle takes any precautions by altering the image, you can cheat without anyone noticing. But where's the point? You don't win any prizes if you guess correctly, it's all just for fun, and where's the fun in cheating?

Out of curiosity, I occasionally use the image search to find out what game a given screenshot is, but only when I'm positive that I won't be able to guess it anyway, and I'm too impatient to wait for the correct answer. Whenever I do that, I give up my chance to guess the riddle and refrain from posting.
I think scouring Mobygames and Lemon 64 is generally allowed if the clue's gone on too long though
I do it anyhow...
Unless I'm being really lazy, I try to take screenshots myself so there's less of a chance of it being searchable.

As for doing image searches myself, when I resort to that I don't post an anwer.
Post edited September 04, 2014 by kalirion
Fever_Discordia: I think scouring Mobygames and Lemon 64 is generally allowed if the clue's gone on too long though
I do it anyhow...
Sure, I think general searches based on clues are fine. They still require some thinking.

On topic, I've already done an image search on the game we're looking for, but afterwards I wished I hadn't, because that should be a quite well known game around here, and I might have been able to guess it. :)
Having a photographic memory I'm certain I've never played that one.
Leroux: Correct. It think it was only available on Amiga. Your turn!
Is that Shadow of the Comet?
skimmie: Is that Shadow of the Comet?
It is indeed! Is it on here? If not, it should be, Prisoner of Ice too.

Also, your turn!
JJjoinut99: It is indeed! Is it on here? If not, it should be, Prisoner of Ice too.

Also, your turn!
No, they're not sadly
They was some suggestion that even though Lovecraft himself is out of copyright that 'Call of Cthulhu' is actually the name of a table top role playing system and there were some potential licensing issues there, IIRC
JJjoinut99: It is indeed! Is it on here? If not, it should be, Prisoner of Ice too.

Also, your turn!
Cool, thanks!
Sorry for the long delay; I've been kinda busy. Anyway, here's the next one.
I hope it's not too easy.
Attachments:

Also, your turn!
skimmie: Cool, thanks!
Sorry for the long delay; I've been kinda busy. Anyway, here's the next one.
I hope it's not too easy.
Escape from New York, but is it a real game? I recall it being a hoax or made-up at least. Not sure though.
EDIT: It appears to be... real?
http://csdb.dk/release/?id=31727
Post edited September 08, 2014 by sunshinecorp